Dragon Ball : World Big adventure Wii exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

Namco bandai is publishing a new Dragon Ball game, this one,inspired in the original series of young Goku(not as revisited as the Z version) and is a wii exclusive(with 360/ps3 getting a multiplat fighter).An adventure game, with 2.5d for the adventure mode and full 3d for the fighting events. Its looking really nice(more detailed than TK3) and with namco bandai's tradition,its likely having a US release.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=83286

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Who's the developer?
jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I always prefered early Dragonball over the later stuff.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 intro94
apparently is being developed by namco bandai themselves.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Awesome

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

when is released date?

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 intro94
the japanese site just opened, it aims for a 2009 release there, no US website just yet.At latest, late 2009 or early 2010.
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts
cool I hope it goes well
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I hope Chichi is playable. If Not, I probably won't buy it.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

Chichi was the most annoying woman in the World!!! I can't udnerstand why Goku would've married such a witch! I would've definitely went for Bulma. She could've supported him, and was much better looking! Besides...who doesn't love aqua colored hair? lol

nice though

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200

Chichi was the most annoying woman in the World!!! I can't udnerstand why Goku would've married such a witch! I would've definitely went for Bulma. She could've supported him, and was much better looking! Besides...who doesn't love aqua colored hair? lol

nice though

danger_ranger95

HAA!!! He married Chichi because Chichi could kick Bulma's tail. and at the time, his too.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

I heard about this game as well, and It sounds great but i hope atari doesn't mess it up when they bring it over since they own the rights to the series. They always tend to make unnecessarychanges to the games, like for instance they always remove the original music.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 firefox59
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

nice though

Because Goku was dense. He thought marriage was a food lol
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
namco SHOULD be working on my katamari game for wii... i guess DB will do...
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

nice though

nini200

HAA!!! He married Chichi because Chichi could kick Bulma's tail. and at the time, his too.

yeah, very true. I would've just KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAa'd her ass then lol. I hope Master Roshi is in the game....if anything...he's one of the greatest male characters in the history of anime imo. Who doesn't love dirty old men?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#16 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts

Oh awesome! A new Dragon Ball. Wait? Namco Bandai publishing it? Noooooo!

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 intro94

I heard about this game as well, and It sounds great but i hope atari doesn't mess it up when they bring it over since they own the rights to the series. They always tend to make unnecessarychanges to the games, like for instance they always remove the original music.

Gohansephiroth
i hate when they put the cheap rock tracks. 1st battle vs ten shin han soundtrack ftw.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

I always wanted a DBZ game made by Bethesda in an Oblivion, Fallout 3 style of game. It pretty much is the best way to truly encapsulate all the elements of Dragon Ball into one game.

Its a game one dreams about mainly because it will never happen and even if it does all the liscensing would get int he way of making it as epic as it could be.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I'm curious to see how this works, I have always said that Dragonball would work well as an adventure game that transitioned into a Tenkaichi style for the fights. This one may come out early this year or pretty late next year, it all depends on whether Atari can get it out before their license expires in January and we have to wait for a contract to be worked out with them or another Publisher.
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
Cool. I'll keep a look out for this and see how it turns out. Thanks 4 the info.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nintendoboy16
I'm curious to see how this works, I have always said that Dragonball would work well as an adventure game that transitioned into a Tenkaichi style for the fights. This one may come out early this year or pretty late next year, it all depends on whether Atari can get it out before their license expires in January and we have to wait for a contract to be worked out with them or another Publisher. Sepewrath
Atari dosen't have the license anymore. Namco Bandai does (and it makes me angry).
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nelfer320
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I'm curious to see how this works, I have always said that Dragonball would work well as an adventure game that transitioned into a Tenkaichi style for the fights. This one may come out early this year or pretty late next year, it all depends on whether Atari can get it out before their license expires in January and we have to wait for a contract to be worked out with them or another Publisher. nintendoboy16
Atari dosen't have the license anymore. Namco Bandai does (and it makes me angry).

