Do you want next gen to include 3D?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brentendo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brentendo3
Member since 2013 • 176 Posts

^ Topic ^

What do you think?  Personally, I don't want to see it, mostly because my eyes suck and the 3D tends to hurt them after a couple minutes.  Also it feels like a lot of games just add the 3D because they are supposed to, not because it will actually add to the experience.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Yes, it's teh wonderfuls.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#3 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

As long as you can turn it off, I really don't care. Not a 3D fan, but cool feature. I HATE 3D movies though.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I would like Nintendo to add more video related features to take advantage of the 3D. By the time the next console comes, 3D video will be more common in all online video services so, hopefully, the next machine will be able to handle all or several of those. Now, for the games, I'm sure more developers will find better ways to use it. Regards!
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#5 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I am mildly in favor of it but so midly that I voted that I don't care. I think it legitimately improves graphics but so does increasing polygon counts, framerate etc. which you might be able to do for the same cost w/o 3D. For what it's worth, I think Nintendo will include 3D in its next generation handheld. They've been trying to do 3D for forever and now that the tech is really there, I don't see them walking away from what has so far been their first successful attempt at it.

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

To me, it's not necessary. It takes away from the experience sometimes. It makes the image blurry if you aren't looking at it just right and in most games it's a useless feature.

dsrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dsrules13
Member since 2010 • 1624 Posts

No, I find it to be gimmicky. It doesn't contribute to my experience with most games, and even when it does the impact is minimal. I would rather see Nintendo focus on something different with their next gen handheld, whatever that may be.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

not sure

i love the 3d on 3ds...amazing

but the graphics were gimped in order to do it...

i dont know...

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I sure hope so. I love 3D and it would be difficult to go back now that it is here. Nintendo was wise to add the 3D slider so that everyone can win.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
I'd honestly prefer a better screen with a higher resolution. Say something like ips+, and a resolution of 720p on a 4.5-5 inch screen.
JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts
Very Much rather have 3d just with a Better Resolution Like Zeroyaoi said It would be a big improvement. The Resolution right now is fine as it is but it could friggity frack (don't ask) better
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Sure, its always OPTIONAL people just like it is now... Some of us can actually really see and enjoy 3D.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Epak_

Sure, its always OPTIONAL people just like it is now... Some of us can actually really seeand enjoy 3D.YoshiYogurt

To be fair, most people see in 3D, we do have two eyes for a reason. Nitpicking TO THE MAX YO! :D

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#14 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Nah, it's a useless gimmick.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
No. Hate that sh*t and never use it
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Nope.

I have never in my entire life ever played a game, or watched a movie that had a 3d effect and I said "This 3d really adds to the experince and improves it. I would not enjoy this as much if it werent in 3d". Normally its more like "Well this is kind of cool" 10 minutes later "I fuc**** hate 3d".

Its just a gimmick and nothing else.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

As long as they don't force it upon us then they can do as they please. I rarely use it, but I know there are a fair amount of people who use it on a regular basis. I don't really see them going to anything other then two screens at this point, but I would prefer they focus on making the handheld as current and powerful as possible versus adding something that takes resources regardless if used or not (3D). 

Guovssohas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Guovssohas
Member since 2010 • 330 Posts
Yes, imo it's really a cool gimmick. But it should be optional like it is now.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 YoshiYogurt
No. Hate that sh*t and never use itrawsavon
It's frikin optional....
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]No. Hate that sh*t and never use itYoshiYogurt
It's frikin optional....

Spoken like one who does not understand basic business and consumer models. The world is one of limited resources - both on the business and consumer end. 'We', as consumers, will only spend so much. As such, companies can only pack in so much into a product. In addition, companies have limited resources as well - to be spread around in various areas (R&D, etc). So the inclusion of 3-d, which I hate, means some combination of losing something else and/or paying more. Please come to the table better prepared next time, yoshi's yogurt
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

It's kind of cool for a couple of games, but all in all it doesn't add a whole lot to the experience for me, and I think Nintendo could have made a much better system had they forgone the 3D aspect. Plus, the range for the 3D is very poor, and I'm always having to adjust my position so my screen isn't out of whack. 

I hope they drop it with their next iteration. 

edit: However, if they could increase the viewing range I would be much more accepting of it. 

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
I want a fully functional 3D portable games, without the 3D that makes the screen blurry.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

I don't like to be pessimistic about these things but I would prefer if the next gen handheld did away with 3D in place of... I don't know something else. The 3D was cute and all but on to the next gimmick.

Not for nothing though, I just don't see much of a point in 3d on a handheld. Considering you have to be fixated on one angle to get good experience sounds against the point of owning a handheld, especially one that also has motion sensitivity built in. I mean the touch screen worked well enough and if a dual-screen handheld with touch sensitivity wasn't enough, it also features 3D view, which now makes the DS feel like a circus.

If it remains optional I don't really care but truthfully I hope the next handheld's selling point is not in that it has 3D features because thus far has not done much for the 3DS. The dual-screen and touch screen compatibility sounded risky at first but worked out beautifully. They didn't half-ass it and make touch screen optional. They didn't include a removable screen to make the dual-screens optional. But yet it feels like even Nintendo was so uncertain about 3D that they decided to include an optional switch.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 YoshiYogurt
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="rawsavon"]No. Hate that sh*t and never use itrawsavon
It's frikin optional....

Spoken like one who does not understand basic business and consumer models. The world is one of limited resources - both on the business and consumer end. 'We', as consumers, will only spend so much. As such, companies can only pack in so much into a product. In addition, companies have limited resources as well - to be spread around in various areas (R&D, etc). So the inclusion of 3-d, which I hate, means some combination of losing something else and/or paying more. Please come to the table better prepared next time, yoshi's yogurt

I'm thinking you just can't see 3D...
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rawsavon
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] It's frikin optional....

Better that than simple concepts I imagine... Though they do say ignorance is bliss. Tell me, yoshi's yogurt, are you a happy person?
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] Spoken like one who does not understand basic business and consumer models. The world is one of limited resources - both on the business and consumer end. 'We', as consumers, will only spend so much. As such, companies can only pack in so much into a product. In addition, companies have limited resources as well - to be spread around in various areas (R&D, etc). So the inclusion of 3-d, which I hate, means some combination of losing something else and/or paying more. Please come to the table better prepared next time, yoshi's yogurtrawsavon

Better that than simple concepts I imagine... Though they do say ignorance is bliss. Tell me, yoshi's yogurt, are you a happy person?

:lol:

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Epak_

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] I'm thinking you just can't see 3D...Optical_Order

:lol:

This is some serious shite!

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#28 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
I'd rather not have 3D. I felt like when I got my 3DS I was paying for something I didn't want/use. Especially considering the emphasis they put on the 3D. Regardless of it being optional to turn off I just don't think a feature like that is necessary.