Ex-Nintendo Fans

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kaztiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 kaztiyo
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts

first of al this is not a hatred thread, just want to know how many of you will agree with me

ok, i was a nintendo fan since i was a little boy, i bought my 64 when i was 11 with my own money i earned, same with gamcube at 16 i think, and i must confess that i am dissapointed with the wii.

first of all, i don't find it confortable to have to be playing with a solid rectangular prism in one hand and a joystick in the other, the controller is extremelly unconfortable to my hands, and most of the games require it, and i tried to play smash bros with it, it really really frustates me, not happy with the smash bros + wiimote combination, tony hawk games aswell are a little hard to play with this controller, and many other games. the only reason i wanted to get a wii was to play the new zelda game, but i thought about it (hmm paying over $300 bucks to play just one game? nah) so i decided to wait for now

Metroid Prime Trilogy is another of nintendo's HUGE mistakes, i mean i had enough with one first-person-shooter game, the first metroid prime was ok, in fact it was awesome, but then they came up with echoes, really boring, and now corruption -______-" I'm really glad that the nightamare is over because the trilogy is over, lol. why can't Nintendo just make a normal Metroid game just like the Super Metroid, or the Gameboy ones, like Fusion, which in my own opinion was a very original and creative metroid game, different from all of the metroid games, pretty good game.

Anyways i know most of you agree with me but some (stubborn and obsessed fanboys) won't admit it.

king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 king-kill33
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
im not a fanboy, nor am i stubborn. but i can say 100% whole heartedly i think your talking a load of crap
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts
I'm a stubborn fanboy because I like my Wii and don't find it a disappointment? Nice to know.
flordeceres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flordeceres
Member since 2005 • 4662 Posts
Blog it.
Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
So, you're saying you don't like the wii because of metroid prime 3 and the wiimote+nunchuck combo? I find it the same as any other type of controller sheme, you can tape them together if you wish, and motion controls are not that hard.
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts

Your point doesn't make sense. You are saying this as if everyone has to agree with you, and if someone chooses not to, that makes them stubborn?

You need to learn that other people have different views than you and dont have to agree with everything you say.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Your point doesn't make sense. You are saying this as if everyone has to agree with you, and if someone chooses not to, that makes them stubborn?

You need to learn that other people have different views than you and dont have to agree with everything you say.

makaveli_89

Your sig has now made this thread awesome.

Thank you good sir.

Gin_Tama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 Gin_Tama
Member since 2006 • 4640 Posts

Smash Bros = GC Controller for the best possible experience.

Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Durhamster
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

you do know you can use a gamecube controller for Super smash bros right?

Metroid prime a huge mistake? Echos was horrible I'll give ya that but you obviously havn't played Corruption.

Try the Virtual Console, lots of classic nintendo games there buddy.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Smash Bros = GC Controller for the best possible experience.

Gin_Tama

If you can't adapt

Wiimote and chuck offers the best and fastest experience

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

I agree that the Wiimote by itself is not particularly well designed, but the free cover that Nintendo gives out makes it a lot more comfortable. I use the nunchuk + wiimote combo in smash with no problems. It just took a bit of getting used to.

As far as Metroid is concerned, I'm afraid you're just getting left behind while gaming is evolving. Sort of like an elderly person who doesn't like computers. A 2D Metroid just wouldn't be very popular except with players who are old enough to remember the early versions. If you like the 2D Metroids go back and play them. Just because you're feeling nostalgic doesn't mean that that's the direction the gaming industry should be moving in.

So far the Wii is my favorite console since the SNES.

Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts
I started with the NES when I was 4-5. The NES/SNES are the best. N64 is absolute tripe. GC sucks. Wii is good. Go away now.
enemylines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 enemylines
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
Okay you might have a point with metroid but i honestly have no idea what you are talking about when you say the controller is uncomfortable.(and im not a fanboy)The way i see it there is three possibilitys to your discomfort 1.your hands are so small the wiimote cant fit in them 2.your hands are the size of sasquatch's 3. You are so lazy that you cant even get up to play wii sports.
Close
Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tuky06

i think i made a mistake with posting this thing under the Wii Forums, i'm surrounded by fanboys :|

kaztiyo

Yeah, I know these fanboys can't understand that your opinion is 100% a fact and that if they don't agree with it they're wrong. >_______>

makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts

i think i made a mistake with posting this thing under the Wii Forums, i'm surrounded by fanboys :|

kaztiyo

and that's the type of mentality i was trying to point out earlier.

