F1 2011 - Official trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Video here

Rush port confirmed it seems. Yeah it looks better than MK7, has nice skyboxes, and has online play, but did racers really look that bad last gen? I expect 3DS to provide GC level visuals and this seems sorta weak as in it was rushed. It looks pretty nice in some places, but ugly in others. Not sure if the car models or environments need the biggest improvement. Looks nice from a first-person view and can't wait to play it in 3d.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
there was a thread about this showing preview footage a few weeks back so i remember having a look at some older F1 games from the xbox and so on. its actually there or there abouts with GC levels for F1 games (well xbox and PS2..i dont think the GC got any). it doesnt look as good as, say, colin mcrae 2005 but then that game only needs to render 1 or 2 cars and a track. an F1 game is very hard on hardware. pretty much as tough as it gets for racing games. 24 cars, 23 independant AI systems, the track details (which does seem compromised in places sadly) and the underlying simulation (which is the most important and i hope its good). its tough stuff. the 3DS also has to do it all in 3D (or 60FPS minimum anyway). its looking better than that preview build now in fairness to CM. the wet track effect is better than i was expecting also (it was never going to be PC good but i dont remember seeing a reflective track on last gen consoles in F1 games). the only thing that dissapoints me graphics wise on that vid anyway is the lack of reflections on the cars themselves. that could be done on a PS2 last gen (albeit very basic) so it should be doable on the 3DS. im just hoping its a fun F1 game. i have 2010 on my PC and 11 doesnt seem like enough of an upgrade to get it on PC. but an F1 game on the go would be very nice.
MajorTapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MajorTapper
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

I checked out the videos for F1 2011 here on gamespots web site and they look like they are almost 3D here. So I would think that the graphics will be even better on our 3D's.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
I think it looks ok, but the frame rate makes it all look appalling. It's may or may not be a rush job, but its definitely coming out too soon.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I think it looks pretty darned good for a DS title. To me, a game is primarily how it plays as to how it looks though. If they manage to get the whole sport into the game, I'm sold.

:)

javman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 javman05
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts

just checked out the trailer for this and was happily surprised, looking good