Does the Wii's cost justify the price

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts

Does it justify the price for you? I'm interested in buying a Wii but most of the games I want are on the gamecube. I like RPGs, Zelda, Mario and any other interesting platformer or adventure games and the only Wii games I can think of are Tales of Symphonia 2 and Mario Galaxy. Does the Wii have any other good games? I could just get Twilight Princess on the Gamecube so I didn't count that.

monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts

Does it justify the price for you? I'm interested in buying a Wii but most of the games I want are on the gamecube. I like RPGs, Zelda, Mario and any other interesting platformer or adventure games and the only Wii games I can think of are Tales of Symphonia 2 and Mario Galaxy. Does the Wii have any other good games? I could just get Twilight Princess on the Gamecube so I didn't count that.

jeffdoomsday
IMO you are better off getting an xbox and maybe buying a second hand gamecube. I still think the wii is great, but i feel like the games are really lacking the core gamer value and more directed to families.
WhiteLion130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#3 WhiteLion130
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts
[QUOTE="monkeyd_93"][QUOTE="jeffdoomsday"]

IMO you are better off getting an xbox and maybe buying a second hand gamecube. I still think the wii is great, but i feel like the games are really lacking the core gamer value and more directed to families.

why dont people get it yet...THE WII ISENT A GAMERS MACHINE MATE, ITS A FUN FRIENDS AND FAMILY ONE GET THIS SYSTEM IF YOU HAVE BROTHERS OR SISTERS YOUR AGE OR IF YOUR FRIENDS ARE OVER ALOT.
wiisham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wiisham
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
I have GC and Wii and obviously bunch of games for both. Since I bought the Wii, the GC has stayin its box because I can just play the GC games on the Wii. The backward compatibility gives you the best of both BUT I dont understand why you would choose older GC titles over their Wii remakes because the control difference is huge and far more satisfying on the Wii. Zelda TP and RE4 spring to mind. The price is justified because its the cheapest of the 3 big guns. Despite what people say, you'll have fun with it. Certainly it does suck in people to play who would never play games simply because it feels intuitive..........number 1 reason the console continues to sell well. If you want the serious titles, the gore, the graphics, buy 360 or ps3. If that stuff isn't the be all and end all, then consider the Wii. Either way, I doubt you'll crying over your choice.
macabre190788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

#5 macabre190788
Member since 2005 • 457 Posts
Haven't played my Wii since August. It's back in the box again, all it does is collect dust. What a shame.
wiisham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wiisham
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
macabre190788, I'll bet you have a 360 or ps3 though. If so, then there just hasnt been anything on the Wii thats grabbed ur attention more than on 360 or ps3. which is cool. theres plenty of games on those consoles i'd like to try out too. The point of all these arguments on these forums is that if can only pick/afford ONE console and you pick a Wii, are you really THAT shafted given the price you pay and titles on the system. Short answer, no. You'll find good titles on any of the systems. Comes down to the money in de pocket in most cases.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
Well, you could spend $250 for a Wii or spend $199 or $299 for "something else"....think about that.
BryceyMan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BryceyMan1
Member since 2008 • 157 Posts

Well, you could spend $250 for a Wii or spend $199 or $299 for "something else"....think about that.Videodogg

360 is $199 

CasioTeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CasioTeck
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

I have GC and Wii and obviously bunch of games for both. Since I bought the Wii, the GC has stayin its box because I can just play the GC games on the Wii. The backward compatibility gives you the best of both BUT I dont understand why you would choose older GC titles over their Wii remakes because the control difference is huge and far more satisfying on the Wii. Zelda TP and RE4 spring to mind. The price is justified because its the cheapest of the 3 big guns. Despite what people say, you'll have fun with it. Certainly it does suck in people to play who would never play games simply because it feels intuitive..........number 1 reason the console continues to sell well. If you want the serious titles, the gore, the graphics, buy 360 or ps3. If that stuff isn't the be all and end all, then consider the Wii. Either way, I doubt you'll crying over your choice.wiisham

quite simple, TP for the GC is more authentic because the maps aren't inverted and link is a left hand swordsman

RE4 for the GC is better because it has a 'red' laser instead of a green pointer. I'm not sure if you can turn off the green pointer but it ruins the experience for me. Â