Does anybody here own Madden 07 for Wii? is it pretty good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nitat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nitat
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
I read some awesome review for this football game.
I must admit I haven't own madden since the year Ray Lewis was on the cover (05?)
anyway, with new developer (ea canada) was this title worth your money?
u think this game was easy enough to pick-up?
rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
I'm not a big football fan, although I'll watch it with buddies if I'm forced to.  I rented it out for a week for them, and honestly, besides the whole "the graphics aren't that great" argument, I've never seen them more engaged in any Madden game in their life.  It doesn't exactly feel like football to me, but my buddies said it was the closest thing they could get to playing football indoors.  I would at least rent it out and give it a try, but if you're really into Madden, it's the best version of the game out there.  There's no excuse not to pick it up.
exds01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 exds01
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts
my friend owns it and says its very fun but just like rockstar_88 im not a big football fan either so i just watch my friends play. All i can give you is word of mouth.
LordChar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LordChar
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
It is worth your time.
euro96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 euro96
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts
I own the game and yest it is worth buying, however it may be worth getting it cheap to see if you liek it and then splash the full price for next seasons game which will hopefully have online.
nomah74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nomah74
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts

It's really good.  I think the Gamespot review did a great job in describing the game's attributes.  Having said that they are wrong in complaining about the kicking system.  Gamespot complained that the system was buggy and difficult to figure out.  I experienced the exact same problems but then I read the instruction manual carefully.  In order to punt or kick you have to be sure to hold the controller down at a 25 degree or more angle before the kick.  Once I did that the kicking is great.  Much better than on any other version.  I flat out love the running and passing.  It's also the first football game I've played that is both great for running and passing (I've missed a few additions so there might have been others.)  Some complain about the motion controls not playing much of a factor on defense.  Again it's user error.  It's great for spin and swim moves but you have to time it properly.  Namely, you have to just have engaged the lineman.  If you to it to soon or too late it won't work.  I find this more realistic. 

The AI is good.  Better teams are aggressive.  I had the Jaguars fake spike the ball on me to throw a touchdown pass just before the end of half.  The gameplay graphics are very good with a wide variety of animations, etc. but the close ups on the faces is pretty bad.  Still the advice of the previous post is right you might want to try it out and if you have to have it you'll be happy.  If you can wait you'll definitely have something to look forward too.     

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
Its great, the mini games are the best part tho.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
It looked interesting to me, but my friend has it and he says it's not worth the price.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Its a great game, I love playing defense, nothings better than intercepting a pass physically yourself. I would recommend it to anyone.
Sinheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sinheart
Member since 2003 • 1705 Posts
it's awesome. the backyard football mode with 3 other friends is also a blast (2v2 with NFL players)!
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#12 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

It's really good. I think the Gamespot review did a great job in describing the game's attributes. Having said that they are wrong in complaining about the kicking system. Gamespot complained that the system was buggy and difficult to figure out. I experienced the exact same problems but then I read the instruction manual carefully. In order to punt or kick you have to be sure to hold the controller down at a 25 degree or more angle before the kick. Once I did that the kicking is great. Much better than on any other version. I flat out love the running and passing. It's also the first football game I've played that is both great for running and passing (I've missed a few additions so there might have been others.) Some complain about the motion controls not playing much of a factor on defense. Again it's user error. It's great for spin and swim moves but you have to time it properly. Namely, you have to just have engaged the lineman. If you to it to soon or too late it won't work. I find this more realistic.

The AI is good. Better teams are aggressive. I had the Jaguars fake spike the ball on me to throw a touchdown pass just before the end of half. The gameplay graphics are very good with a wide variety of animations, etc. but the close ups on the faces is pretty bad. Still the advice of the previous post is right you might want to try it out and if you have to have it you'll be happy. If you can wait you'll definitely have something to look forward too.

nomah74
I never read this lol, but it looks to me that he knows what hes talking about :D
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
It's better then good it's great.
It's revitalized the franchise and was the best version on any console last season.
born2runak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 born2runak
Member since 2004 • 414 Posts
The graphics are not that great (my biggest disappointment) It plays just like any other Madden, but with motion controls. The passing I found to be very fun. While I wish that the buttons could havebeen reconfigured by the user, the other controls work really well. I haven't had a problem with response. It's one of the more challenging Madden's I ve played in awhile, (haven't owned it since 04, 05). Whether it's because of the controls I'm not sure but it is definetly fun and worth picking up. I got mine off ebay for about 30 Bucks since I ws unsure about it and didn't want to throw away 50 $.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#15 deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

It's really good.  I think the Gamespot review did a great job in describing the game's attributes.  Having said that they are wrong in complaining about the kicking system.  Gamespot complained that the system was buggy and difficult to figure out.  I experienced the exact same problems but then I read the instruction manual carefully.  In order to punt or kick you have to be sure to hold the controller down at a 25 degree or more angle before the kick.  Once I did that the kicking is great.  Much better than on any other version.  I flat out love the running and passing.  It's also the first football game I've played that is both great for running and passing (I've missed a few additions so there might have been others.)  Some complain about the motion controls not playing much of a factor on defense.  Again it's user error.  It's great for spin and swim moves but you have to time it properly.  Namely, you have to just have engaged the lineman.  If you to it to soon or too late it won't work.  I find this more realistic. 

The AI is good.  Better teams are aggressive.  I had the Jaguars fake spike the ball on me to throw a touchdown pass just before the end of half.  The gameplay graphics are very good with a wide variety of animations, etc. but the close ups on the faces is pretty bad.  Still the advice of the previous post is right you might want to try it out and if you have to have it you'll be happy.  If you can wait you'll definitely have something to look forward too.     

nomah74
I agree 100% with your post, just be warned this is a madden game and you won't find all the plays that you want either if your a hardcore football fan, only the basic plays. But other that great game.
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#16 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

I read some awesome review for this football game.
I must admit I haven't own madden since the year Ray Lewis was on the cover (05?)
anyway, with new developer (ea canada) was this title worth your money?
u think this game was easy enough to pick-up?
nitat

I've heard good things about it

makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts
i dont own it, but i've played it at a friends. I really liked it, especially multiplayer, however, im not a big football fan so i wouldnt buy it.
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

The multiplayer mode where a friend becomes the players legs is supposedly one of the best reasons to buy the game.

dalejr88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 dalejr88
Member since 2005 • 776 Posts
This is one hell of a game! I play it all the time!
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 SkateGame
Member since 2005 • 893 Posts
It's alright, but there are definitely flaws in it. It's much better than the other versions though, the whole wiimote is nice. The only real problem is that your friend can see your play selection and the pointer is a little messed up in the game.
FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts
Madden is sweet, refreshing. 
maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 maclotr
Member since 2003 • 6282 Posts
It owns.
Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
Got Madden 07 for Wii on launch (my first Madden game), and love it a lot. Way better than console controls in my opinion, and the exclusive multiplayer mini-games are really additctive.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
Got Madden 07 for Wii on launch (my first Madden game), and love it a lot. Way better than console controls in my opinion, and the exclusive multiplayer mini-games are really additctive.Avatar_Taxidous
same, i got it, first day, and its still a game i play with my brother and friends, if you can get it, go for it
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
NEW Developer??? EA Canada makes all the EA sports games.
nitat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nitat
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
NEW Developer??? EA Canada makes all the EA sports games.kukukuk
new "developer" for this madden, tiburon always make any madden game on the console. and you can quote me on that......