So I wanted to get some more discussion going leading up to the Nintendo 2019 E3 show.
I've included recent Switch news in addition to E3 news. Since it's going on at the same time, I see no harm in discussing recent releases and other Switch game news as well as E3 content.
- 6/8/19 Nintendo Competitions, start at 11 AM. Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational - 11 AM. Splatoon 2 Championship - 11:30 AM. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 2 PM. (PT)
- 6/11/19 (Tuesday) Nintendo's E3 Direct presentation. 9 AM PT.
Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Pokémon Sword and Shield are confirmed as games that will be playable on the show floor.
- June 11th-13th is the Nintendo of America Treehouse event.
- Additionally, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 will have early demos at some Best Buy stores, on Wednesday, June 12, 3 PM – 8 PM, and Saturday, June 15, 12 PM – 5 PM.
*Note: I am filtering for news related to Switch releases, specifically. Most of these games aren't exclusives, but information suggests they will have a Switch release.
If you find some Switch game news let me know, I'll try to update this as I can through the next couple of days.
START DIRECT SPECIFIC NEWS
- Zelda BotW's sequel had a trailer shown. The next game will be a continuation, and shows Link and Zelda traveling together through a creepy cavern with an awakening ancient being. It's unclear if the dark power reanimating it has anything to do with Ganon.
- A second SSBU character is revealed: Banjo-Kazooie! Seeong them in action, I kind of am glad they're in the game now. They launch in the Fall.
- The Pokeball Plus can be used with Pokemon Sword and Shield, but not as a controller. Instead, you can take your favorite monsters on walks with you out of the game, ala Heartgold and Soulsilver, and this can cause good things to happen.
- Astral Chain looks awesome. Story video reveals that the monsters ravaging the city can be captured to become the players' partner Legions to help fight back against them. The hold the police force has over the Legions doesn't last, however, and comes at a cost. Comes out August 30, 2019.
- It's official: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition comes to Switch later this year.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons comes out March 20, 2020. The game focuses a lot on the outdoors and camping, as you move to a tropical island getaway. You can use a pole to jump over streams.
- Alien: Isolation is coming to Switch.
- Cadence of Hyrule launches June 13, 2019. (Thursday)
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy collects the three original PSX Spyro games, remastered. Launches September 3, 2019.
- Mario and Sonic go to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Coming November 2019.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 will have tons of iconic villains, such as Hela, Doc. Octopus, Magneto and MODOK. Elektra and Ghost Rider are shown as playable characters, and the game will launch with a season pass containing many additional characters from the Marvel Knights, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four.
- Contra Rogue-Ops, a brand new Contra game, features 3D graphics and a mixture of third-person, top-down and side-scrolling stages. Looks pretty awesome, and one of your characters is a panda.
- Contra Anniversary Collection is also coming to the Switch. Has 10 games and is available now!
- A remake of Panzer Dragoon is coming to Switch.
- Daemon X Machina releases September 13th.
- Travis Touchdown is back in No More Heroes 3, coming in 2020. The trailer shows him using a high-tech battle suit and his signature beam stick weapon.
- Resident Evil 5 and 6 are coming to Switch.
- More story was revealed from Fire Emblem 3 Houses' cutscenes. Apparently you started off as friends with all three royals, but are locked in a pretty bitter war with the other two now. It's suggested the kingdoms will have to work together to deal with a greater threat, though.
- Zelda: Link's Awakening remake comes out September 20, 2019. The Direct showed a new mode where you can create your own dungeons by combining together rooms from dungeons in the main game, and earn rewards for completing them. Link is shown obtaining a Fairy Bottle, which didn't exist in the original game.
- An HD remake of Trials of Mana comes out early 2020.
- Luigi's Mansion 3 has a mechanic where you can smash vacuumed items onto the floor or other enemies, and fire a plunger to yank away walls and enemy armor with. You can also create Gooigi, a slime doppelganger of Luigi controllable with the second joycon, who is immune to spikes and can walk through gates, but weak to water. It comes out sometime this year.
- A turn-based strategy rpg based off of The Dark Crystal Netflix series is being made. Will be called The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics.
- Dragon Quest XI S has a release date: September 27, 2019.
- The new SSBU character is the Hero character dfrom Dragon Quest! And in addition to the DQ11 protagonist, you can swap him for any series lead!
END DIRECT SPECIFIC NEWS
- Suda 51 is teasing news for the Switch...Could it be No More Heroes 3?
- Real MYST is coming to the Switch and will have a physical version also, releases later this year.
- Night in the Woods is ALSO getting a physical Switch release this year.
- Sonic the Hedgehog-esque Freedom Planet will also get a physical release.
- Turok 1 and 2 get a physical version later this year.
- Transistor gets a physical version on July 5, 2019.
