Do you think there will be a port of Unreal Tournament to Switch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7247 Posts

Wait, hold on! I know what you're thinking, "HellNOareyouhighwhereyoudroppedonyourheadasababyorjustgeneticallystupid?!"

Thing is, Epic has been going on and on about how easy it is to port Unreal Engine games to the Switch. I thought it was mostly just lip service, but then it came out that Snake Pass was ported in about a week. I know it's a small game, but a week? That's crazy!

More recently, Epic Games Japan stated that Unreal Engine games can be made playable on Switch at "the push of a button", the developer then just needs to focus on optimization.

What better way to demonstrate this than a port of Unreal Tournament? Sure it would be low-res, blurry textured, lack reflections, normal mapping, luminosity and such. But that didn't stop the Dreamcast version of the original game from being fun.

What do you think?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

No. UT on a console, are you serious? Playing UT with a controller would be like eating soup with a fork. Or run the marathon with iron shoes.

Seriously though, I think it's very unlikely. And FPSs on consoles suck.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#3 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@Litchie: golden eye 007 does not suck. I don't know what world you live on

And the switch can easily handle unreal tournament especially since the Xbox 360 has the third one and switch has More ram

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

its unlikely. the swtich could certainly run a version of it (and it would be very interesting to see how far it could go if epic were hands on with it). but would it sell? i dont think it would. i think it would be just too compromised.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7247 Posts

@Litchie said:

No. UT on a console, are you serious? Playing UT with a controller would be like eating soup with a fork. Or run the marathon with iron shoes.

Seriously though, I think it's very unlikely. And FPSs on consoles suck.

Sure, the PC version of UT is always best, but that hasn't ever stopped them. The original came out on Dreamcast and PS2, UT3 came to PS360, and the og Xbox got the Unreal Championship spin-off games exclusively.

@mariokart64fan said:

@Litchie: golden eye 007 does not suck. I don't know what world you live on

And the switch can easily handle unreal tournament especially since the Xbox 360 has the third one and switch has More ram

Unreal Tournament 3 was in Unreal Engine 3 though, which has not been updated for Switch. If they do anything, it would be Unreal Tournament 4.

The whole point would be to demonstrate how easy it is to port games made UE4 to Switch.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'd rather have it on PS4 but if it doesn't come to but comes to Switch, I'll buy it on the NS.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@mariokart64fan: GoldenEye does suck, as a matter of fact it's absolutely horrible and basically unplayable by today's standards. Even today's worst fps play better then that turd.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

It could happen. I feel old games can do well on Switch, with the excitement of playing it anywhere

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

No thank you ! They ported Street Fighter II Turbo and ask 70$ seriously no.

They could have Unreal Tournament 3. It is one of my most played game on the PS3. But Nintendo and 3rd party don't work well together.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

UT on the Switch?

R.O.F.L

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

@judaspete:

It would be nice, but I highly doubt it. I can think of a lot of older games this console could play I would love to see.