This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Burning_October
Burning_October

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Burning_October
Member since 2006 • 108 Posts
Okay, I just realized that the screen on my original DS is so scratched that I can hear the stylus move over it, so I was thinking about getting a DS Lite. What is your opinion on this? Would you switch over? Or should I just wait for the next DS?
Radiohead85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Radiohead85
Member since 2003 • 3068 Posts

there won't be a DS update for at least another year, if there is one at all.

Just get one.

I don't understand why there are always 1,000 threads of people who think that a newly designed DS is going to come out later in the week.

Proke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Proke
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts

I agree... Too many rumors, which are pointless. If you're afraid the scratch is only going to get worse, or if you can't ignore it, then yes buy a DS lite. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the improvements from the phat.

there won't be a DS update for at least another year, if there is one at all.

Just get one.

I don't understand why there are always 1,000 threads of people who think that a newly designed DS is going to come out later in the week.

Radiohead85
Philx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Philx3
Member since 2008 • 1426 Posts
Yeah get a DS Lite they r a lot more comfortable 2 hold and they r a lot lighter. Plus there are better colours i have the black one.
floppydiscs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 floppydiscs
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

Yea I would say get one too as stated above Nintendo wont be announcing a new ds for a while.

If they were it would have been announced at the E3 convention. I just bought a black one a few days ago.

I like it a lot better than my old blue Phat.

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
i would just keep the original if it's still functional, like if you can still see the game and control it, otherwise i'd upgrade to a DS Lite and not hope for a DS Lite 2 to come out because that will take forever to happen.
usB-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 usB-
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I was also interessed in Lite. But I like my Phatty mucho ! :D It's nothing wrong either with it, I just wanted to upgrade because Lite have better sound and better light.

Now I've decided to keep my Phat untill it break. 8')

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

I was also interessed in Lite. But I like my Phatty mucho ! :D It's nothing wrong either with it, I just wanted to upgrade because Lite have better sound and better light.

Now I've decided to keep my Phat untill it break. 8')

usB-
I heard the phat has better speakers. And, doesn't the ds lite have lesser holes where the speakers are?
Vickyteusz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Vickyteusz
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts
DS Lites are more fragile. I'd just stick with my big baby :P My original pink DS. Bulky, touch screen not working, dirty but I love it.