Do you think Nintendo should develop an M rated kind of game on the Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bukato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bukato
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts
Think about it. An M rated game on the Wii, developed by Nintendo, will prove they just don't think about the little kids playing  their consoles, but as well as the mature gamers. Or at least more T games.
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts
Disaster Day of Crisis is supposedly M rated
SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts
Havent you ever heard of Grand Theft Mario its been out for over a year now
IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts
Well, there has been one game developed by a second party developer at the time "Silicon Knights" developed Eternal Darkness, which I haven't played, but I hear is very mature.
yungboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yungboi
Member since 2003 • 1466 Posts
it would seem out of character for nintendo to do that.
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
Disaster Day of Crisis is supposedly M ratednintendogamer6
that's developed by Monolith. Not Nintendo.
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
Why should they? The great thing about Nintendo games is that they appeal to everyone. People who obsess over M rating need to learn that a rating doesn't decide how fun a game is.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Why should they? The great thing about Nintendo games is that they appeal to everyone. People who obsess over M rating need to learn that a rating doesn't decide how fun a game is.angelfly

QFT

bukato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bukato
Why should they? The great thing about Nintendo games is that they appeal to everyone. People who obsess over M rating need to learn that a rating doesn't decide how fun a game is.angelfly
Yea it does. Just imgine what kind of game got of war would be like if it didnt have a mature rating but a T rating. I garantee that this game woudn't be an AAA game.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
The people who are impressed in mature games aren't old enough to buy mature games.
I see no reason to please people that can't legally purchase the games.
bukato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bukato
The people who are impressed in mature games aren't old enough to buy mature games.
Jaysonguy
When people say that, it really pisses me off. I bet this makes you feel so mature doesn't it?
Dymedropp3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dymedropp3r
Member since 2006 • 459 Posts
Manhunt 2 will be rated M
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The people who are impressed in mature games aren't old enough to buy mature games.
bukato
When people say that, it really pisses me off. I bet this makes you feel so mature doesn't it?

I'm just saying the truth.
The people who this matters to for the most part can't buy it even if it does happen.

There's no need to try to make a game for that section of the public that can't buy the products.
bukato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bukato
Manhunt 2 will be rated MDymedropp3r
I'm not talking about third party games. I'm talking about first party games.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="angelfly"]Why should they? The great thing about Nintendo games is that they appeal to everyone. People who obsess over M rating need to learn that a rating doesn't decide how fun a game is.bukato
Yea it does. Just imgine what kind of game got of war would be like if it didnt have a mature rating but a T rating. I garantee that this game woudn't be an AAA game.

but God of war is different. the whole concept of it was just that. being extremely violent. Look at Metroid. Its rated T, and its a great game. Metroid Prime 1 got a better score than HALO 1 on GS, even if its by .1 it still counts.. and its a T rated game. Look at zelda Wind waker. its rated E and it got a 9.3 or something here on gs.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="bukato"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The people who are impressed in mature games aren't old enough to buy mature games.
Jaysonguy

The people who this matters to for the most part can't buy it even if it does happen.

There's no need to try to make a game for that section of the public that can't buy the products.

Thats true. i see a lot of kids with PSP and GTA. i guess its about image and looking 'cool'
bukato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bukato
[QUOTE="bukato"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The people who are impressed in mature games aren't old enough to buy mature games.
Jaysonguy

Yea, but somehow they manage to. And to let you know, these games are extremely fun. Tell me why kids play games like Halo? You think they believe it's cool because its violent? no, Halo in my opinion, is one of the greatest games ever created. Resident Evil 4? M rated games for some reason, just happen to be alot of fun, and if it's because of violence, then lets have it.
apboyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 apboyer
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts
This is what I hate about ratings. Television, film, games...they are all different mediums of entertainment and yes certain tv shows, movies, and games are appropriate for certain people. But just because a game is rated M doesn't mean it's automatically better than an E rated game. A show rated TV-MA isn't necessarily of better quality than a show rated TV-G...and so on and so forth. Ratings are there to determine who that particular medium of entertainment is suited for, they are not reviews of the quality of that show/movie/game.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="bukato"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The people who are impressed in mature games aren't old enough to buy mature games.
bukato

Yea, but somehow they manage to. And to let you know, these games are extremely fun. Tell me why kids play games like Halo? You think they believe it's cool because its violent? no, Halo in my opinion, is one of the greatest games ever created. Resident Evil 4? M rated games for some reason, just happen to be alot of fun, and if it's because of violence, then lets have it.