Why? Namco Bandai has a fine record with anime games don't they?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I'm curious to see how this works, I have always said that Dragonball would work well as an adventure game that transitioned into a Tenkaichi style for the fights. This one may come out early this year or pretty late next year, it all depends on whether Atari can get it out before their license expires in January and we have to wait for a contract to be worked out with them or another Publisher. nelfer320

They used to, but not anymore after One Piece Wii released here in the US.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I'm curious to see how this works, I have always said that Dragonball would work well as an adventure game that transitioned into a Tenkaichi style for the fights. This one may come out early this year or pretty late next year, it all depends on whether Atari can get it out before their license expires in January and we have to wait for a contract to be worked out with them or another Publisher. nintendoboy16

Atari has a contract with Funimation until January 2010, Namco has the distribution rights overseas. if they wanted to publish it in the US, they would have to work out a deal with Funimation after Atari's contract expires next year. Which would likely cause a substantial delay in North America if that happens.
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nelfer320

[QUOTE="nelfer320"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Atari dosen't have the license anymore. Namco Bandai does (and it makes me angry).nintendoboy16

They used to, but not anymore after One Piece Wii released here in the US.

Wow. ONE game! Wait ur talking Wii wise right? Then I guess ur right. But this looks decent. I love One Piece but I didn't like the game cause of the constant backtracking u had to do. Frustrating.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I'm curious to see how this works, I have always said that Dragonball would work well as an adventure game that transitioned into a Tenkaichi style for the fights. This one may come out early this year or pretty late next year, it all depends on whether Atari can get it out before their license expires in January and we have to wait for a contract to be worked out with them or another Publisher. Sepewrath

Atari has a contract with Funimation until January 2010, Namco has the distribution rights overseas. if they wanted to publish it in the US, they would have to work out a deal with Funimation after Atari's contract expires next year. Which would likely cause a substantial delay in North America if that happens.

If that's the case, then why did Namco Bandai publish that bad game based off that awful Dragon Ball Evolution for the PSP?
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nelfer320
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Atari dosen't have the license anymore. Namco Bandai does (and it makes me angry).nintendoboy16

If that's the case, then why did Namco Bandai publish that bad game based off that awful Dragon Ball Evolution for the PSP?

LMAO! Maybe they would publish anything just for money! XD!
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Atari dosen't have the license anymore. Namco Bandai does (and it makes me angry).nintendoboy16

Because that Dragonball Evolution nonsense is the property of FOX, while the Dragonball(Z)(GT) manga and anime is property of Funimation, two different beast. See that PSP game didn't use anything from Dragonball besides the names, they used the likeness of the movie characters which belong to FOX, hell not even the moves are from Dragonball. So Atari had no stake to that game unless they chose to be the publishers.
Avatar image for PlayStation_003
PlayStation_003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PlayStation_003
Member since 2009 • 52 Posts
[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

nice though

So he wanted to eat Chichi? :lol:
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 firefox59
[QUOTE="PlayStation_003"][QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

nice though

She asked him if he wanted to marry her or something and he was like sure I'm hungry. Lol i don't remember exactly, its been awhile. Something like that.
MadSavage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MadSavage22
Member since 2009 • 587 Posts
[QUOTE="PlayStation_003"][QUOTE="firefox59"] Because Goku was dense. He thought marriage was a food lolfirefox59

She asked him if he wanted to marry her or something and he was like sure I'm hungry. Lol i don't remember exactly, its been awhile. Something like that.

If i remember right he agreed to marry her cause they said there would be food if he did so he said yeah anything for some food. Im pretty sure thats how it went down. As for this game on the other hand....I mean how is it supposed to play out? Is it going to be like Dragon Ball online?? Is Akira Toriyama involved in any way? I dont get it...its just "hey look a dragonball game for wii...yay!!"??? more info plz.
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Has there been any Dragonball game that didn't come out in EU/US in the last years ?

I think we can count on that. Also, Namco brings out the two new One Piece games in Europe, so. ..

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]

nice though

danger_ranger95

yeah, very true. I would've just KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAa'd her ass then lol. I hope Master Roshi is in the game....if anything...he's one of the greatest male characters in the history of anime imo. Who doesn't love dirty old men?

I think he already did that. Where do you think Gohan and Goten came from? :lol: