fellow Wii owners, something you SHOULD know about MW reflex

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/callofduty4modernwarfare/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-51823950&pid=970125&msg_id=m-1-570182533#m-1-570182533

Please read this. And read all that the TC has to speak about. I make this topic b/c Wii owners who want to play fps games and waiting for reflex may want to know hy we are treated second class.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
its a theory, not fact. its not knowledge, its assumption. but that was a really long read
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Can't believe I read all that. At the end of the day, that was all just one guy's theory. Some parts make sense but stretched too far.
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
I'll still buy it
billiam350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 billiam350
Member since 2009 • 55 Posts
Can't believe I read all that. At the end of the day, that was all just one guy's theory. Some parts make sense but stretched too far.Kenny789
I agree, but as some people on the Topic were saying, it's seems somewhat likely that the TC had insider info.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

I'm sorry, I can't read all of that.

Can someone please summarize it?

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="fabz_95"]

In a nutshell, IW is trying to keep their franchise off the Wii.
reveiwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 reveiwer
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

that whole read makes a whole lot of sense to me

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="fabz_95"]

Thank you :)
Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

[QUOTE="fabz_95"]

psychobrew

Good, I don't want it on my console. Keep it for my PC.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
its a theory, not fact. its not knowledge, its assumption. but that was a really long readgarrett_duffman
*makes me give up even caring about opening the page* can someone summarize whatever's in there?
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 psychobrew
[QUOTE="randomwiiplayer"]

I do. I like playing games like this on the Wii. I prefer reserving my PC for games like Battlefield and Battlefront (and wRPGs) since no console can do those series justice (Battlefront tried, but it was much better on the PC). I kind of like playing story based games while sitting on a recliner in my living room.
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 randomwiiplayer

[QUOTE="psychobrew"] In a nutshell, IW is trying to keep their franchise off the Wii.psychobrew

I do. I like playing games like this on the Wii. I prefer reserving my PC for games like Battlefield and Battlefront (and wRPGs) since no console can do those series justice (Battlefront tried, but it was much better on the PC). I kind of like playing story based games while sitting on a recliner in my living room.

How the heck do you manage to play Wii games in a recliner?

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

And here's my thoughts on the matter (which I responded to earlier in that exact thread)

(WALL O' TEXT, SORRY)

I don't understand what the big deal would be if this indeed the case? Nintendo wouldn't let some developer they didn't have confidence, or mettheir standards and just take control of a few Mario/Metroid/Zelda games. The only thing that's different this time around is IW really has no say (to a certain extent) and Activision makes all the decisions in the end.

I'm on both sides of the story though....

I'm going to school for Game Design, and I'm an artist. I wouldn't want to bust my ass 60+ hrs a week, receive high praise for my work (along with my team's), and find out that it's being pushed at something it may have never been intended to on when we came up with the concept, and it would be handled by someone else. You people can say what you want, but when people work together and create something together, it's like their damn kid. You won't want your name thrown in the mud, so I could see IW complaining all day long, and not wanting their name associated with Treyarch. I wouldn't either. If I worked at company A, had a good title, and company B was porting it, I wouldn't want my name in the mix. There's always a chance that something could go wrong, and the overall mass of consumers isn't intelligent enough to differentiate between companies like that, they don't understand how it works.

Where I don't understand IW (if this is actually happening) is that Treyarch doesn't make bad games (at least imo). They might not meet IW's standards, but I was very happy with CODWaW. It wasn't perfect, but for them dipping their toes into for the first time, I don't think it was bad at all. If IW has a problem with their IP going to the Wii, they need to step up and show that they're the better developer, and prove it. IW is a damn good team, but I'd be drooling to work with the Wii's controls. They and we all know it wouldn't look like the other versions, but if they're so good.... why can't they push the Wii? Just because it wouldn't be a duplicate (visuals wise), it doesn't mean they couldn't make a good game. If you have a good, creative team... you can make things out of nothing, and they should know that.

Not to mention... they're famous for having the (considered by most) the best FPS on the 360/PS3. Why not be known to dominate on the Wii as well?

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="randomwiiplayer"]

randomwiiplayer

Lol what? I do that all the time.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]its a theory, not fact. its not knowledge, its assumption. but that was a really long readBrunoBRS
*makes me give up even caring about opening the page* can someone summarize whatever's in there?

basically saying that IW is worried about treyarch taking control of the call of duty series, and then there was a huge thing about how IW wouldnt let treyarch put five on World at war because they are insecure or something, and the wii Modern warfare isnt going to be "4" persay because IW doesnt want it to be. To summarize the summary, Infinity Ward is a big baby because treyarch takes Infinities toys so IW has to whine and moan. it really serves no purpose at all as far as us wii owners go...
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]its a theory, not fact. its not knowledge, its assumption. but that was a really long readgarrett_duffman

basically saying that IW is worried about treyarch taking control of the call of duty series, and then there was a huge thing about how IW wouldnt let treyarch put five on World at war because they are insecure or something, and the wii Modern warfare isnt going to be "4" persay because IW doesnt want it to be. To summarize the summary, Infinity Ward is a big baby because treyarch takes Infinities toys so IW has to whine and moan. it really serves no purpose at all as far as us wii owners go...

