DS or DS lite? wot is the diff? DS lites are not as good!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bavarde_bex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bavarde_bex
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
everyone says that DS lites are better but they are exactly the same almost.... they have no better graphics or anything! THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME.... WHY COULDNT THEY JUST KEEP THE NORMAL DS? reply back.... i am interested to see many peoples different views.... I THINK ITS R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S......RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Peach_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Peach_101
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts
They are,in fact, basically, THE SAME!!!! WHY DID THEY INVENT DS LITES ANYWAY?????????????
roywood1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 roywood1
Member since 2006 • 996 Posts

I honestly could care less about which is better, but does anyone other than me notice that the colours in games are different on ds lites than from ds phats?

0Wii0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 0Wii0
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The only difference is that the DS Lite has a brighter screen.

ninjaz_XD_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ninjaz_XD_92
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
umm well my brother has a ds phat and i have a lite, mine is way briter and has a beautiful black glossyness with it, looks better outside and in games
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127523 Posts
ofcourse there is no change in graphics. what would you say if it came games that was only playable on the Lite version. The difference is the size, battery time and brightness of the screens. And I prefer the Lite because of those differences I mentioned
kidfrmvotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kidfrmvotek
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
I guess that the lite dos'nt bulge out of  pants pockets as much.  Also it looks sorta like a pda. (which i tell my teachers what it is when im playin tetris over thier wireless system:D)
Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
everyone says that DS lites are better but they are exactly the same almost.... they have no better graphics or anything! THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME.... WHY COULDNT THEY JUST KEEP THE NORMAL DS? reply back.... i am interested to see many peoples different views.... I THINK ITS R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S......RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bavarde_bex
if u compare you can see the ds lite is  way brighter. also, the ds is very heavy and hard to hold. especialy for mario kart and MPH. i owned both 
bavarde_bex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bavarde_bex
i dont care if they hav briter sreens coz DSs hav brite ones anyway... u dont want them 2 brite!!!.....anyway...thnx 4 ya views!
bavarde_bex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bavarde_bex
i wouldnt say its HARD to hold but i spose it is a BIT better but i still think there was no point in makin it!!!
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts

You guys are being really dumb about this to be honest. Nintendo put another kind of DS out there ONLY for those who didn't have one yet or wanted one that was smaller and less akward to use. they are not exactly the same and here is why.

1-DS lite is much smaller and easier to use because the buttons are better the stylus it bigger and the handheld itself is lighter and smaller.

2-the ds lite has a longer lasting battery that charges much faster than the ds phat

3-the ds lite has a brighter screen that enhances the colours in the ds and gba games.

4-for those who dont have one already it looks much sleeker and stylish, so that people wont be shamed to play it in public.

5-the mic is in a better spot as well

all things aside no one is forcing people to get rid of their ds phats and buy this one it is just an alternative. and a pretty decent one at that.

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Incredibly brighter. The fourth setting if you turn it on in incredibly dark room it's like looking at the sun.
bavarde_bex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bavarde_bex

yh... i am the creator of this thing and it has caused a kerfuffle! i have a normal DS so why would i want 2 get a DS lite...and yes i DO agree with all of the views but there isnt THAT much difference!!!!!:D lets be gd about this now....:D

the person who wrote the list.... boy or girl.... i dont really care!!! and we are not bein silly about it we are showing our differnt views abd I think that a ds phat is better but u dont have 2 think the same!!!!!