Gin_Tama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 Gin_Tama
Member since 2006 • 4640 Posts

like i said, i am not a hater i loved nintendo, it really revolutionated the way games are meant to be played with the addition of the motion sensing, which was stolen by Sony to create the sixaxis, but it is really unconfortable to play with a controller shaped like a sexual toy, and regarding the Metroid subject, i liked the first metroid prime, but one first person metroid was enough, and since it was a really successfull nintendo is bombing us with more and more first person shooters, to be honest they only wanted to make some equilibrium with the xbox's halo, since it was such a success, but i miss the old metroid games i dream of a world were we could play a Metroid in 3rd person perspective

kaztiyo

That post is made of sheer win.

Swarmed by fanboys, what did you expect?

Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Durhamster
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

like i said, i am not a hater i loved nintendo, it really revolutionated the way games are meant to be played with the addition of the motion sensing, which was stolen by Sony to create the sixaxis, but it is really unconfortable to play with a controller shaped like a sexual toy, and regarding the Metroid subject, i liked the first metroid prime, but one first person metroid was enough, and since it was a really successfull nintendo is bombing us with more and more first person shooters, to be honest they only wanted to make some equilibrium with the xbox's halo, since it was such a success, but i miss the old metroid games i dream of a world were we could play a Metroid in 3rd person perspective

kaztiyo

They'll probably add more Metroids in 3rd person. Just not on a console like the Wii. They will more then likely add more Metroid Games for the DS and/or whatever handheld comes after. In today's world 2d side scrollers such as Metroid on the Wii, 360 or PS3 just isn't practical. There are two Metroid 2d side scrollers on the Wii though. Super Metroid and the original Metroid, both on the Virtual Console. Also you can buy a classic controller to play them both instead of having to use the wii remote.

cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

kaztiyo

lol. Ok, this is like going to the PS3 forums, saying you think the Metal Gear series is crap, and the PS3 controller is poorly designed. Fanboys or not, they're gonna react the same. In fact, I'm going to the PS3 forums, gonna copy your thread, change the game to MGS, and we'll see fanboys.

Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tuky06
[QUOTE="kaztiyo"]

cjm23

lol. Ok, this is like going to the PS3 forums, saying you think the Metal Gear series is crap, and the PS3 controller is poorly designed. Fanboys or not, they're gonna react the same. In fact, I'm going to the PS3 forums, gonna copy your thread, change the game to MGS, and we'll see fanboys.

Be sure to change your avatar, just in case.
iamsammy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iamsammy71
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts

Why would you post this on the Wii forum when like 89% of the people on it likes the Wii...

cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cjm23
lol oh ya. That could backfire.
cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cjm23

first of al this is not a hatred thread, just want to know how many of you will agree with me

ok, i was a Sony fan since i was a little boy, i bought my PS when i was 11 with my own money i earned, same with PS2 at 16 i think, and i must confess that i am dissapointed with the PS3.

first of all, i don't find it confortable to have to be playing with the SIXAXIS, the controller is extremelly unconfortable to my hands, and all of the games require it, and i tried to play Gran Turismo 5: Prolouge with it, it really really frustates me, not happy with the GT + SIXAXIS combination, tony hawk games aswell are a little hard to play with this controller, and many other games. the only reason i wanted to get a PS3 was to play Resistance, but i thought about it (hmm paying over $500 bucks to play just one game? nah) so i decided to wait for now

The Metal Gear Solid Series is another of sony's HUGE mistakes, i mean i had enough with one game, the first Metal Gear was ok, in fact it was awesome, but then they came up with Metal Gear 2, really boring, and all the other crappy 3d ones,and now MGS4 -______-" I'm really glad that the nightamare is over because the series is over, lol. why can't Sony just make a normal Metal Gear game just like Metal Gear 1 on the NES, which in my own opinion was a very original and creative Metal Gear game, different from all of the other MGS games, pretty good game.

Anyways i know most of you agree with me but some (stubborn and obsessed fanboys) won't admit it.

How does that sound?

You think EVERYONE in the PS3 board would crap a brick? I do?

P.S. I'm not a fanboy. I own a 360 and Wii, and plan to get a PS3.

kaztiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kaztiyo
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts

yeah, that sounds pathetic if you post it on the PS3's side, but if you look at what i said with neutral eyes and ideas and not with biased ones, you'll realize that most of the stuff i said is right, and what you edited in a way to look like you're criticizing the ps3, well it doesn't make any sense because, first of all everyone agrees that metal gears rules, and every console has its own good games, but "IN MY OWN OPINION" i think nintendo ran out of ideas, there are over 10 metroid games and over 10 zelda games, over 30 mario games, i mean most of the sequels are good but they should come withnew charecters and ideas

cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cjm23

yeah, that sounds pathetic if you post it on the PS3's side, but if you look at what i said with neutral eyes and ideas and not with biased ones, you'll realize that most of the stuff i said is right, and what you edited in a way to look like you're criticizing the ps3, well it doesn't make any sense because, first of all everyone agrees that metal gears rules, and every console has its own good games, but "IN MY OWN OPINION" i think nintendo ran out of ideas, there are over 10 metroid games and over 10 zelda games, over 30 mario games, i mean most of the sequels are good but they should come withnew charecters and ideas

kaztiyo

I didn't change anything other than putting MGS in there and the SIXAXIS. . .

