earthbound launch trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

release today 9.99$

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

TODAY. TODAY.

It gets released today!!!

I don't know if I'll get it though.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I know this a great deal for so many fans but I'm really unfamiliar with that game. What does it make it so special? Why so many fans were claiming for it since Wii's VC? How does it stakes today? I'm willing to try it out but some old games had been a disappointment on the past, during Wii's VC time. Regards!
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KBFloYd

I know this a great deal for so many fans but I'm really unfamiliar with that game. What does it make it so special? Why so many fans were claiming for it since Wii's VC? How does it stakes today? I'm willing to try it out but some old games had been a disappointment on the past, during Wii's VC time. Regards!enrique_marrodz

honestly the only reason i am hyping it is because smash bros 64 is my fav smash game and ness is absolutely beast in that game.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

[QUOTE="enrique_marrodz"]I know this a great deal for so many fans but I'm really unfamiliar with that game. What does it make it so special? Why so many fans were claiming for it since Wii's VC? How does it stakes today? I'm willing to try it out but some old games had been a disappointment on the past, during Wii's VC time. Regards!KBFloYd

honestly the only reason i am hyping it is because smash bros 64 is my fav smash game and ness is absolutely beast in that game.

Haha, almost same reason here. I only know Ness from SSBB, but I see he has so much legacy I was intrigued.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Okay now everybody that was whining about Earthbound coming back on Virtual Console, now is the time for you to part ways with $10. You talked alot of noise when it wasn't out but Nintendo has made their move and brought it overseas and now it's time for you to Put Up or Shut Up. You want more support, put your money where your mouth is.
idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 idill23
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts
looks great!
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Bought it. Never played Earthbound before, so I'm excited to finally experience it. Played for about an hour earlier and I liked it a lot. I can tell it's going to have tons of charm to it.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Just bought it. I played it alittle when it was released. I remember my friend bought it and it came with scratch and sniff stickers. I want my stickers now lol
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

great game, hope it sells well so that maybe we get a new game in  the franchise.

granted its the only one i ever beat, but id love to see more earthbound (mother) style rpgs on next gen consoles

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Never played this rpg before today. It is quite fun. Reminds me of paper mario on snes. I've only got as far as beating Frank and his robot.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#12 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Today is one epic special day. :D

For those who have not played the game, it's hard to describe what's so special about it, but a lot of it has to do with the game's feel, which mixes the grandeur of one adventure against an incredibly threatening evil, and the quirkiness and simplicity of its portrayal of American culture. It's quite a unique experience.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

is this everywhere or US eshop only?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
Is the game worth it? I know it costs a fortune to get an actual copy but $10 for a snes games is a bit expensive. I just picked up Dishonored for the same price and AC II for even less....
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

I'll get it, never played Earthbound in the past so getting it and playing it for the first time should be fun.

afterworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 afterworld
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

So how  many playing for the first time? I would like to see impressions and find out if the game still holds up after all these years.

Thaymez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Thaymez
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

I feel that I personally have grown out of the oldschool RPG era.  I still feel the nistolgia for them but, for example,  tried to play FF8... but could not stand the constant battles and never knowing where to go.  Back when I was 12 playing those games.... I had the time to run around for 2 weeks having no idea what to do.  Because they are selling Earthbound again, I have a feeling that I may need to buy it- but for what?  GodBless all those who enjoy those types of games,  I am happy for you.

Thaymez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Thaymez
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

The game does look hardcore though.  Never played it. :)

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

I'm having more fun playing this as it takes a lot of thinking to figure out where to go and what to do. You do have to interact with pretty much everyone to learn the secrets just like in a Zelda game. I finally got Paula out of jail last night after getting home late with dinner out with friends. I stayed up way too late but it become addicting at one point to keep powering up to get to that point. I was afraid if I stopped I'd forget the path to get back to Paula's town. She died along the way and I ended up bringing back her spirit. Very funny screen shots. This game has a lot of appealing qualities. Glad to have it now. I don't think I would have had the time to play it back it the mid 90s. This was totally worth 10 bucks.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Its a great game anybody that hasn't played it should definitely pick it up I certainly won't be re-buying for $10 though
Bramblefang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Bramblefang
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

This is a great game to try out for anyone who is not familiar with any of the Mother games. :)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KBFloYd

anyone else attracted to the asian host?