Features you'd like to see added to future updates....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
I would really like to be able to connect to my media server to copy pictures from so I don't have to keep taking my SD card out. It would also be nice to stream my music collection from. I'd also really like to be able to message people on my friend list. How bout you? Anything you'd like to see added?
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Messaging people on the friends list...Its a pretty big feature to be left out IMO.

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
The best way to add messaging and protect the younger players from strangers may be to control it using the parental controls. That way, those of us that want it can use it and everybody else can turn it off.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Messaging people on the friends list...Its a pretty big feature to be left out IMO.

SRTtoZ

this and a lot of other features that should be in it but are left out :S Like taking 3D Videos. Or all the features that say *it'll come someday with a update*, and finally some games in the VC :S Couldn't they at leant include Mario 1 of the original GB to have at least one title? oO

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Proper DS resolution fix

Online Pictochat / Pictomessage

Cross Game Chat

eShop

Internet

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

Most of what is here. Browser, messaging, streaming, and an update to stop the freezing.

billboomboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 billboomboom
Member since 2007 • 288 Posts

Proper DS resolution fix

Cross Game Chat

eShop

Internet

Zanoh
agreed fully
Leaky_Taps_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Leaky_Taps_Man
Member since 2010 • 319 Posts

Some kind of trophy/achievement system *puts up flame shield*

killblade37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killblade37
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

Honestly i love the achivement idea alot. Ya i mean maybe its kinda similar to the xbox if they pull that off but it adds alot more play time to games also! and maybe you can unlock more stuff for your mii's as you get more achievments? lol nintendo should really have a place where people could suggest things to them for future updates

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Leaky_Taps_Man
I love some achievements. I am not a huge achievement person but sometimes its fun to see what you can get and to work alittle extra at them. + the friends stuff like letting you know who added you and messaging them.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17881 Posts

Leaky_Taps_Man
sure..just please provide an option to turn the blasted prompt off. that way ppl who love achievement get their ding and people who dont give a toss, like myself, can not acknowledge their existence. why is this so complicated for every achievements system developer to get? simple yes/no option and everyone is happy. xbox, PS3, metroid prime 3, steam...the only system where i can turn it off is games for windows live..funnily enough. but even then i have to disable the entire messaging system to do it. thats the only thing i hate about achievements. really immersed in a game of oblivion or something and "ding...100 points for taking 50 steps". what an immersion killer...i dont care. anywho im ranting on that and if i dont get off that topic then i could go on and on and on :P. as for updates.....once the battery is sorted..make the hardware go faster. apparently the GPU can go at 200MHz but only goes at 133 at the mo and those ARM11 processors can certainly go faster....i think (ign specs are completly bogus it seems) :S. as long as it doesnt over heat its all good. sony did it on the PSP with no hassle. maybe develop an app that can turn 2D photos into 3D photos also. i dont know if thats possible but if it is then it could be kewl for people with lots of photos.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Agree on archievements and they could give you coins, somewhat like the PS3 trophies but bronze = 1 coin, silver = 2 coins and gold = 3 coins or something like that. They could also increase something like unlockables for you Mii, how about different cloths? I guess it's going to look boring if you meet a lot of Miis via Street pass and they only differ in the face and the color of the upper part, height and weight. How about some different cloths like a T-Shirt :S

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
If anything, I'd like more ways to earn coins. 10 a day for walking, a coin for every time you have an interaction over streetpass maybe? That doesn't involve playing and you basically have to be out and moving around to get those anyway. I'm sure there are other ways to interact with the 3DS without actually using it that could be used to earn coins.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Acheivements would be nice...but I would like them to be called Figurines (or how ever it is spelt). Once you get that figurine you will be able to view the figurine (how it looks and all) and maybe orginize them some how. Sorta like the trophies you get in SSB:M and SSB:B.

From what I heard,

and Auto resolution adjesting for when playing DS games would be nice.

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
Messaging ftw. Free texting xD
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i want a check mii out channel app like the wii... so i can download some miis to my 3ds.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

Demos, DSiware, and of course 3DSware, Virtual Console is nice too, depending on offerings. I'm just now getting into Wii's Virtual Console. Deciding between the two systems to get certain games for would be killer. I'm trying not to double dip so often.

Also, I want to know about the game installs they were talking about a long time ago, how we were supposed to be able to install our games. Would be nice to hear more about that.

Paleo_Orca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Paleo_Orca
Member since 2007 • 858 Posts

Acheivements would be nice...but I would like them to be called Figurines (or how ever it is spelt). Once you get that figurine you will be able to view the figurine (how it looks and all) and maybe orginize them some how. Sorta like the trophies you get in SSB:M and SSB:B.

From what I heard,

and Auto resolution adjesting for when playing DS games would be nice.

Gamingclone
I love this idea. Basically making every Nintendo game have trophy figurines like in Super Smash Bros., but being able to access them through one system (or two, handheld and console).
bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
Adding Virtual Boy titles to the VC would be a good idea IMO. Ditch the red and go with black/grey scale graphics. It would be a pretty easy transition considering these games were already developed for stereoscopic 3D.
AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts
[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

Proper DS resolution fix

Cross Game Chat

eShop

Internet

billboomboom
agreed fully

All of these and it would be perfect.
Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
messaging Video/Audio chat anyone? Im pretty sure the 3DS can run NES and SNES and even N64 titles so it would be great to have those on the VC. A facebook option for the camera Mii sharing between friends/strangers
billboomboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 billboomboom
Member since 2007 • 288 Posts
[QUOTE="Tuky06"]messaging Video/Audio chat anyone? Im pretty sure the 3DS can run NES and SNES and even N64 titles so it would be great to have those on the VC. A facebook option for the camera Mii sharing between friends/strangers

A Facebook App, just for convenience.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

A Facebook app would be key.

I'm still a little unsure about how Netflix is going to work. If the 3DS has a five hour battery life for games, you'll have to cut that wayyy down for streaming video. Are we going to make it through a movie without the thing dying? Will we have to keep it on the charger while watching?

Avatar image for Sledgehammer117
Sledgehammer117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sledgehammer117
Member since 2011 • 298 Posts

I don't know if they can do it but I would like Gamertags. It would make the adding people a whole lot easier. I would also of course like messaging people and cross game chat