I could care less if you don't like Metroid, or don't like the feel of the controller, but when you say if yo don't agree with me your a stubborn fanboy, thats where you wen wrong.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

The Wii is the most fantastic system ever in gaming. It has reinvented driving games, tiliting games, sports games, fps games, and many other genres. Metroid Prime 3 was a great game, and no one wants to play old 2d games. I was playing those games 20 years ago, its time to move on.

Nintendo keeps making games for its franchises because they are great games and people want to play them. If you don't like Metroid, Mario, Zelda, etc, then don't buy them.

The Wiimote is very comfortable, and allows you to spread out your arms instead of having to have your hands always on the same controller. Dual analog is dead, the wii mote is here to stay.

This thread fails. If you don't like the Wii, then sell it and buy something else.

/discussion

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

kaztiyo

How come you can express anti-Wii opinions without it being hate, but pro-Wii opinions are for stubborn fanboys? Bit of a double standard don't you think?

Drumahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Drumahboi
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

First of all, if you dont want to cause people to get mad, then dont call us "stubborn and obsessed fanboys"... you also didnt take into account that you posted this in the Wii Section, where many hardcore Wii fans to just casual nintendo gamers go to post about. Didn't you also claim that this wasn't a "hate thread"? Dude first of all, you ruined this thread right when you posted it, so next time be more careful.

Secondly, yes i am a little bit dissapointed with all of the 3rd party stuff they have been producing as "games". I think they should be a little more creative than reviving "old" games such as Resident evil and Ghost Squad. Not to say i didnt like the umbrella chronicles or ghost squad (which were really good games), but I think they should come up with something a little more new or innovative.

And again, (this goes to everybody) think before you post. ;P thanx! ;)

sicksteanein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sicksteanein
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

If you start a a sentence with "First of all, this is not blah", it usually is.

Also "I'm not a blah, but..."

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dark_Knight6

kaztiyo

I am by no means a fanboy. I own the Wii, 360, PSP, DS and plan on getting a PS3 in the future. I can easily give your pro's and con's of each system I listed but this is not the place for that. Most of the "stuff" you said is opinionated, not fact. You can think what you want but do not confuse your opinions with fact.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

ok, i was a Sony fan since i was a little boy, i bought my PS when i was 11 with my own money i earned, same with PS2 at 16 i think, and i must confess that i am dissapointed with the PS3.

first of all, i don't find it confortable to have to be playing with the SIXAXIS, the controller is extremelly unconfortable to my hands, and all of the games require it, and i tried to play Gran Turismo 5: Prolouge with it, it really really frustates me, not happy with the GT + SIXAXIS combination, tony hawk games aswell are a little hard to play with this controller, and many other games. the only reason i wanted to get a PS3 was to play Resistance, but i thought about it (hmm paying over $500 bucks to play just one game? nah) so i decided to wait for now

The Metal Gear Solid Series is another of sony's HUGE mistakes, i mean i had enough with one game, the first Metal Gear was ok, in fact it was awesome, but then they came up with Metal Gear 2, really boring, and all the other crappy 3d ones,and now MGS4 -______-" I'm really glad that the nightamare is over because the series is over, lol. why can't Sony just make a normal Metal Gear game just like Metal Gear 1 on the NES, which in my own opinion was a very original and creative Metal Gear game, different from all of the other MGS games, pretty good game.

How does that sound?

You think EVERYONE in the PS3 board would crap a brick? I do?

P.S. I'm not a fanboy. I own a 360 and Wii, and plan to get a PS3.

cjm23

I lol this post. However, MGS is a 3rd party game but the fanboys will say it's a Sony franchise anyway like when those guys said that Nintendo stole Solid Snake to put it on Super Smash Bros Brawl.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

kaztiyo

Everyone? I don't see anything original on Metal GEar Solid. It's a freaking FPS with high budget cinematic scenes. You say that Metroid Prime is a failure because it turned to be a first person game while you like Metal Gear Solid. That's what it doesn't make sense. Also, you're playing at the Orange Box which it's a compilation of FPS.

For the NIntendo games, I hope you know there's more than Zelda, Mario or Metroid.