Those games aren't fun because of the violence.
They're fun because they're good games that are built on something other then violence.

You need great games and if somewhere in there you need violence to get the idea across then yeah sure, toss it in.
To say that you need a mature game to fill some sort of untapped genre is wrong and never sells well.

A game comes down the basic framework of the game, games like Mario weren't revolutionary because there was an untapped market for Italian guys with facial hair. It's because at it's core was a quality game that was amazing to play.

That's what every system needs, great games. Now if you need to kill zombies in the game and you need some blood that's fine. To start a game saying you ned blood?
That will never sell well because the people who you appeal to can't buy it.
Kenshin112345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kenshin112345
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
They might aswell let the kidies play any games because the chance of GTA happening with them is too low to have a number.  1 in 987162507132975274358392745.  See?
jbrittain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 jbrittain
Member since 2002 • 2151 Posts
I think that Nintendo should keep on making the kind of games that they've always made and let the 3rd party developers create the Mature games. It's not in Nintendo's nature to create those kind of games and I dont think they'd come out well.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
I bet there will be, but the rating doesn't matter. The majority of M games I've played have really failed, like GTA and stuff.
coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 coonana
Member since 2003 • 5909 Posts
I wish Nintendo would develop a Halo like FPS with the great epic story, great graphics, and great multiplayer online.
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
well, personally i dont think they need anything over T. M really is only there if there is blood or nudity. And i don't care if the blood is realistic red or green. Sure i guess some games like disaster could get by with a lot better dialog and themes if its M, but i wouldn't be surprised if they took out some cuss words to make it T.
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

As long as it was developed well and a solid game i would have not problem with it. however if they just tried to just go for the M rating that would be hella shallow. If the content fits the M rating gave by the ESRB then it is for a mature adience. if they just throw blood and gore for no reason it seems really stupid. but to be completely honest i cant ever see Nintendo developing an M game.

imagine a Shigeryu Miyamoto M game. lol. a quiet japan man that enjoys bluegrass country music and was brought up playing in the forest by his neighboorhood (where he got zeldas inspiration) isnt exactly M rated material. Guys like Suda 51 who have a history of making seriously violent games would do a better job. killer 7 was hella violent and im sure no more heroes will be too. after all suda 51 was an undertaker at one point in time.

vauba_haoly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vauba_haoly
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts
[QUOTE="angelfly"]Why should they? The great thing about Nintendo games is that they appeal to everyone. People who obsess over M rating need to learn that a rating doesn't decide how fun a game is.bukato
Yea it does. Just imgine what kind of game god of war would be like if it didnt have a mature rating but a T rating. I guarantee that this game woudn't be an AAA game.

Turning God of War into T rating would require censoring the game. A censored piece of work is going to be inferior to an uncensored one generally speaking. If your game concept is one that doesn't feel censored for having a lack of violence then a lack of violence does not make it any less fun. M rated content belongs in some concepts but not in others. While It's true that removing blood from God of War or RE4 would make the game worse, it would also make a game worse if you added blood where it does not belong like if in Super Mario Bros. if a goomba exploded into a puddle of blood when you stomped on it that would be very very bad.
MarioFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MarioFanatic
Member since 2003 • 6153 Posts
Think about it. An M rated game on the Wii, developed by Nintendo, will prove they just don't think about the little kids playing  their consoles, but as well as the mature gamers. Or at least more T games.bukato
you say M like nintendos never heard of it. theyve made some M rated games.i think geist and eternal darkness or w/e were made by nintendo. anyway, i imagine they have some games in development aimed towards older audiences anyway.
Mad_Scientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mad_Scientist
Member since 2002 • 2830 Posts

[QUOTE="bukato"][QUOTE="angelfly"]Why should they? The great thing about Nintendo games is that they appeal to everyone. People who obsess over M rating need to learn that a rating doesn't decide how fun a game is.vauba_haoly
Yea it does. Just imgine what kind of game god of war would be like if it didnt have a mature rating but a T rating. I guarantee that this game woudn't be an AAA game.