- Space Invaders: Invincible Collection will include 6 versions of the game.
- Castlestorm 2 is coming to Switch at some point.
- Bethesda may be teasing game news for the Nintendo Direct.
- Tag-team fighter Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid has a physical version starting now.
- A beautifully-animated RPG, Cris Tales, comes out in 2020.
- Minecraft Dungeons launches in Spring 2020.
- Blaster Master Zero is getting a physical edition.
- 2D action-platformer Valfaris is coming to the Switch later this year.
- Roguelite RPG Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy comes out in 2020.
- Visual novel game One Night Stand will come to the Switch this Summer.
- FMV game Double Switch is coming to the Switch. The physical version has a reversible cover.
- THQ Nordic-published Battle Worlds: Kronos came out today. It's a hexagonal turn-based strategy game.
- A rather expensive version of Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition came out on July 11, 2019.
- Adventure Time characters are coming to Brawlhalla.
- Just Dance 2020 will be on the Switch.
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will be on the Switch. It covers all 9 main Star Wars films.
- My Friend Pedro launches June 20, 2019.
- The Messenger: Picnic Panic is free DLC coming out for The Messenger, featuring daytime island levels and surfing! Comes out July 11, 2019.
- Spiritfarer will come to the Switch. You build a ferry to the afterlife in this management sim.
- Indie game Lost Words: Beyond the Page will get a Switch release, either this December or later on.
- DOOM Eternal launches November 22, 2019. It will have a collector's edition with a DOOM Slayer helmet. The game features a multiplayer mode where one person controls the slayer and two other people control a demon, in a fight to the death.
- Mobile game The Elder Scrolls: Blades will get a Switch version later this year.
- Wolfenstein Youngblood is playable in co-op, featuring the Nazi-killing twin daughters of series protagonist BJ Blaskowicz. Releases July 26, 2019.
- Gods and Monsters launches on February 25, 2020. A Ubisoft game, you play as Phoenix, who is called on by the Gods to slay monsters in a mythical adventure.
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles will be remastered and comes out this Winter.
- Final Fantasy VIII will be getting remastered and added to the Switch, rounding out the PSX/PS2 era main series entries.
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 got a new trailer, and will have four-player co-op and feature NPC builders to rescue and the Children of Hargon to battle.
- Circuit Superstars, a top-down arcade racer influenced by modern racing games, comes to Switch next year.
- Though not that newsworthy, the latest trailer for Dragon Quest XI S reconfirms its release window for sometime this Fall.
- Square-Enix's Xbox 360 RPG The Last Remnant is available now on the Switch. It's a remaster. (I wasn't really that into this one when it originally came out, but some of you might like it.)
- Two older Romancing Saga games - Romancing Saga 3 and SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions, are coming to the Switch "soon".
- Oninaki gets a release date - August 22, 2019.
- The next DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be unveiled during Nintendo's Direct presentation on Tuesday.
- Rumors suggest there will either be a Contra collection or a brand new Contra title coming to the Switch.
- 198X, an 80's arcade games-inspired indie game, will hit the Switch later in the year. It features 5 different arcade games, from a classic racer, to a side-scrolling space-shooter, to a beat 'em up.
- Blasphemous, a brutal and bloody action-platformer, will get a Switch release later in the year.
- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is getting a remastered Switch port.
- Dream Daddy: The Dad Dating Simulator is coming to the Switch.
- Yooka-Laylee is getting a sidescrolling platformer spin-off, with some top-down areas to explore as well. It's called Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.
- Darksiders is getting a prequel on consoles, including the Switch. Darksiders Genesis.
- The Witcher 3 may be getting a Switch port. At the very least, people have been questioning whether Switch owners want a port, and whether it would be possible to port to the Switch.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom is getting a remake on consoles, including the Switch. Full title is SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated.
- Several DnD PC RPGs are getting console port treatment. Baldur's Gate 1 &amp;amp;amp; 2; Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale; and Neverwinter Nights are all coming to console in digital and physical packages, all enhanced editions with even a bit of extra content.
- As KBFloyd mentioned in another topic, Dead By Daylight will be getting a Switch port in September. So, that should be a fun asymmetrical game for horror movie fans. Will be adding the Ghost Face Killer from the Scream movies.
- And of course Pokémon Sword and Shield had its big Nintendo Direct the other day, and launches on November 15th. It'll feature an overworld between cities with a controllable camera and Pokémon that you walk into to initiate battles, as well as a giant battle mechanic and raid battles.
- There may be some sales on the eShop in the coming week also. Be on lookout!
How's everyone feeling about the Nintendo presentation this year? I think I already have a ton to look forward to, so any further surprises would just be extra at this point.
What are your expectations? Any crazy predictions or hopes for the showing?