F - Zero look alike game (fast) and WiiU loads more powerful than life..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/shinen_multimedia_defends_the_wii_u_hardware

Fast Racing League sequel on the cards and it looked bit similar to F-Zero.

tired... cba adding any more.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that 1GB RAM for games is better than the 480MB that 360 had. Not to mention the fact that Nintendo could open up more of that 1GB OS RAM in the future.

In addition to that the 360 has 10MB eDRAM whereas the Wii U has 32MB. The Wii U's RAM is also known for being good for compression, so it is feasible, although I'm not an expert, to pull off things that would normally run on more RAM with just the Wii U's 1GB. But that of course requires devs to actually optimize code and not just slap unoptimized, rushed code which appears to be what EA wants to do with every Frostbite game.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

We have to refrain from cross-platform discussions as that is appropriate for System Wars.

TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TxTech1923
Member since 2013 • 662 Posts
FAST sequel?? Yes!! Fast is one of my favorite Wii games, and Shinen makes some high quality games in general.
RandoIphF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RandoIphF
Member since 2013 • 271 Posts
It isn't relevant anymore if the Wii U is more powerful than the 360. The Xbox 360 is almost eight years old. Having better tech than an eight year old system should be expected, and by a much greater margin than Wii U currently manages. By the time games that really showcase the power edge Wii U has over current gen systems, the next gen will be out in force, and no will give a damn that some Wii U games look better than anything on the 360. It's a moot point now because the 360 is essentially already dead and the period of time wherein it could have mattered was squandered because Nintendo didn't have any showcase games made in time. The graphics potential of the Wii U is irrelevant in every way, it just needs games at this point, period.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Hopefully I won't be able to 100% this version of FAST in 1 day like I did the first one. Shin'en makes really good looking games that lack content. They're more of an Arcade machine company. I will definitely wait on this version as I felt ripped off after buying the first one.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i like this guys way of thinking ,,  

" we have reached a time where power isnt all that needed , we need better games couldnt have said it better my self,    

the wiiu  is like this guy said more powerful then wii and thats all that matters , but if thats not enough nfs u proves its more capable then 360 or ps3 

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

It isn't relevant anymore if the Wii U is more powerful than the 360. The Xbox 360 is almost eight years old. Having better tech than an eight year old system should be expected, and by a much greater margin than Wii U currently manages. By the time games that really showcase the power edge Wii U has over current gen systems, the next gen will be out in force, and no will give a damn that some Wii U games look better than anything on the 360. It's a moot point now because the 360 is essentially already dead and the period of time wherein it could have mattered was squandered because Nintendo didn't have any showcase games made in time. The graphics potential of the Wii U is irrelevant in every way, it just needs games at this point, period.RandoIphF

While I agree with your final statement and also the fact that at the end of the day, Wii U won't be impressive graphically, I must disagree regarding the relevancy of the 360/PS3. Almost every new 3rd Party game being announced is also being announced for 360 and PS3. The cost of development and a small install base for next-gen consoles almost guarantees that most AAA 3rd party games will be cross-generational at least for the first two years after the PS4 and One are out. That's good news for the Wii U. Also, while Wii U's raw specs will be dwarfed by PS4/One, the very next-gen GPCPU architecture coupled with the easy scalability of  next-gen engines will mean that once the industry finally abandons the PS3/360, the Wii U won't be left behind as much as the Wii was last gen.   

SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 SupremeAC
Member since 2003 • 7561 Posts
Hopefully I won't be able to 100% this version of FAST in 1 day like I did the first one. Shin'en makes really good looking games that lack content. They're more of an Arcade machine company. I will definitely wait on this version as I felt ripped off after buying the first one.nini200
I wouldnt say I felt ripped off, but I agree that Fast was lacking in content. I liked FAST a lot, but that's probably more because of my love for the futuristic racing genre. I sure hope we get a propper F-Zero this time around. And maybe Nintendo could throw in some WaveRace too?
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
[QUOTE="nini200"]Hopefully I won't be able to 100% this version of FAST in 1 day like I did the first one. Shin'en makes really good looking games that lack content. They're more of an Arcade machine company. I will definitely wait on this version as I felt ripped off after buying the first one.SupremeAC
I wouldnt say I felt ripped off, but I agree that Fast was lacking in content. I liked FAST a lot, but that's probably more because of my love for the futuristic racing genre. I sure hope we get a propper F-Zero this time around. And maybe Nintendo could throw in some WaveRace too?

Yea I liked FAST too but I felt that it just lacked content that could've justified a $15 price. I'm a huge fan of futuristic racers which is why I think that FAST could've been sooo much better than it was. Fzero, Xtreme G, Hypersonic Xtreme, Wipeout, Aero Guage, are all games I play and own.

Fast was good for 3 days and then it lost it's charm. You could even see it here in the forums. Everybody was ecstatic about how awesome Fast looked and such, then the game released and there were threads everywhere. 1 to 2 weeks later, not a single thread on Fast was seen or spoken in again.