Does anyone own the Hori DSL inner headphones with volume control toggle?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
So, I bought myself a new pair online and when I get them I find the lengths of the wires up from the split to the left and right headphones is grossly uneven. I'm thinking I got a defective pair, but I'm not sure. The wire length from the split to the left earphone is only 4" and the length of the wire from the split to the right earphone is 15", so when they hang when using there is more tug on the left earphone with only 4" of wire. If you have these, are yours like this? Thanks.
LoveStaindRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LoveStaindRed
Member since 2005 • 732 Posts

If I am understanding correctly what you are saying then I had a pair of in-ear headphones just like yours in design.

My conclusion was you are supposed to put the left one in then wrap the right one behind your head and into your ear. For me it took some strain off my left ear but I still hated it and ended up buying a cheaper set of Skullcandy INK'd in-earphones and have not turned back, they are very nice earphones. (But they dont have the little volume thingy XD there is a pair of Skullcandy's with the volume slider thingy though they just cost more)

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LINKloco
Wow, what a horrible design flaw for such a sleek looking product! They would have been perfect headphones if those wires were the same length. This saddens me.=(
JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

Wow, what a horrible design flaw for such a sleek looking product! They would have been perfect headphones if those wires were the same length. This saddens me.=( LINKloco

It is not really a design flaw. It is more of a matter of preference. They were made that way so that they can hang off of your neck when they are not in your ear and there are no dangling cords, making it easier to conceal them in clothes (like from a pocket or a jacket). They are especially nice when you are jogging/running. None of this, however, helps when you are using your headphones to play your Nintendo DS. Maybe you can sell them and buy a pair with an even headphone cord length (I also like Skullcandy headphones).

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LINKloco

[QUOTE="LINKloco"]Wow, what a horrible design flaw for such a sleek looking product! They would have been perfect headphones if those wires were the same length. This saddens me.=( JadeNic

It is not really a design flaw. It is more of a matter of preference. They were made that way so that they can hang off of your neck when they are not in your ear and there are no dangling cords, making it easier to conceal them in clothes (like from a pocket or a jacket). They are especially nice when you are jogging/running. None of this, however, helps when you are using your headphones to play your Nintendo DS. Maybe you can sell them and buy a pair with an even headphone cord length (I also like Skullcandy headphones).

So, wait...you're telling me you don't take a jog while playing your DS?=p No, but really...so the correct way to wear these things is by swinging the wires behind my head?