Also, I have a feeling you didn't play at all on Wii. The first time I played it I remember the controller fit well in my hand.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Metroid Prime is a fantastic part of the Metroid franchise, what are you talking about.... :|
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

then sell the system and move on to something else. Everyone here seems to want to own all 3. I don't have a 360 yet but I plan to buy one like tomorrow. While each one of us plays all games, you can go on complaining about games than enjoying them. I bet if half of you people would spend as much time looking for a game on wii you like as you do whining about the system, you could find a game.

I myself find it a bit tough since I play by myself a lot so Smash Bros or Mario Kart won't get purchased by me. It's not that I hate those franchises, but if I really don't play with others too often then those games are a bit of a waste.

It sounds to me that you just don't like the controller or anything the wii is in general. You have already made up your mind so why post something here.

gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 gahzoo
Member since 2007 • 410 Posts
The Wii is the only console that actually was innovated because 360 and ps3 are basicly the same thing just better graphics and what you said about how nintendo needs to change? What about All those FPS shooters on xbox. oh and im not a fanboy i have wii and xbox :D
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dark_Knight6
[QUOTE="kaztiyo"]

chris3116

Everyone? I don't see anything original on Metal GEar Solid. It's a freaking FPS with high budget cinematic scenes. You say that Metroid Prime is a failure because it turned to be a first person game while you like Metal Gear Solid. That's what it doesn't make sense. Also, you're playing at the Orange Box which it's a compilation of FPS.

For the NIntendo games, I hope you know there's more than Zelda, Mario or Metroid.

Also, I have a feeling you didn't play at all on Wii. The first time I played it I remember the controller fit well in my hand.

The Metal Gear Solid games aren't First Person shooters.

enemylines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 enemylines
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
So what you are saying is that the Wii is horrible,the PS3 is the best console out there,the games for the PS3 are flawless,and the games for the wii are repetitive and stupid.(And you are calling us the fanboys.)
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
I kind of drifted away with Nintendo somewhere in between the Gamecube era. The Wii is a very nice console, don't get me wrong. But yeah, this gen. I think I'm going to consider myself a black sheep (pun intended) in that the console didn't deliver as much as I expected, thus far anyways. I have to say that it's really shaping up.
TehReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TehReaper
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts
I despise my Wii. I mostly use it for GC games =p But I love my ds...so I'm still good with nintendo XD
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I bought a Wii for Zelda too, but I ended up being very satisfied. The Wiimote is great and the rectangular part actually never comes in contact with your hand. My only complaint is it would be better if it had a little analog stick somewhere (like this).

I think Metroid Prime 3 is very very good. Sorry you don't like it.

If you really don't want to get a Wii, did you know that Twilight Princess is on Gamecube too?

jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

The Metal Gear Solid games aren't First Person shooters.

Dark_Knight6

"THIS IS NO FPS, THIS IS MGS!" Actually, its entirely possible to play the entire game from a first person perspective, walking and everything, its just a little complicated.

Anyways, this thread is fairly level headed considering the opening statements. Metroid Prime trilogy being a mistake? Lol no. Glad that its over? A little, but only because I agree with the one thing you got right, we do need more 2D Metroids.

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts

you do know you can use a gamecube controller for Super smash bros right?

Metroid prime a huge mistake? Echos was horrible I'll give ya that but you obviously havn't played Corruption.

Try the Virtual Console, lots of classic nintendo games there buddy.

Durhamster

Well, that solves some of your "Problems"

laser-pointer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 laser-pointer
Member since 2008 • 584 Posts
[QUOTE="presto7640"][QUOTE="kaztiyo"]

nickelarcade

How come you can express anti-Wii opinions without it being hate, but pro-Wii opinions are for stubborn fanboys? Bit of a double standard don't you think?

in my opinion he isnt a fanboy. i hated the 3d metroid games, there isnt enough alien blasting and too much puzzle solving. if nintendo fanboys actually learned just how stupid it is to play a game system made by a toy company as opposed to xbox 360 and ps3 which are made my video game companies than the internet would be a much better place. and nintendo fanboys have this weird idea that mature games mean adult themes, but rather, they involve stories that take the mind of a sophisticated older gentlemen to understand. could a nintendo fan understand the concept of a utopia gone wrong by genetic engineering in a game such as bioshock, on the same note about bioshock, most kids dont even know who ayn rand is.

there.

Nintendo is not a toy company. Nintendo has been a video game company way before microsoft and sony ever made a console.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts
Did you realy just say that?
Nintend0-BuDDy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nintend0-BuDDy
Member since 2008 • 639 Posts

first of al this is not a hatred thread

kaztiyo

It is.

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#49 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

im not a fanboy, nor am i stubborn. but i can say 100% whole heartedly i think your talking a load of crapking-kill33

take the "talking" near the end away, then I agree.