Do you think, sales-wise, that Wii Fit will surpass SSBB AND Wii Play?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts

Well, we know the Wii will have at least two guaranteed sellers this year: SSBB and Wii Fit. But do you think they can beat the best seller that was Wii Play?

I was reading this article, and it brings up the interesting point that SSBB and Wii Fit could be BEHIND their predecessor, Wii Play, Wii Fit going even behind Mario Kart and Galaxy.

So how do YOU think these games will fare against eachother? Will they steal their sales, will one dominate, or will they all turn out equal? Also, how good do you think Mario Kart will do? I never thought it might surpass Wii Fit. Let's see what surprises 2008 brings us in the sales department.

My Predictions for the Top 5:

1. SSBB
  2. Wii Fit
  3. Mario Kart
  4. Galaxy
  5. Wii Play
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
It's hard to decide, since there are many non gamers that have a Wii, so they would prefer titles like Wii Fit, rather than SSBB, which can be considered more "hardcore". Not sure about these two titles, but I put them as the top 2. Wii Play would be next, and Mario Kart last. It's difficult to sale more than Wii Play, since everytime someone wants to buy a controller, he/she ends buying the Wii Play pack. We'll see what happens.
theICE_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 theICE_MAN
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts

Should they? Yes.

Will they? Not even close.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

WiiPlay will always win because it's the best way to get a Wiimote, there's no beating that kind of deal.

As for the rest?

I expect Kart to beat Smash on this platform just like it did on the Gamecube and I expect Wii Fit to do well.

Galaxy? That's a tough one, I can see Smash and Kart selling more simply because Kart and Smash are weaker games because they require more then one copy to get the most out of it, you have to spend more money to get your money's worth since they're not as strong on their own. In that sense Mario while selling less is a much better way to spend your moolah.

If Wii Fit sells into the 8 million areas then devs are gonna jump all over it.

-kazoku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 -kazoku-
Member since 2004 • 116 Posts
I see Wii Fit outselling a lot of Nintendo's major IPs. Nintendo has made sure of that by acquiring the demographic those kinds of games appeal to.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I'm still skeptical as to how well WiiFit will do in the states... It will catch a buzz in the media, but it isn't free like Wii Sports is and doesn't come with a Wiimote
Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts
I think Wii Fit will do amazing in North America. A lot of people are concerned about their weight, and a lot of people own Wii's that aren't hardcore.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Here's my prediction

1. Wii Play

2. Brawl

3. Galaxy

4. Wii Fit

5. Mario Kart

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

I expect Kart to beat Smash on this platform just like it did on the Gamecube and I expect Wii Fit to do well.Jaysonguy

SSBM was the best selling GC game by far and sold almost double what Double Dash sold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Nintendo_GameCube

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

I am sure it will. Wii Play is probably the most useless thing. Which why I havent bought it. I played it at a friends house and hated the mini games that were in it. My personal opinion acorse. But I am sure SSBB, and Wii Fit, will surpass in sales. I am very excited for Wii Fit, but I do wish it was announced already. :(

SSBB will have to hold me over :P

carlaf01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 carlaf01
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think that the WII fit is a brilliant idea and i reckon it will do well because there are so many people who don'tlike going to the Gym and like toexercise at home. Because with all the adverts and campaign for getting fit this the perfect opportunity to prove that there is more out there then these celebrities promoting there DVD's just to keep their faces out there.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
If you are looking at only 2008 numbers then Wii Fit will be at the bottom of that list because it won't make it to america until mid to late this year. With Japan buying all of them they will make sure to stock the east before bringing it west. Galaxy already sold to a lot of people last year, it's numbers will small up, but still make a good run. If they bundle it before christmas (so you get SMG and Sports) or something like that it will take the cake. Wii play will continue to match 70%+ of the console sales numbers. Mario Kart and SSBB I'm not sure about yet. I think Kart will out perform SSBB simply because to lends itself more to 'family' and less to beating stuff up. I will probably get both myself, but SSBB before Kart. The Only thing that will mess up predictions will be the fact some 16M consoles have been sold. What are they going to buy as that will mess up the 2008 only sales of Wii Sports and Wii Play as most people already have them. Predictions by the end of 2008 since Nov 2006 to Dec 2008: 1. Wii Sports (console sales will continue to be strong) 2. Wii Play 3. Mario Kart Wii 4. Wii Fit 5. SSBB Of course who cares... but it was fun to think about.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jaysonguy

SSBM was the best selling GC game by far and sold almost double what Double Dash sold.

Rocky32189

You know better then to use Wikipedia for anything, it's full of lies

The citation for Smash Bros in that propaganda is actually a link to a story on how the Wii wont last.

The citation for Kart is a PDF that's a Nintendo report from 2004 on it's hardware and the earings of Nintendo, no games.

Neither one has anything to do with anything, just more reason to never look at Wikipedia unless you want some old wives tales.

While the realtime numbers of VGChartz have been brought into question there older numbers are solid.

The 3 best selling games on the Gamecube, in order, were

1. Mario Kart

2. Smash Bros

3. Mario Sunshine

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
What do you mean by sales? How many copies sold or how money produced? If its money produced, with a little time wiifit possibly could beat wiifit since its has a higher price. But in terms of copies i think wii play will win since just about everyone needs an extra wiimote and get seduced by seeing a free game right next to it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jaysonguy

What do you mean by sales? How many copies sold or how money produced? If its money produced, with a little time wiifit possibly could beat wiifit since its has a higher price. But in terms of copies i think wii play will win since just about everyone needs an extra wiimote and get seduced by seeing a free game right next to it.dinofan01

Exactly

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts

[QUOTE="dinofan01"]What do you mean by sales? How many copies sold or how money produced? If its money produced, with a little time wiifit possibly could beat wiifit since its has a higher price. But in terms of copies i think wii play will win since just about everyone needs an extra wiimote and get seduced by seeing a free game right next to it.Jaysonguy

Exactly

Maybe Nintendo will be like "Free nunchuck when you buy Wiifit" and then everyone will say"Hey I need a Nunchuck for that free Wiimote I got with Wiiplay".

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
wii fit will sell really well for a good while... I think how other developers use the Wii balance board will determine how it will sell in 2009 and after.
Androu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Androu1
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts

It's hard to decide, since there are many non gamers that have a Wii, so they would prefer titles like Wii Fit, rather than SSBB, which can be considered more "hardcore".Thiago26792

Not really.SSBB can fit a casuals needs too.

Anyway,I have already started hearing some BAD comments on the LAME WiiFit and it's board...so I think it's gonna sell bad.And WiiPlay is only selling well because it's like buying a mote with some free minigames :P

Fallen-Emanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fallen-Emanuel
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
don't have wii play, but i had all 4 remotes before i knew about it. I played it and thought it was complete shyte.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Thiago26792"]It's hard to decide, since there are many non gamers that have a Wii, so they would prefer titles like Wii Fit, rather than SSBB, which can be considered more "hardcore".Androu1

Anyway,I have already started hearing some BAD comments on the LAME WiiFit and it's board...so I think it's gonna sell bad.And WiiPlay is only selling well because it's like buying a mote with some free minigames :P

That's funny since it's destroying the competition in the region it's out.

Androu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Androu1
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts
[QUOTE="Androu1"]

[QUOTE="Thiago26792"]It's hard to decide, since there are many non gamers that have a Wii, so they would prefer titles like Wii Fit, rather than SSBB, which can be considered more "hardcore".Jaysonguy

That's funny since it's destroying the competition in the region it's out.

Then maybe it's just people saying bleep before they even try it XD