DSi wont bloody connect to my network.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for jigglebilly1983
jigglebilly1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jigglebilly1983
Member since 2006 • 2696 Posts

Using WPA-PSK, which is supported by teh DSi. Detects my network, asks for password. enter the password, make sure everything is okay. fails connection test every time. WTF?

-_Cloud_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 -_Cloud_-
Member since 2005 • 1851 Posts

Using WPA-PSK, which is supported by teh DSi. Detects my network, asks for password. enter the password, make sure everything is okay. fails connection test every time. WTF?

jigglebilly1983
I supposedly heard that the DSi only supports WPA personal on the DS ware... But when you're trying to use the web browser and play games online, it won't work... I know, sucks to be true. Only way to get it to work is by using a wireless internet without a password/encryption.
Me2nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Me2nice
Member since 2008 • 459 Posts
[QUOTE="jigglebilly1983"]

-_Cloud_-
I supposedly heard that the DSi only supports WPA personal on the DS ware... But when you're trying to use the web browser and play games online, it won't work... I know, sucks to be true. Only way to get it to work is by using a wireless internet without a password/encryption.

Or switch to WEP security, which I'm assuming should work because the DS orignal/Lite could make use of them.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

The DS does not support WPA encryption. Only WEP. You can get the facts at Nintendo's website under support.

cinemax237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 cinemax237
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts

I have mine set to wpa2 personal and it works with the internet browser and everything. So yes it works with wpa...You guys are just wrong.

Maledizione

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Maledizione
Member since 2008 • 896 Posts

Did try taking down your firewall?

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

Please keep all DSi topics in the DSI Discussion sticky. Thanks.