E3 2015: GameSpot Talks To Reggie [Amiibo, Star Fox, etc]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

A lot of people will probably think that this was a poor interview, but I thought it was an interesting video. Reggie spits the truth.

Though, the questions weren't the toughest -- but still interesting to hear from Reggie.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

They use social media and comments to determine how their conference was received according to Reggie.

So at least they know they did terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@kenakuma: They are talking about social media from Miiverse i think, it was pretty well received.

This was awesome interview though. Justin did a great job. I agree with Reggie, bringing out the beginning will help grow the fan base and show others why Earthbound is so beloved.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Pretty good interview actually. Can't wait for the Zelda footage.
A little bit bummed that he didn't mention the Star Fox graphics though...

The game looks really subpar, with visuals that are even surpassed by some tablet games.
I want to believe that they're still working on improving the visuals over the next few months, since the gameplay looks fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Sgt_Crow: Why would they care about graphics? it doesnt affect the fun factor. Plus bout all Nintendo games graphics get a little better after they show them off.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@mesome713: Apparently a game looking that underwhelming bites off a huge chunk of fun factor for me. It's easily the most bland looking first party title on the Wii U, which results in disappointment. Imagine more effects to emphasize movement and explosions, and having more physics like crashing down enemies and objects, to make things more interesting. The game just feels very dated because of its visuals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Sgt_Crow said:

@mesome713: Apparently a game looking that underwhelming bites off a huge chunk of fun factor for me. It's easily the most bland looking first party title on the Wii U, which results in disappointment. Imagine more effects to emphasize movement and explosions, and having more physics like crashing down enemies and objects, to make things more interesting. The game just feels very dated because of its visuals.

I guess different strokes for different folks, i love how true it is to the original.

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:

No one cares about that stuff when they actually play it.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Nice interview. I liked the question about an amiibo focused game. It's nice to know Nintendo's position.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

The Muppet versions of Iwata, Reggie and Miyamoto was such a great addition to their show.