ed boon: MK2 best on snes...VC port?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

ed boon says: "Wouldnt U all rather see the (infinitely better) SNES MK2 port on the Wii-U virtual console? It plays so much better!"

would you buy mortal kombat 2 if it came to the virtual console?

http://playeressence.com/netherrealms-ed-boon-teases-a-potential-mortal-kombat-2-release-on-the-wii-u-vc/

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

MK2 is the absolute best version, I'd be all over that. I would go over to the magazine section in the grocery store while my Mom was shopping and try to memorize all the moves for a Character then write them down once I got back into the car. It would be cool if the port included the Pong easter egg or an HD upgrade

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-chance-of-mortal-kombat-1-3-on-wii-u/1100-6419432/

Here's the full article. His statement above was more sarcastic, b/c the Sega version was apparently better, and how Sega isn't on the Virtual Console. I kinda agree that Nintendo needs to fix some of these areas, prior to worrying about MK in the VC. Plus how Nintendo is more family friendly and how MK is not. Doesn't seem like a good fit.

As for, would I buy? No, mostly b/c those games aged so poorly and b/c i have a ps2 disc with them on it. Has to be the bundle if anything too. I wouldn't mind picking up the kollection, but has to be cheap. I'd prefer to pick it up on PS3 too, if I were to.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@Sphensen said:

MK2 is the absolute best version, I'd be all over that. I would go over to the magazine section in the grocery store while my Mom was shopping and try to memorize all the moves for a Character then write them down once I got back into the car. It would be cool if the port included the Pong easter egg or an HD upgrade

I just wrote the codes on my hand with a pen, then wrote them down on paper at home. :)

I'd rather get the Genesis version of the MK games. The grainy graphics and bad sound are nostalgic for me. What, exactly, is the hold up for getting the Wii U VC expanded? We should have had Genesis and N64 a while ago now.