so... it's all about the enumeration of the series? *opens link* they made a text that big becaue of the NUMBERS?!?! i've lost faith in humanity >_>
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]its a theory, not fact. its not knowledge, its assumption. but that was a really long readBrunoBRS

so... it's all about the enumeration of the series? *opens link* they made a text that big becaue basically. like i said, completely useless
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 psychobrew

Are you being serious?
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 garrett_duffman

[QUOTE="psychobrew"] I do. I like playing games like this on the Wii. I prefer reserving my PC for games like Battlefield and Battlefront (and wRPGs) since no console can do those series justice (Battlefront tried, but it was much better on the PC). I kind of like playing story based games while sitting on a recliner in my living room.psychobrew

Are you being serious?

agreed, i play all of my games reclined, with the back down!
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 randomwiiplayer

[QUOTE="psychobrew"] I do. I like playing games like this on the Wii. I prefer reserving my PC for games like Battlefield and Battlefront (and wRPGs) since no console can do those series justice (Battlefront tried, but it was much better on the PC). I kind of like playing story based games while sitting on a recliner in my living room.psychobrew

Are you being serious?

Yes, if I tried that the motion controls would go freakin crazy on me.

Hoodstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hoodstock
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

There's a whole community about this game. Just click on my signature icon.

Noskillkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Noskillkill
Member since 2009 • 1116 Posts

[QUOTE="fabz_95"]

psychobrew

i for one love modern warfare, but i dont see why everyone is makinga big deal about what consoles a publisher wants its games on. i mean, we didnt shake hands with them when the wii released and said, "promise to give us everything we beg and cry for since u put it on other consoles that are totally different from ours, and we havea deal." i mean, i love if we get some cool games from people who rarely put games on the wii, but if they dont want to put the games on the wii, we arent the target consumers, and they want the money from other people.

BOO HOO

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rgame1
@randomwiiplayer: well i want it on my console.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rgame1
@brunoBRS: its about how IW has constantly thwarted attepts for Wii COD4 and how they will make sure it will suffer. Remember, if treyarch do well with this, they may get their own Modern warfare project to work on and thats a big blow to IW.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rgame1
huys read the topic, its also one of the reasons why the screens we got suck, no trailer, no gameplay videos. Its IW clearly hating on us.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 garrett_duffman
huys read the topic, its also one of the reasons why the screens we got suck, no trailer, no gameplay videos. Its IW clearly hating on us.rgame1
this is only some kids opinion. there is no credibility in his assumption.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="rgame1"]huys read the topic, its also one of the reasons why the screens we got suck, no trailer, no gameplay videos. Its IW clearly hating on us.garrett_duffman
this is only some kids opinion. there is no credibility in his assumption.

come on, HOW DARE YOU say the kid who posted on the forum is wrong? BURN, HERETIC!!!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS
BTW...
if treyarch do well with this, they may get their own Modern warfare project to work on and thats a big blow to IW.rgame1
says who?
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 garrett_duffman

BTW...[QUOTE="rgame1"]if treyarch do well with this, they may get their own Modern warfare project to work on and thats a big blow to IW.BrunoBRS
says who?

oh jesus... TREYARCH ALREADY HAS THEIR OWN MODERN WARFARE PROJECT TO WORK ON, ITS FOR THE WII! :lol:

90xGrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 90xGrad
Member since 2009 • 528 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]BTW...[QUOTE="rgame1"]if treyarch do well with this, they may get their own Modern warfare project to work on and thats a big blow to IW.garrett_duffman

says who?

oh jesus... TREYARCH ALREADY HAS THEIR OWN MODERN WARFARE PROJECT TO WORK ON, ITS FOR THE WII! :lol:

pwned

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]BTW...[QUOTE="rgame1"]if treyarch do well with this, they may get their own Modern warfare project to work on and thats a big blow to IW.garrett_duffman

says who?

their own, exclusive, never made before? i'd think something as big as an exclusive call of duty game would get at least a single topic around... but all i see is "stop flaming MW:reflex, here's why" threads.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex: Still buying it. Can't stop me :P

randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 randomwiiplayer

@randomwiiplayer: well i want it on my console.rgame1

Then buy a 360, it will actually be a decent game on that instead of a toned down port.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Hmmm. I might but this game just so a Treyarch game on Wii has good sales. That is if this game gets at least an 8/10 average. COD4 was enjoyable.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
actually this is just a theory. However, an IW developer stated that the COD4 Wii build is good and fun. So i think that to admit that from their Treyarch counterparts: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=97628 Infinity ward thinks COD reflex is pretty good.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rgame1
@bruno: Well treyarch did COD3, and to the lookks of it, since it succeeded they got to make COD5. And now MWR. MW was never gonna be on Wii. But treyarch got the chance. And don't forget COD7 @garrett_duff: No they don't Its just a port they never made. What I Meant was they can play a role in the series like they did with W@W, COD7. They may be allowed to work on MW3 for instance. @randomwiiplayer: no thanks. I will get a 360 for other types of games. fps games officially suck with dual crapalog with me since i found how superior Wiimote is. And yes its a port, but we don't know how toned down it is until release.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rgame1
@intro94: yes they did. If you read the TC's post again (near the last part) he says they actually didn't anticipate it would be good. Obviously b/c they think Wii is junk
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
@intro94: yes they did. If you read the TC's post again (near the last part) he says they actually didn't anticipate it would be good. Obviously b/c they think Wii is junkrgame1
i know ,but it takes balls to admit the game was good with the hate they have for the system. BTW according to treyarch apparently is IW whos holding the trailer-new screenshots for Reflex.it might be a boycott.
Noskillkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Noskillkill
Member since 2009 • 1116 Posts

@bruno: Well treyarch did COD3, and to the lookks of it, since it succeeded they got to make COD5. And now MWR. MW was never gonna be on Wii. But treyarch got the chance. And don't forget COD7 @garrett_duff: No they don't Its just a port they never made. What I Meant was they can play a role in the series like they did with W@W, COD7. They may be allowed to work on MW3 for instance. @randomwiiplayer: no thanks. I will get a 360 for other types of games. fps games officially suck with dual crapalog with me since i found how superior Wiimote is. And yes its a port, but we don't know how toned down it is until release.rgame1

where is all this COD7 and MW3 stuff coming from??? who knows, MW2 may be the last in the series or maybe they will drop the MW theme and make it like Vietnam or somthing. Maybe even civil war.:lol: lets hope not. but still, we dont know what the next COD may be, or even if they make a next one. or is this MW3 COD7 stuff coming from an actual source? show me a link?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="rgame1"]@bruno: Well treyarch did COD3, and to the lookks of it, since it succeeded they got to make COD5. And now MWR. MW was never gonna be on Wii. But treyarch got the chance. And don't forget COD7 @garrett_duff: No they don't Its just a port they never made. What I Meant was they can play a role in the series like they did with W@W, COD7. They may be allowed to work on MW3 for instance. @randomwiiplayer: no thanks. I will get a 360 for other types of games. fps games officially suck with dual crapalog with me since i found how superior Wiimote is. And yes its a port, but we don't know how toned down it is until release.Noskillkill

where is all this COD7 and MW3 stuff coming from??? who knows, MW2 may be the last in the series or maybe they will drop the MW theme and make it like Vietnam or somthing. Maybe even civil war.:lol: lets hope not. but still, we dont know what the next COD may be, or even if they make a next one. or is this MW3 COD7 stuff coming from an actual source? show me a link?

american civil war call of duty would be awesome. "10 kills in a row and you unlock TEH PITCHFORK!!!!"
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 psychobrew

Are you being serious?

Yes, if I tried that the motion controls would go freakin crazy on me.

Not all games require a wide range of motion. I can see why it would be dificult to play games like golf, bowling, or baseball on a recliner, but FPSs are easy in one since motions are minor (generally reserved for doing things like re-loading)..
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

Call of Duty: The American Revolution

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 psychobrew
[QUOTE="Noskillkill"]

i for one love modern warfare, but i dont see why everyone is makinga big deal about what consoles a publisher wants its games on. i mean, we didnt shake hands with them when the wii released and said, "promise to give us everything we beg and cry for since u put it on other consoles that are totally different from ours, and we havea deal." i mean, i love if we get some cool games from people who rarely put games on the wii, but if they dont want to put the games on the wii, we arent the target consumers, and they want the money from other people.

BOO HOO

I want more FPSs on the Wii simply because I can't afford a new computer right now and I wouldn't touch an FPS on the 360 or PS3 with a 10 foot pole. Even if my PC were up for it, I still find it fun to play FPSs with an IR pointer. I just find it strange how IW can think they would be ruining their games by putting it on the Wii when they have no problem destroying it by putting it on systems requiring you to play with dual analog controls. FPSs are about action and gameplay. Graphics and physics are secondary. The people that are all about the physics are hypocrytical because the controls on other systems are so unrealistic. Realistic gameplay >>>>>>>> realistic in game physics (that still have a long way to go anyway).
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rgame1
@noskill: COD7 is the sequal to W@W. Its not numbered b/c if you read the TC's topic again, you will see that IW stopped treyarch naimg their games b/c they are bitter rivals and IW is getting powerfull. And yes, Treyarch confirmed COD7 is in the making and it is rumoured to be set in vietnam. MW series is a multi million (if not billion) doller series. You really think they will all of a sudden stop making them? Okay, lets stop making GTA games? That would make rockstar happy right?