Does anyone think there will ever be turn-based RPG's for the Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
Or is turn-based combat on the way out.  I know it wouldn't utilize the wiimote like other motion sensitive games but I hope some good turn based battle RPG's do come out.  It would be easy to point and click on menus with the Wiimote.  I think overall though, turn-based combat in games is going to be seen less and less as the years go on.  I don't think that's necessarily a good thing but then again, who am I to judge, I just finally got into RPG's about a year ago.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts

Fire Emblem is due out this summer... It's turnbased and it only uses the Wii mote to point and click.

I certainly hope developers don't move away from turnbased!   I'm sure many others like me still enjoy that style of game play very much.

purity2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 purity2004
Member since 2004 • 107 Posts
I really hope Namco bring a Baten Kaitos game to the Wii. Both games were amazing on GC, though sadly overlooked.
ZakariaZ_dk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZakariaZ_dk
Member since 2006 • 2319 Posts
Opoona is turn-based.
WizardsKeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WizardsKeep
Member since 2007 • 114 Posts
Expect Namco to announce a new Tales game soon.
aaronikiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aaronikiss
Member since 2004 • 661 Posts
There is also a Dragon Quest game coming soon.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts

Expect Namco to announce a new Tales game soon.WizardsKeep

are they all turn based? i played ToS and that wasnt.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Dragon Quest

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Expect Namco to announce a new Tales game soon.WizardsKeep

That's what I want to hear!! ToS was not turnbased but it is one of my favorite GC games!!  I have been hoping someone would say they will announce one soon!

There is also a Dragon Quest game coming soon.aaronikiss

That is an on rails slasher game; I don't think it's turnbased. 

ShadyNinjaMan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 ShadyNinjaMan1
Member since 2007 • 1448 Posts
Well, there are ones that are announced, and I think they're going to continue making some turn-based RPGs, but don't expect a lot of them.
hempforvictory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hempforvictory
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

Fire Emblem is due out this summer... It's turnbased and it only uses the Wii mote to point and click.

I certainly hope developers don't move away from turnbased! I'm sure many others like me still enjoy that style of game play very much.

Terami

It actually doesn't utilize the wiimote at all.  It was developed for the gamecube and ported at the last minute so it is controlled solely with the classic controller. 

PandaSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 PandaSamurai
Member since 2004 • 1152 Posts

Namco doesen't care about the U.S. sales of Tales games. In Japan, where they pay attention, ToS for the GC didn't sell well at all, but when it was re-released on PS2 it did much better. If Namco cared, they would have already announced TotT for the U.S, and at least announced they were bringing over ToDr to the states. We didn't even get ToD2 for the PS2. Perhaps they'll make a new one for the Wii, but I wouldn't count on it. It probably won't happen, but I do believe it would be very smart to port Tales of the Abyss to the Wii. Namco could fix the frame rate issues, add Widescreen and 480p, maybe brush up the graphics a little, and reduced the bad loading times. It would probably sell well on the Wii, as there are all of the ToS fans who don't have PS2s longing for a new Tales game, and the fact there aren't really any RPGs on the Wii that are out yet. I think motion sensing could work pretty well.

To the poster asking about the battle systems in Tales games, every single one is real time.

Also, because the Wii wouldn't really enhance a turn based RPG experience with motion sensing, I'd rather have good graphics and HD. Not that I wouldn't buy a good turn-based RPG if one were to come out on the Wii, I'd just rather have one with better visuals than the not so helpful motion sensing.

CreepyNerd90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 CreepyNerd90
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
Fire Emblem's supposed to be here soon, though I've never played one before so I don't know whether it'll be worth it or not =\
Kwing1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 Kwing1983
Member since 2006 • 2325 Posts

Fire Emblem will be great. But is it really an RPG? I mean it has RPG elements but idnt kind of like Risk in a way. Don't get me wrong it is still a great game, I just don't know if Id call it an RPG thats all..

- KW 

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
No i dont think there will be a lot on turn-based rpgs on the wii.