Do you miss intro/startup screens?

#1 Edited by Speeny (1880 posts) -

The Gamecube is my favourite in terms of Nintendo.

Kind of sucks that the Switch doesn't really have one as well as the ambient background music.

#2 Posted by Ovirew (9102 posts) -

I think the Switch UI could be a lot better than it is. It pretty much copied the ps4 layout, but simpler.

It's not too big of a deal, but I did think there would have been more impactful updates since launch, and some new apps.

#3 Edited by bgres077 (12679 posts) -

Absolutely not. The faster I can get into a game the better. My favorite feature of the Switch is the ability to suspend any game and get back in within seconds.

#4 Posted by robert_sparkes (3232 posts) -

GameCube was great all round the start ups on Nintendo haven't been good since.

#5 Posted by Speeny (1880 posts) -
@bgres077 said:

Absolutely not. The faster I can get into a game the better. My favorite feature of the Switch is the ability to suspend any game and get back in within seconds.

You have a point. :P

#6 Edited by DList4ever (3 posts) -

@bgres077 Bingo!!

I swear that the first time I went to power it up and go back into a game it was honestly startling just how fast everything came up. I guess I was just so used to everything taking time to load but on the Switch the game just popped up at me immediately!

Cut ahead to a couple of months and I'm so used to it that all of the other systems seem to just.take.for.ev.er. to..get..to..the...dang...game...already.......

I know it's almost lazy but swear that I spend more time on my Switch sometimes simply *because* it takes so danged long to get anything else started.

#7 Posted by bgres077 (12679 posts) -

@dlist4ever: It's not just the quick start up. It's the fact that you can literally pause at a moments notice if something comes up.

#8 Posted by Willy105 (24855 posts) -

I do miss them. The Game Boy Advance one was my favorite.