Dusting off oldies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xylophagous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 xylophagous
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

Ok, so it's the weekend and hopefully that means most people can kick back and get in some quality gaming time. I'd like to suggest that everyone have a look through their collections and blow the dust off of games you haven't played in a long time. It might be an old favourite that hasn't been in the slot for a couple of years or a game that you never really managed to get into in the first place. Pick what you want and then give them a go again, then post back here and let everyone know how you got on. Who knows, you might find yourself pleasantly surprised.

Myself, I'm going to pop Yoshi's Island back in and see if I can finally get somewhere with it. Really one of my favourites, but gets quite tough. I'm thinking I'd also like to re-evaluate Kirby Canvas Curse, another great game that hasn't seen any play time lately due to being overshadowed by newer and shinier games.

Alright, get dusting!

Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts

Well, I went through my messy collection of games. I'm missing a lot of manuals and stuff. I found Boing! Docomodake. It's a puzzle game, although, I never got quite into it, and left it alone. I found out why I bought this game. I love it.:P

xylophagous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xylophagous

Well, I went through my messy collection of games. I'm missing a lot of manuals and stuff. I found Boing! Docomodake. It's a puzzle game, although, I never got quite into it, and left it alone. I found out why I bought this game. I love it.:P

Spade_Crisis

Nice, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I've never heard of that game but I'm gonna check t.

korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts

I've been curious about Boing! from the time it released. I hope I can try it soon.

As for old games, I don't have many. I got my DS a while ago, but I trade my games around to get new ones. I guess I can try my largely-unplayed Final Fantasy 3. Great thread, by the way.

Maledizione

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maledizione
Member since 2008 • 896 Posts

Ah Super Mario 64 DS, I had so much fun with you. Still can't get that last star though. Now I know why I stopped :evil:

Hm, we also haveHarvest Moon, wish I had spent my money on something else. Tetris DS, I'm going to try to not get addicted to that again...

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Im working through YI2 Myself, and Contact. Great games as far as oldies go.

Im working on Black Sigil and Shining Force Feather currently.

Dion2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dion2k7
Member since 2007 • 1353 Posts
Maybe play some animal crossing since i erased the town data when my wifi cut out, so may set up a new town. Oh and i will finish Final Fantasy 3.
clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts

Hey what an awesome thread idea :D I got my 8 year old cousin over to stay and she loves her DS so I will spend some time with some old games. Thanks for the prompt :P

Taylor_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Taylor_B
Member since 2009 • 905 Posts
I've recently dusted off New Super Mario Bros. It was my first game ever. I'm starting over on a new save file, but this time I get to play it on my Mario Red ds. I don't know why that makes it better, but it does :P
destroyerHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 destroyerHHH
Member since 2004 • 772 Posts

Oh My God, I found Disgaea DOOD! Prinnies are awesome.

Maledizione

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maledizione
Member since 2008 • 896 Posts

I just found Super Princess Peach in my couch. That game is soooo easy.

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

Ah Super Mario 64 DS, I had so much fun with you. Still can't get that last star though. Now I know why I stopped :evil:

Hm, we also haveHarvest Moon, wish I had spent my money on something else. Tetris DS, I'm going to try to not get addicted to that again...

Maledizione
Ahaha it took me a long time to get all the stars in that game. Anyway, I think I might start playing Chrono Trigger and Dragonball Origins again. Good idea for a thread :)
Avatar image for shadowy_shadow5
shadowy_shadow5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shadowy_shadow5
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I first started nintendogs and super mario 64 ds , and now i think i should start playing them again :D
xylophagous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xylophagous

Well, I had a great time at the weekend with Yoshi's Island and Kirby Canvas Curse. From checking my save file I saw it was almost a year since I'd last played! I remembered why it was such a good game and I also remembered why I laid it down in the first place - I simply just can't complete level 7. A similar story for YI - but what a great game and having the opportunity to play it again has rekindled my love for it. It's definitely going to be seeing some more action this week. Next weekend I'm going to have another look through my collection and dust off another old game. Awesome fun!

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="Maledizione"]

I have 149 stars in that game...
in2DarKneSs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 in2DarKneSs
Member since 2006 • 233 Posts

It isn't a DS oldie but while I was looking for a DS oldie I found Megaman Legends 2. Haven't played that in 4 years, that game is amazing.

Earth_Adept92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Earth_Adept92
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I started replaying Golden Sun yesterday, awesome game! I'm really looking forward to Golden Sun DS