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
yup the same, it just cosmetic and ergonomic streamlining differences.
mitchconlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 mitchconlin
Member since 2005 • 1218 Posts

yh... i am the creator of this thing and it has caused a kerfuffle! i have a normal DS so why would i want 2 get a DS lite...and yes i DO agree with all of the views but there isnt THAT much difference!!!!!:D lets be gd about this now....:D

the person who wrote the list.... boy or girl.... i dont really care!!! and we are not bein silly about it we are showing our differnt views abd I think that a ds phat is better but u dont have 2 think the same!!!!!

bavarde_bex

you just think its better because you dont have a lite..... the only thing the original has on the lite is the buttons feel less cheap.

bavarde_bex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bavarde_bex
its not my fault i got 1 earlier... they were all the rage then.... when most people got them.... when most people wanted them.....when u were cool if u had 1 and u were not if u didnt.....lol! spose u jst didnt hav the advantage at the start
Squidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Squidney
Member since 2004 • 2377 Posts
i love my dslite, the lighting really captures all the graphics and its sexayerr..i've had a ds and 2 dslites. if you dont like it dont buy it,
Screamteam411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Screamteam411
Member since 2003 • 1087 Posts
The DS Lite is slimmer and sexier, with a nicer stylus. The DS phat is built like a tank (both big and unbreakable) and has the advantage of actually allowing GBA games to go all the way into the system. I prefer DS Phat, but some people like the lite.
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts
Me to.I like more the original DS.I have the original DS and i will not sell that for the DS LITE. Why Nintendo don't make a version of the original DS with all the extra from the DS LITE...?.I hope Nintedo do that someday.I hope for that.:-) If they do that, then i will buy that.:-)
brujagio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 brujagio
Member since 2004 • 1372 Posts
DS Lites feel better, look nicer, has brighter screens, has a longer lasting battery, and yet the original one is still better. Right.
smb333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 smb333
Member since 2007 • 3368 Posts
a ds lite does have its advantages but they are pretty much the same
bavarde_bex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bavarde_bex
thankyou! i WAY prefer the DS original....there's no point in a ds lite but the other comments r a bit OTT....talkin bout it bein more sexi!!!!!
Golbeza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Golbeza
Member since 2004 • 124 Posts

I prefer the original DS myself. In some of the games, for example, Dawn of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin, the colors are almost too bright on the DS Lite. Those games are meant to be darkish, which is why they look better on the original DS, but maybe that's just me. ;P

Though, better lasting batteries and less weight can always come in handy. But that's not enough to make me want to buy a Lite. ^^ 

DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts

The DS Lite is better

/thread

bobstrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 bobstrife
Member since 2005 • 2657 Posts
[QUOTE="bavarde_bex"]everyone says that DS lites are better but they are exactly the same almost.... they have no better graphics or anything! THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME.... WHY COULDNT THEY JUST KEEP THE NORMAL DS? reply back.... i am interested to see many peoples different views.... I THINK ITS R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S......RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jensen_slipknot
if u compare you can see the ds lite is  way brighter. also, the ds is very heavy and hard to hold. especialy for mario kart and MPH. i owned both 

Actually no, if you cant hold the phat. It just means your a wimp. Im perfectly fine with the phat
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

Sounds like someone is jealous that they are stuck wit ha ds phat while we all bath in the ds lite's beauty :)

Let's just say i wouldn't be caught dead playing the ds phat outside of my own home. 

toxicsludge56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 toxicsludge56
Member since 2007 • 265 Posts

i think this whole conversation is a waste of time . i own an original ds and i myself agree with sum ppl that lites are better in ways  were stated by many peeps above so just stop this rubbish, bavarde bex!!!!

ts56

jammydodger14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jammydodger14
Member since 2006 • 597 Posts

I had a DS but sold if for a DSL.  I am really glad i did!

1. Smaller, sleaker, looks better

2. Bigger stylus and more durable touch screen

3. better/less "clicky" buttons. Though the D-pad can be a little dodgey sometimes.

4 . brighter screen. Does not improve the graphics but makes the games look better. I have it on the lowest light setting to save battery life and IMO it still looks wayyyyy better than the normal DS

darklink3053

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darklink3053
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts
advantages of the regular DS is that the volume is higher, comes with a wrist strap and you can use GBA chargers.  DS lite is great with the thicker pen, light and bright screen but i like the regular DS better.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I hated my DS because of the mangled mess of odd weighted parts. Gave me major hand cramps. Also it wasn't quite bright enough for what I thought it should be.

I love my DS lite because it's perfectly weighted and has never given me a handcramp. Also the light is plenty bright.

So yeah, we all have our opinions. In my opinion if the light hadn't come out I'd be playing consoles or a PSP right now. 

-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts

The only difference is that the DS Lite has a brighter screen.

0Wii0

You forgot to mention its about 10 times more appealing to the eye than the original DS.  

mrmania17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrmania17
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
*cough*PSP pwns!
Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts
One issue that no one seems to have mentioned is the issue of ghosting on the DS Fat and it's viewing angle. The DS Lite has a screen that is not only brighter but also refreshes faster as to reduce ghosted images and has a much better viewing angle. I own a DS Fat and I am willing to cough up the extra $50 to trade up and get a Lite.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
I think you are just upset that you cannot get a DSL and are trying to reassure yourself that the original DS is better or the same.  Just be happy with what you got.  When it comes down to the games, it is the same handheld and nothing to be ashamed of8).
indurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 indurian
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

its not my fault i got 1 earlier... they were all the rage then.... when most people got them.... when most people wanted them.....when u were cool if u had 1 and u were not if u didnt.....lol! spose u jst didnt hav the advantage at the startbavarde_bex

Sales of the DS rose worldwide when the DS Lite was released. So technically, "most people" got them after.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_ds#Sales_timeline 

Me to.I like more the original DS.I have the original DS and i will not sell that for the DS LITE.
Why Nintendo don't make a version of the original DS with all the extra from the DS LITE...?.I hope Nintedo do that someday.I hope for that.:-)
If they do that, then i will buy that.:-Panosola

They will never make a DS phat with the same features because why would you want to make a portable gaming system larger? Also, they changed the overall look because they wanted to make it sleeker so it matched their upcoming console, the Wii. Sorry to crush your hopes.

DS Fat is trash. If you prefer having a large, oddly shaped mess with you all the time, get one.

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#37 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
You have got to be kidding! I own a DS and a DS Lite and after playing on a DS Lite you will never want to go back. The screen is so much better. If you compare the two you will see how horrible the original DS screen was! The DS screens look so bland and uncolorful; it is disheartening. Not only does the DS Lite have a better screen it has a bigger stylus also. This is a very welcomed upgrade from the pitiful DS stylus. The battery last a lot longer. And the mic is in the middle of the screens which makes a heck of a lot more sense. And last but not least it is thrown into a smaller, lighter, and better looking package. If it wasn't for the DS Lite there wouldn't be as many DS's sold as there is. The fact is, aesthetics mean a lot to non-gamers and since Nintendo is going for non-gamers with the DS(as well as gamers) the DS Lite is a necessity for the success of the DS line.
quack_er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 quack_er
Member since 2005 • 1570 Posts
DS Lites are not as good? If you're going to make some wild assertion, at least say they're the same as the old DS. I for one don't care cause I didn't own a DS "Phat" and bought a DS Lite when they came out. People who "upgraded" to a DS Lite are silly though. Like why would I buy a slim PS2 when my near launch PS2 is still running fine? (Though slim silver and it's cheap price makes me want to get one lol)
meowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 meowww
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts
no difference its the same catridge , jsut more smaller
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

well for one it's got a better screen light, which makes the graphics look brighter and more vibrant (in essence... better)

the system looks better, since it isn't a silver block of ugliness

it's lighter and smaller, which is needed from a portable

so basically, everything... cept sound, sound isn't better...

bavarde_bex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bavarde_bex

:roll:i dont really care, but i would be just as proud going out in public with a DS phat than  DS lite! if i had the chance, then yes, i would trade my DS for a DS lite but as long as i can play games, i dont really care....and yes, i spose you are rite saying that im stuck with my DS phat, but if i desperately wanted a DS lite, then i would get one....:roll: