Favorite Design of DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

What design of the DS do you like the best?

If you don't want to read my thoughts, it just boils down to this: DS fugly; DS Lite pretty; DSi beautiful

I think that the DS is just plain ugly. Blocky, heavy, and a zany hinge.

The DS Lite looks great, but the gloss can be annoying. It looks classy with the double symbol in the center, and the redesigned buttons. The thin battery indicators look great also. Buttons are mushy instead of clicky now, and is more suitable for 3D games. The Start/Select buttons are nice and clicky, but are too small and at an awkward position. On the top the shoulder buttons are now recessed as flush. The microphone is finally at a sensible spot, too.

For the two DS systems, the OS is just plain ugly. Having to shut down each time is just a plain annoyance, and there is really no reason to even have a menu. All you're going to do is play games and maybe use the useless Pictochat. Then again there is download play.Compared to the games the menu looks oddly pixelated.

Overall the system looks "pretty."

For the DSi, I have to admit at first I thought it looked peculiar. Knocking off the nice DS symbol and adding an unorthodox camera at the corner? Just puzzled me. After looking at it again in a couple months, I think it just looks beautiful. The matte is definitely nice, but what pisses me off is that it's prone to permanent and temporary little scuffs from nails and such. No fingerprints though!It just always looks clean and elegant.

The buttons are now clicky like the original DS, and are more responsive. The Start/Select buttons are the same but larger. Pretty much the system is nice, classy, and sleek like the it's predecessor, but one thing ruins it. The shoulder buttons are raised but a couple millimeters. Instead of small cylinders they actually look like small buzzers. The screens are bigger but with a smaller resolution. The cameras are nice: the internal camera is done very well, but the flushed external camera is just too large and is asking to be scratched.

The OS is a huge step up now. It looks nice and simple; just like the Wii! What disappoints me is that the menu reverts back to the DS menu to access download play.

Overall the DSi looks beautiful!

floppydiscs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 floppydiscs
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

I agree! I just got a blue DSi this past Saturday and I love it! The design and programing is so sleek and beautiful! To add to that, its my favorite color!

Avatar image for Batman_Vengence
Batman_Vengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Batman_Vengence
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts

In terms of physical appearance,I think the DS Lite is more attractive.The matte finish on the DSi is also nice,but I still prefer the DS Lite.In terms of internal software,I guess I'd have to say the DSi,just because it's new and has more options.Perhaps if the two were crossed,everyone would be happy...

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
I don't know if a lot of male readers will reply to a thread with the word "pretty" in the subject, by my personal preference? "DS fugly" I'd also pick the "Gameboy fugly" but GBA SP only because I never played the original..
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

I don't know if a lot of male readers will reply to a thread with the word "pretty" in the subject, by my personal preference? "DS fugly" I'd also pick the "Gameboy fugly" but GBA SP only because I never played the original..jjtiebuckle

Meh, I didn't know one word to sum the DS Lite up so there ya go. Besides great seems a bit much overall. At least it's not in the title!

razzack9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 razzack9
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts

The DSi looks cool, but i dont think my DS Lite is that far behind :D

BoglinTornado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BoglinTornado
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

I actualy find the Lite to be better, everytime i see the DSi I see that camera, just a cancerous mutation. It just bothers me for no good reason.

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

I actualy find the Lite to be better, everytime i see the DSi I see that camera, just a cancerous mutation. It just bothers me for no good reason.

BoglinTornado

Lol, true, if it weren't for the camera, the DSi would look much nicer.

especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts
DSLite. Looks like a freaking miniature White Macbook. End of story. But I guess I'm just bias because I have the Lite and the DSi doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I like the DSLite and DSi but I like the DSi more because it is a Matte finish if the DS Lite was Matte finished I would've bought one. Actually I would've bought one anyway it is I waited to get a DS Lite so long I decided to get a DSi when it released.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
I voted the Original DS, though I wasn't refering to my DS. I remember how cool it looked with it's silver paint just before it's release. Then when they did release it, it wasn't so shiney anymore. :(
BoglinTornado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BoglinTornado
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

DSLite. Looks like a freaking miniature White Macbook.especensor

Not if you get it in black.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts

DSLite ftw!:)

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#15 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

The original DS is ugly. My favorite is either DSi or Lite, probably Lite b/c BC on GBA games.

Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts

I prefer the way the Lite looks over the other 2... I find the gloss rather attractive, but for that same reason I'm sure others would find it ugly lol.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
The DSi is the nicest looking. I only have the original model, it's a little ugly compared to the other 2.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

White DS lite is the coolest looking of all the DS's for me. It just looks sleek and futuristic. And it matches my Wii :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

The original DS,because it fits in my hands perfectly.It doesn't matter to me how good the other versions look when I can't play any of my games comfortably on them,and when some games become almost unplayable to me.

MyDSi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MyDSi
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts

The DSi. ;)

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Matte black DSi. Gotta love not seeing those fingerprints. Otherwise, cobalt DSLite.
Razmitaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Razmitaz
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts

The DSi is the most aesthetically pleasing in my opinon. I love the matte finish.

gamelover1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamelover1211
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

well i saw the dsi design yesterday and i think the ds lite is better.the ds lite looks cool even if its only one color like black, pink or white but the dsi in one color mmmmm...nop. so i like the ds lite better. and when you compare the dsi and the lite the dsi looks more plain and ugly, i know is new and all but i just find the ds lite well for me "pretty" for boys "cool".

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

White DS lite is the coolest looking of all the DS's for me. It just looks sleek and futuristic. And it matches my Wii :P

yokofox33
It doesn't stay white for long. My old white ds's buttons turned yellowish over time :(
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I agree! I just got a blue DSi this past Saturday and I love it! The design and programing is so sleek and beautiful! To add to that, its my favorite color!

floppydiscs
(: Marry me, please? (Jk, it's just that those are my exact thoughts. xD)
swornsecrets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 swornsecrets
Member since 2005 • 1958 Posts
I like the DSi and the DS Lite equally in terms of looks. As far as hardware the DSi is better but I do really miss the GBA slot. I'm glad I didnt sell my lite.