donkey kong country coming wiiU/3DS virtual console (EU)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the country games were removed from the wii VC a long time ago for reasons unspecified.

they are back.....europe gets them first.

------------------------------

For Wii U:

Donkey Kong Country will release on October 16th, 2014.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest will release on October 23rd, 2014.

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble will release on October 30th, 2014.

Buying any of these titles will make purchasers eligible for a 33% discount onDonkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze between October 16th and November 6th, 2014.

For 3DS:

Donkey Kong Land will release on October 16th, 2014.

Donkey Kong Land 2 will release on October 23rd, 2014.

Donkey Kong Land III will release on October 30th, 2014.

Buying any of these titles will make purchasers eligible for a 33% discount onDonkey Kong Country Returns 3D between October 16th and November 6th, 2014.

http://playeressence.com/nintendo-of-europe-announces-donkey-kong-country-weeks/

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

omg yes! Pretty sure I'm gonna get every single one of those titles. Especially stoked for DKC.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#3 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

The greatest sidescroller of all (aka Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest) will be available for a new generation to play it.

I love the news.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I wish it was the Country games on both. I'd love to have the Country trilogy on 3DS, the Land games look and sound awful (especially when compared to a lot of other GB games).

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Removing features to add them later seems to have worked in duping people into getting excited lol... The entire VC library should have been available within the first six months of launch.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KBFloYd

@ttualumni13 said:

Removing features to add them later seems to have worked in duping people into getting excited lol... The entire VC library should have been available within the first six months of launch.

agreed...they are reselling us the same games.

however if you created a nintendo id....all your software is tied to it. i am sure next gen all your purchases will still be valid.

this is the last time we will be milked imo..

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

Awesome! Will definitely be getting all three DKC games.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

@Pierst179 said:

The greatest sidescroller of all (aka Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest) will be available for a new generation to play it.

I love the news.

I used to think that as well... Then Retro Studios came along and completely shamed every one of Rare's Sonkey Kong games. The old country games are still fun but moreso from a nostalgia angle. They don;t hold up the best especially when put besides Retro's master classes in platformer design

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KBFloYd
@Pikminmaniac said:

@Pierst179 said:

I love the news.

I used to think that as well... Then Retro Studios came along and completely shamed every one of Rare's Sonkey Kong games. The old country games are still fun but moreso from a nostalgia angle. They don;t hold up the best especially when put besides Retro's master classes in platformer design

id love an hd remaster with gamepad controls of donkey kong returns :P

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#10 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
@Pikminmaniac said:

Tropical Freeze does get pretty close to DKC2 as far as I am concerned.

The reason I give DKC2 the edge might sound totally silly, but it is because I am completely baffled about how the bonus mini-games are ridiculously repetitive on the Returns series when they were so brilliant and varied on the original trilogy.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4569 Posts

Awesome news. I'll be getting the 3 Country games. So good.

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SloganYams
Member since 2010 • 981 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Pierst179 said:

I love the news.

I have to disagree. Tropical Freeze is the second best in the series, and Returns may just be the third, but (as Pierst pointed out) the lack of variety in bonus stages takes out some of the creative oomph of the originals. Also, the lack of other animal buddies, while not exactly a flaw, is another factor that is definitely felt in the "lack of variety" department. And I do have to say, DKC2 probably has the perfect difficulty in a game, in that it gets very difficult, but never once feels unfair. Tropical Freeze is almost (and I really mean almost) in the same boat there, but I faced a few instances where it felt like a trial-and-error affair. Like I needed to lose first in order to know what was coming, instead of given the opportunity to work it out on the first go.

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SloganYams
Member since 2010 • 981 Posts

@KBFloYd:

@KBFloYd said:

@ttualumni13 said:

agreed...they are reselling us the same games.

however if you created a nintendo id....all your software is tied to it. i am sure next gen all your purchases will still be valid.

this is the last time we will be milked imo..

People need to remember that we (as in, the gamers who downloaded these games before) aren't the only people out there. Believe it or not, there are some people out there who have never played these (or other) classic games. Every time Nintendo rereleases these games, it will be the first time a lot of people have played them. Also, Nintendo is a business and does need to make money, they can't just make these games free because "we've" played them before. I agree that the Virtual Console should have just carried over (even if not entirely than mostly), but for Nintendo to just give the games away would be a stupid business move. Plus, those of us who have downloaded them before get a very generous discount. The Virtual Console, while not without its flaws, has been fair.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Cool Stuff! Still hoping for Metroid: Zero Mission.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Does anyone see Donkey Kong Country in the eShop? I checked yesterday and came up with nothing.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KBFloYd

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Does anyone see Donkey Kong Country in the eShop? I checked yesterday and came up with nothing.

are you in europe?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#17  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

are you in europe?

@KBFloYd said:

europe

Ah, crap. I missed that part of your OP.

No, no I'm not.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KBFloYd

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@KBFloYd said:

are you in europe?

@KBFloYd said:

europe

Ah, crap. I missed that part of your OP.

No, no I'm not.

we get all the GBA castlevania games this month though :D

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

Ninty, sometimes I don't get you...