Do you think Sonic is to cocky now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Caybrown
Member since 2004 • 3722 Posts
He is, even more cocky on Sonic and the secret rings.
IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts
No, he's nowhere near as cocky as he used to be when he was battling mario for console bragging rights, plus I hate how he has a voice now, and it sounds like some prepubescent boy.
dawooten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 dawooten
Member since 2005 • 692 Posts
as of now, no compared to earlier stints. that and can they release a good sonic game for a change? think back to the original developers!
trigun3x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trigun3x
Member since 2004 • 1987 Posts
to a degree he was always cocky, but these days it seems like his just rubbing it in our faces
Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Caybrown
Its just that he thinks everything is to easy.
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
Sonic is one character that should have never given a voice to. It totally ruins what he used to sand for.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
Sonic is one character that should have never given a voice to. It totally ruins what he used to sand for. Zerostatic0
He used to be able to run really fast. That's all I can think he stood for.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

as of now, no compared to earlier stints. that and can they release a good sonic game for a change? think back to the original developers!dawooten

Ohhh careful there! I've found that you're not allowed to speak ill of Sonic and the Secret rings. You must convince yourself it's an awesome game as everyone else has.... even though it's complete and utter garbage. Pretty garbage though, I'll give it that... but garbage nonetheless.

Da-Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Da-Chicken
Member since 2003 • 956 Posts
As far as personality goes, Sonic is, and always has been, a childish braggart. It's part of his charm. If I had to liken him to another character, I'd say he's very much like a fusion between Goku and Vegeta...so, he's very much like Vegetto. Which makes him cocky as hell. And he has reason to be cocky as hell, especially since he can go Super Saiya....er, Super Sonic. Y'know, all golden, glowy, super-super-fast, and all-around better.
Jimmy_Frank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jimmy_Frank
Member since 2006 • 262 Posts
he was even more cocky in the saturday morning cartoon he used to be in
Keibo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Keibo
Member since 2003 • 1488 Posts
yeah I always thought sonic was kinda cocky really, I think I'm like the only person who doesn't actually mind his voice as its the one from that last series they made, sonic-x I think? Its alright but I can get over it ;) and I'm actually enjoying the game I think its pretty fun, and now that I'm more than half-way through sonics even faster :D
Lanto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lanto
Member since 2004 • 1132 Posts
Yeah, I agree he should have never been given a voice. Maybe just say one or two one liners and thats it. I really hate all the sonic spinoff characters like shadow and those other random guys.  I just want sonic, tales and knuckles, plz thx.
Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Caybrown
But i think hes funny.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34791 Posts
[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]Sonic is one character that should have never given a voice to. It totally ruins what he used to sand for. Boba_Fett_3710
He used to be able to run really fast. That's all I can think he stood for.

:lol: Yup. I've never liked Sonic..
Haze_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Haze_101
Member since 2007 • 346 Posts
umm I hope you guys do realize hes just a fictional character from a fictional game and hes not a real person...
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
umm I hope you guys do realize hes just a fictional character from a fictional game and hes not a real person...
Haze_101

^ What he said..... - _-

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Did you watch the Sonic SATAM? Jaleel White (a.k.a Urkel in Family Matters) made Sonic a cocky one. But still Jaleel White was THE voice of Sonic and should always have been.

In the games, Sonic is not really cocky.

riss1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 riss1990
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
sonic's voice sucks lol:P
jman623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jman623
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

this is kinda off topic, but here is what i see about the 3d sonic games.

the creators try waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to hard to make sonic seem like the "cool" character over mario. in every game, there is that cheesy rock music tahts basically saying "oh, look at me!! i have electric guitars in my songs!!"

then there is the cheesy voice acting. they try to give knuckles and sonic that "i dont care about the world cause im too cool" voice, but because the voice actors have voices like that, its obvious how miserably the creators attempted to get "cool" voice actors. (sorry for the overuse of the quotes)

then there ist he actual gameplay. sonic doesnt even have that sense of amazing speed anymore, because partly, you cant even play as sonic for most of the games!! when secret rings came out, a lot of the reviewers said "this game is what a sonic game should be about. sonic!!" the recent games the sonic team made are like "ooh!! look at us!! we have 10 characters you can play as!! each one has their own story!!" (again, sorry for the quotes) every character cept sonic always has shallow gameplay, cause the other characters have dumb controls like flying, digging, swinging a bat, driving cars, sending boxes flying at enemies... sonic is supposed to be about the speed, which they managed to fix in secret rings.

finally, sonic is pretty cool, although because the sonic team stressed him being cool, it sorta makes him not cool, shadow has that rebel thing thats going on that sorta works for him, (although i wonder, why does he have skates? if he's sonic's evil clone or whatever, why didnt his creator make him as fast or faster than sonic?), but a bloody third hedgehog? just, wow...

anyways, what im trying to get at, is instead of focusing on what really matters with sonic (the amazing sense of speed,) the ruin their 3d games with voice acting, shallow gameplay, retarded characters, and cheesy music. sonic creators try to make that cool/tough guy act happen for sonic, but they try so hard, it ends up being way to much "cool/tough guy", not enough speed and fun, which is ultimately why 3d sonics games are failing horribly (cept secret rings. they fixed the lame characters and the sense of speed thing there. however, bad voice acting and bad music are still present...)

sorry, thought id share my feelings. kinda random thoughts, but w/e...

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
Yeah he is way too cocky. "Yeah let's do it!" "Shara, lets go!" He needs to tone it down.
MarioFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MarioFanatic
Member since 2003 • 6153 Posts
sonic has been pretty cocky from the start if you ask me.
apboyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 apboyer
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts
Sonic has been cocky from the start. The thing is in the genesis games he didn't talk. The cockiness has always been there though especially in the saturday morning cartoon series. Anyway, my main problem with Sonic and the Secret Rings (and it's a minor one) is that the voice overs and cut scenes harken back to the days of some poorly written saturday morning cartoon show. But Sonic isn't about story (although if it were done well I wouldn't mind a decent one), it's about speed, something that Sonic and the Secret Rings does quite well.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
     Sonic was always supposed to be a 15 year old hedgehog.  He never used his brains and he always had to prove he was the "fastest thing alive" (yay advertising!).  When you take those elements and stick him in the middle of an interesting story, it fails.  So yeah, if the hedgehog would have little easter eggs like he did in the days of 2-D, then his image might be repaired.  Not likely, since 3-D models are much harder to add easter eggs to.
Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Caybrown
Thats true heh!
RoyFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 RoyFanatic
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
The game gets a lot better if you change the audio settings to Japanese. Sonic is still saying all of his retarded " I'm cool and I can prove it 'cause I'm all blurry fast and stuff, ya. i RoXoRs YoUr BoXoRs" shoot, but it's in Japanese! ^-^ And all the voice actors are much better.
Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Caybrown
He sound weird though.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

to a degree he was always cocky, but these days it seems like his just rubbing it in our facestrigun3x

I feel as though I've sinned by reading this... :?

I'm surprised people still buy Sonic games... I haven't enjoyed one since the first one. Especially since they gave him that stupid voice.

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
He always been, even when he really didnt talk in the sonics for the genesis, he still acted it. And then Sonic Adventures, when he started to talk, he started talking the part. IMO, its the whole aura of Sonic the Hedgehog. I kind of like it, its somewhat of a draw for me.