Turning God of War into T rating would require censoring the game. A censored piece of work is going to be inferior to an uncensored one generally speaking. If your game concept is one that doesn't feel censored for having a lack of violence then a lack of violence does not make it any less fun. M rated content belongs in some concepts but not in others. While It's true that removing blood from God of War or RE4 would make the game worse, it would also make a game worse if you added blood where it does not belong like if in Super Mario Bros. if a goomba exploded into a puddle of blood when you stomped on it that would be very very bad.

Good point. If someone at Nintendo comes up with a good idea for a game, and the concept requires that the game have an M rating in order to really be done properly, then Nintendo should go for it. But they shouldn't purposely try to make an M rated game just for the sake of it.

That said, some 2nd parties have made M rated games for Nintendo in the past, I believe. Eternal Darkness was one game. Very good game, actually. Of course, Silicon Knights isn't a Nintendo 2nd party anymore.

wii60_lukatoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wii60_lukatoll
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts
dude have u been living under a rock or somthing??? there are a bunch of M rated games coming out. RE: UC, saddness, that mafia game, no more heroes, manhunt 2, and more i cant think of (i THINK gta)
Mad_Scientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mad_Scientist
Member since 2002 • 2830 Posts

dude have u been living under a rock or somthing??? there are a bunch of M rated games coming out. RE: UC, saddness, that mafia game, no more heroes, manhunt 2, and more i cant think of (i THINK gta)wii60_lukatoll

True, but those weren't developed by Nintendo. The topic creator was specifically talking about Nintendo themselves making an M-rated game, not just having a third-party release one for the Wii.

joespimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 joespimpin
Member since 2006 • 817 Posts
Think about it. An M rated game on the Wii, developed by Nintendo, will prove they just don't think about the little kids playing their consoles, but as well as the mature gamers. Or at least more T games.bukato

Nintendo should make new games and franchises that cater to their strenghts and vision.  If one of those games happens to be M rated then fine if not then so what.

M rated doesn't necessarily mean anything with game quality.
Eeza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Eeza
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts
Twilight Princess was Rated M in Australia.
Plug_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Plug_One
Member since 2007 • 501 Posts
Strong violence can add a LOT to certain games.

I say Nintendo should go for it. Surely the game would be good, and it could help shake off the kiddy image.
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
Think about it. An M rated game on the Wii, developed by Nintendo, will prove they just don't think about the little kids playing their consoles, but as well as the mature gamers. Or at least more T games.bukato
So, what you are suggesting, is that they make violence, with a game, and not a game, with violence? >_> I think when people make games, they should first think if violence fits it or not, it's purely idiotic to try and jam violence in a game just to get its rating up...
AL13NK1LL3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 AL13NK1LL3R
Member since 2005 • 1394 Posts
Jaysonguy

dude if u go to wal mart they dont ever care anyways.. i think that rated stuff is over rated cause like they try keep it separted from teen and mature.. everybody is goin buy m for kids anyways.. it cant affect kids unless they are really stupid/retarded..
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
I would hope Icarus would be m-rated and be our god of war for the wii. It's sure the best opportunity to do so, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 jNerd
Member since 2005 • 7598 Posts

I think it'd be sweet if they created a new character who was alittle more serious.

Then used him in an M rated game. A 1st Person M Metroid would rock!

I wish Metroid was alittle more like Halo though. :P

camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
Didn't they already make Geist?  Wasn't that like their first M game in history?