DS player for Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EcksBocks360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 EcksBocks360
Member since 2005 • 793 Posts

You guys remember the gameboy player on the gamecube right?

Well, would if Nintendo made a DS player or something of the sort for the Wii? it could work, and the controlls would work perfectly.

The analog stick could be the d pad, the L and R buttons could be mapped to the Z and B buttons, and the A,B,X,Y buttons can be mapped to the D pad on the wii.

It almost seems that the Wii was specifically designed for this kinda thing from the very beginning...

Although I would be fine playing with the DS' original graphics on my tv, they could add something to the player, like something that smoothes out the textures. THis could really work, and make games like Mario 64DS look rather amazing. That, and the ability to play it in 480p, although I don't think widescreen would be supported.

I think that there would be a slim chance of them doing this, considering how well the DS is selling. Maybe they'll do it later in the DS' life when its starting to go the way of the GBA.

What do you think?

Avatar image for alexisonfire828
alexisonfire828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 alexisonfire828
Member since 2005 • 1304 Posts

You guys remember the gameboy player on the gamecube right?

Well, would if Nintendo made a DS player or something of the sort for the Wii? it could work, and the controlls would work perfectly.

The analog stick could be the d pad, the L and R buttons could be mapped to the Z and B buttons, and the A,B,X,Y buttons can be mapped to the D pad on the wii.

It almost seems that the Wii was specifically designed for this kinda thing from the very beginning...

Although I would be fine playing with the DS' original graphics on my tv, they could add something to the player, like something that smoothes out the textures. THis could really work, and make games like Mario 64DS look rather amazing. That, and the ability to play it in 480p, although I don't think widescreen would be supported.

I think that there would be a slim chance of them doing this, considering how well the DS is selling. Maybe they'll do it later in the DS' life when its starting to go the way of the GBA.

What do you think?

EcksBocks360

I've been playing my Nintendo portable games on my TV since the days of Super Gameboy.. and I would love if Nintendo did a DS Player for the Wii I'd buy. I dunno about the button mapping to the Remote and nunchuck, I'm sure there's a way to make it work. But I'd say it should require the classic controller or maybe come with it.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

There are several problems:

The DS has two displays. This would make it difficult to replicate on your TV.

Plus, I presume "tapping" would be accomplished through the A button, but that means taking your thumb off the "buttons". (there'd be no option to take your thumb off the "d-pad" instead)

Finally, what about lefties?

Avatar image for alexisonfire828
alexisonfire828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 alexisonfire828
Member since 2005 • 1304 Posts

Problem: The DS has two displays. This would make it difficult to replicate on your TV.ThePlothole

Then that whole touch screen problem lol although there are ways around it. Losing the touch screen would suck, and completely ruins the point of owning a DS game IMHO