Earthbound DS remake

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -
could it possibly happen
#2 Posted by Fick1122 (2135 posts) -
Nope, not a chance...Mother 1 and 2 were already ported to the GBA in Japan and Nintendo totally ignores the huge EB fanbase to care about Mother 3...so sadly it won't happen.
#3 Posted by AnFangs_Endes (3785 posts) -
Misleading Thread Titles FTL :|
#4 Posted by Vegetaxxssj4 (1545 posts) -
Very sad indeed since the Mother/Earthbound series has a very loyal and rabid fanbase in the US.
#5 Posted by icarus212001 (2744 posts) -
I got worked yp over nothing. *sigh* Oh well, one can only pray. Please nintendo! listen to our pleas!!!!!
#6 Posted by Younggun135 (1853 posts) -
I dont think that will ever happen.
#7 Posted by chefstubbies (2583 posts) -
It'll never happen, but it certainly would be super sweet though if it did...
#8 Posted by KingSigy (634 posts) -
You never know. With Smash Bros coming out soon, people may once again have more interest in the Japan only Nintendo releases. We could end up seeing the entire Mother series brought to the US, or at least on Virtual Console.
#9 Posted by T_Largo (160 posts) -
Honestly, I would like to think that the introduction of Lucas in Smash Bros. Brawl might give us hope, but I'm quite frankly tired of getting my hopes up for it to come to the States. Heck, I'm just hoping that the US version of Earthbound comes to the Wii Virtual Console in the future!
#10 Posted by Hells_Hammer (972 posts) -

To be honest, as much as I truly love Earthbound, I would MUCH rather have Mother 3 localized. Earthbound is a great game, but I can play it on SNES. (Although a portable version with a gameboy player/super gameboy ability to play on TV would be outstanding.)

And Mother 3 seems to be a pretty good game, and I get lost and miss out on the story line the whole time...So I can immagine how good it would be in english.

If you want anything from the Mother series, just call Nintendo and ask. It's the only thing that could potentially make a difference.

#11 Posted by Setaielkrahn (25 posts) -

Nope, not a chance...Mother 1 and 2 were already ported to the GBA in Japan and Nintendo totally ignores the huge EB fanbase to care about Mother 3...so sadly it won't happen.Fick1122

Not exactly. While its true that Nintendo has no plans for a release of Mother 3 right now, the inclusion of Lucas in SSBB may likely do the same for Earthbound as putting Roy and Marth in SSBM did for Fire Emblem. Since then, three Fire Emblem games have been released with a fourth one scheduled to release for the Wii soon, so I'm not giving up hope yet.

#12 Posted by Johnny_Chriski (66 posts) -
I think the chance is slim, especially to the states.So some of the fans have to face the truth and gonna do it self, that make EB fans even more respectable.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
#13 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -
They are much more likely to be released on the Wii's VC before a DS remake. Also, your topic title is incredibly misleading. :cry:
#14 Posted by serj_tankian05 (267 posts) -
I hate when the headline looks like news and only turns out to be a question.....Either way, i never did play Earthbound.....
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
#15 Posted by TalesofRaGnArOk (3189 posts) -
Maybe Lucas in Brawl will spark up something...maybe
#16 Posted by Citan76 (1178 posts) -
Never
#17 Posted by Bio_Spark (4591 posts) -

PhazonBlazer, the question mark was invented for a reason! For future reference, please use it instead of shattering peoples' dreams.

As has been stated, Lucas is in Brawl and it could give Nintendo the much needed push if he's popular.

However, the ugly fact that everyone has to remember is this: He isn't in in there because WE wanted him in there, he's there because JAPANESE FANS wanted him in there. Nintendo could hardly care less what we think.

(But I'd name my first-born son Poo if I got a mother 1-3 compilation on the DS in english.)

Avatar image for Krillindesodisk
#18 Posted by Krillindesodisk (25 posts) -
:roll:i know im new here but heres my opinion ness is kool i've never played earthbound in my life but i like the series but ness should be in the brawl instead of lucas i thought ness was the main char. in earthbound?
#19 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
It should happen
#20 Posted by Jakendo (3841 posts) -
Anything is possible in the magical land known as the nintendo corporation.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
#21 Posted by WSGRandomPerson (13694 posts) -
Highly doubt it, but this title was misleading. Got my hopes up. It's just like remakes of N64 games for the DS, not going to happen....nintendo please, make atleast ONE good remake game.
#22 Posted by slamerboy123 (25 posts) -
awesome
#23 Posted by MarioMainic (10237 posts) -
It could happen or maybe be Earthbound/Mother 5 i hope its an interanataio, release .
#24 Posted by Shiekern (731 posts) -
I never played earthbound, but it looks cool. And Ness rocks.
#25 Posted by KenpachiSama (274 posts) -

PhazonBlazer, the question mark was invented for a reason! For future reference, please use it instead of shattering peoples' dreams.

As has been stated, Lucas is in Brawl and it could give Nintendo the much needed push if he's popular.

However, the ugly fact that everyone has to remember is this: He isn't in in there because WE wanted him in there, he's there because JAPANESE FANS wanted him in there. Nintendo could hardly care less what we think.

(But I'd name my first-born son Poo if I got a mother 1-3 compilation on the DS in english.)

Bio_Spark

Dude, I would name my son Poo just because Earthbound was a great game! The fact that I played it is enough to honor that cute, little Kung Fu master! And Mother 3 is a fantastic game, too. :D