shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Received this email from Nintendo, thoughts?

"Important information about your Nintendo account

On 9/18, your Nintendo Switch will be receiving a system update, version 6.0.0. Afterwards, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch user profile. Prior to this change, you should verify that your Nintendo Account or your child’s Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user profile.

For example, please confirm that the parent’s or legal guardian’s Nintendo Switch user profile is linked to the parent’s or guardian’s Nintendo Account, and that the child’s Nintendo Switch user profile is linked to his or her child account.

By ensuring that your Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user profile, you will be able to appropriately manage your save data, Nintendo Switch Online membership, and Nintendo eShop content."

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 shellcase86

I have my Switch linked to my Nintendo account which is tied to my email. Assuming I don't want to change the linked account to the device, nothing needs to be done, correct?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

I have my Switch linked to my Nintendo account which is tied to my email. Assuming I don't want to change the linked account to the device, nothing needs to be done, correct?

they are talking about your https://my.nintendo.com/ account.

have you made an account there? if you did back in the wiiU days then you need to update it to the new one. you link that account to your switch/3DS.

your email doesnt really matter. its your "my nintendo account" linked with your switch/3DS profile. this is how you get rewards and coins on switch and 3DS.

if you havnt updated then you can do it now.

this email is to remind the people that Already did this. telling them that you wont be able to change anything after sept 18. thats all. if you already updated everything then your good to go.

however if you havnt updated your account and linked it to your 3DS or switch then this doesnt concern you yet.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shellcase86

@KBFloYd: much thanks for the explanation!