Excite Truck 2 Confirmed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Regginator14520
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Regginator14520
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts

I recently emailed the developers of Excite Truck, submitting some game ideas for the game because I loved the first game so much, and moments ago the following email arived in my inbox.

Joseph,

Thank you for your interest in Excite Truck. We loved the game, too. We can't look at your ideas without a non-disclosure agreement, so I can't really comment on your e-mail. I am sorry about that, because I know as a designer that a lot of passion goes in to coming up with new ideas.

Our team is currently working very hard on a new game
. We are excited about it and it should have some cool new stuff. I hope it adds the new features that you are interested in.

Regards,

Richard Garcia

President/Lead Designer

Monster Games, Inc.

So apparently, this might be able to confirm an Excite Truck 2 in a very little way, which is awsome.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Maybe but I doubt he wanted this posted here. :P I think it was just a little *Wink wink* to you.
EpsilonZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 EpsilonZX
Member since 2006 • 5503 Posts

You know too much!

Now you die!

*kills TC*

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I hope this revelation doesn't discourages them to share at least this hints of the new game soon. In fact, I hope they to find out how many of us enjoy their game ;-)
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Regginator14520
Yes they have a history of awsome racing games. and I don't know if i was suposed to post this or not, but this is an awsome "hint" of something new coming to the Wii, whether it is Excite Truck 2, or... something else "Exciting". I can confirm, by this email, that something is in existance, and it's exciting.
thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
He said new game
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Regginator14520

He said new game thisguy51

Ya, maybe a new "excite" game of some sort. Monster Games has a history of only developing racing games, so there is no doubt that it is a racing game.

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

He said new game thisguy51

Excite Truck 2 qualifies as a new game...

wyettt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wyettt
Member since 2006 • 198 Posts

Look up Nitrobike.

No excite truck 2 in planning I don't think.

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts

[QUOTE="thisguy51"]He said new game Regginator14520

Ya, maybe a new "excite" game of some sort. Monster Games has a history of only developing racing games, so there is no doubt that it is a racing game.

LOL Mkay w/e.

SKHuskie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SKHuskie
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts

Look up Nitrobike.

wyettt

What does Nitrobike have to do with Excite truck 2? They are made by different devs aren't they?

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="wyettt"]

Look up Nitrobike.

SKHuskie

What does Nitrobike have to do with Excite truck 2? They are made by different devs aren't they?

Way different.

Sharkz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sharkz989
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
So what ideas did you share?
Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Ponmop
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts

You know too much!

Now you die!

*kills TC*

EpsilonZX

Yeah, I'd keep a look out for black helicopters if I were you...

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

There was already a rumor about Excite Truck 2 awhile back, but Nintendo confimed it was just a rumor. People even made fake pics and stuff. I'll find one for ya.

asdg

RRR23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 RRR23
Member since 2007 • 2495 Posts
wii are excited:D
SolidSnaku401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidSnaku401
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
Sweet. Excite Truck was AMAZING
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
I'm really EXCITED!
musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts
well i think nitrobike is the sequeal but im not sure
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts

well i think nitrobike is the sequeal but im not suremusicman748

Nitrobike has NOTHING to do with Excite Truck, or even Excite Bike.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts
I don't really think that that much information was really revealed in this email so it's probably fine that you posted it. All that was really said was that "they are working on a game". No title tentative or otherwise, no shots, no info or release date. Just, "a game". The concept that a game company is working on a game is really not revelatory news lol. They're a game company, I'dhope they're making a game. So here's hoping it is Excite Truck 2 because the first is one of the most under hyped games ever. It was great!
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

Look up Nitrobike.

wyettt

Yeah isnt some of the Excite Truck team working on that, or is it the Excite Bike team. Either way devs are always working on something, but that doesnt mean its the same game as the one already out.

Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Regginator14520

So what ideas did you share?Sharkz989

some top secret ideas lol

Hello Monster Games,

My name is Joseph Reynolds from Meriden Connecticut and I have a lot of interest in your recently released title "Excite Truck" which was quite Exciting, and in fact, I am still playing it today even though I purchased it at launch. The game is indeed that good. I am quite excited for an "Excite Truck 2" and I often think about the possibilities when I play Excite Truck on my Wii. I don't know if this will do you any good, but as a great fan I would love to share some dream ideas and concepts for a possible "Excite Truck 2" and another idea.

First, let me say that Excite Truck for the Wii is awesome and there is not really a whole lot that needs to be added to it at all, personally, I am satisfied with the game. Here is some idea that I would like to see happen in Excite Truck 2.

1.) Excite Truck 1 has beautiful tracks with nice "real time" interaction. There was a wide variety of tracks from different places such as Mexico, Fiji, Canada, Scotland, Finland, China, and even a hidden Diamond track, in which all tracks were very attractive and beautiful. If there was to be an Excite Truck 2, keep some of the tracks from part 1 and just add new tracks to it. I would like to see a city/urban track added to the game for fun even though trucks don't belong in those areas. I would like to see some cool random concept tracks (similar to the Diamond track) but have a track that is racing during a hurricane and make the trees look like they are blowing sideways and add on screen water effects and a short visible windy view distance, as if it was a real hurricane, and when the trucks run into the special track power symbol, during that part of the track the hurricane becomes more intense and all of a sudden all kinds of stuff in blown in around the track from the storm, giving it a real "Storm Chaser" ****of feeling, similar to the tornado in the first excite truck which was so cool. Another idea of a concept fantasy track is to race tracks on a wide fantasy road platform over the Bermuda Triangle, and have no tree's, just only shiny watery effect roads, and big huge waves splashing into the roads with Rogue Waves and ships floating out in the water. Or have a race track in the Nevada/New Mexico deserts where nukes used to be tested and give it a nuclear theme with mines and explosives on the track and when trucks crash and blow up, they blow up like a miniature nuke and send shock waves from the explosion to near by trucks. As I play Excite Truck now, I dream of racing in new tracks like that.

2.) The vehicles in the first game were great, it would not bother me at all to play with the same set of vehicles again at all. If you wanted to improve them in any way, during crashes and damage, it would be awesome to gave the tracks a more bone crushing crash with broken glass and explosions. When a truck rams the side of another truck, make the truck completely cave inwards and have glass and pieces of the truck fly off, and sparks. Thats about all though, just updated cool damage effects that are jaw dropping.

3.) Keep the same type of controls because the controls on the first game was great, along with the scoring system. Have simple cool gameplay types to choose from, like in Excite Truck 1. Add different **** of gameplay for Multiplayer, such as possibly some type of racing "CTF" where each player as to drive out to a base and get a flag and drive back and each truck can place mines on the ground and ram the other truck for defense, have a smaller track map for it so players stay in contact with each other at all time, and also "racing "Soccer" multiplayer game where a team of trucks battle to try to roll a big soccer ball into a goal. Also, some form of dodge ball game where trucks can race around a small area and shoot boulders at each other with some type of scoring system.

4.) and of course, if possible, online multiplayer one some shape or form.

Thank you,
-Joe

Excite Xtreme concept idea

Futuristic Racing and "Big Air" jumps drag races with fast paced wild vehicles that are have no roof or bottom, but instead are capable of driving no matter how the vehicle lands (front or top). The vehicles are capable of driving up walls and driving around loops and turbo boosts. During a big jump, if you tilt the Wii remote backwards and frontwards the vehicle was flip insanely fast frontwards or backwards and freely land however you spin it, or, while in mid-air, you are capable of target locking another vehicle and fling the Wii remote forward a bit and your vehicle lauches forward and smashes it self into the other vehicle, similar to what can be done in Sonic for the Wii. I made a photoshop idea look of what the vehicle would look like, it's not really too good but it's similar to the vehicles from the game "Rollcage" which was on PC and PS1 a long time ago, which was a well loved game. If I had the powers to develop a game, I would do this but, the only thing I can do is send my dream ideas to someone who has the talent and power to do that.

Thanks,
Joe