Do you have a wii and a ds? (I suggest all that have wifi, click this!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts

Well everybody knows that the Wii has no voice chat. Its pure annoying. So i was thinking one day there many games with voice chat on the DS right?

Well here is what i did. Me and my friends both have a wii, SSBB, a DS and pokemon Pearl. So we both added each other on the DS's and we added each other on Brawl. I sat my DS on my lap with head phones and we connected to wifi. So my end result was that while i was playing with my friend i was talking to him which provides the next best thing to only using the Wii to communicate (which is not possible mind you).

This is just a suggestion or idea to the people who havent tried it. Me and my friend used the new pokemon game but you could probably use any game with voicechat in it. I have MPH but i prefer to use pokemon because you can set up voice chat easily. Please i don't need any comments about "oh i already thought of this and you suck because it took you so long" or anything along those lines. If you already knew this or something has already posted something like this then just say so politely. I didn't post this so i can argue with people.

Also if you have any better suggestiong please i would love to hear them. I also have a laptop that i use along with my wii to talk to my firends but thats only happened once.

foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 foola12

Well everybody knows that the Wii has no voice chat. Its pure annoying. So i was thinking one day there many games with voice chat on the DS right?

Well here is what i did. Me and my friends both have a wii, SSBB, a DS and pokemon Pearl. So we both added each other on the DS's and we added each other on Brawl. I sat my DS on my lap with head phones and we connected to wifi. So my end result was that while i was playing with my friend i was talking to him which provides the next best thing to only using the Wii to communicate (which is not possible mind you).

This is just a suggestion or idea to the people who havent tried it. Me and my friend used the new pokemon game but you could probably use any game with voicechat in it. I have MPH but i prefer to use pokemon because you can set up voice chat easily. Please i don't need any comments about "oh i already thought of this and you suck because it took you so long" or anything along those lines. If you already knew this or something has already posted something like this then just say so politely. I didn't post this so i can argue with people.

Also if you have any better suggestiong please i would love to hear them. I also have a laptop that i use along with my wii to talk to my firends but thats only happened once.

Edit: I have just noticed that there is one problem with using The DS. Its small but here it is. You are limited to chating to only 1 person on some games. Others like MPH i think will let you chat to up to 3 other players but im not sure if you timed for that and then the game will start because i haven't used MPH in a while.

JamieMcMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JamieMcMe
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts

Wow! That's really clever!

I'm gonna have to try that ;)

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

you can also do the same if both people have xbox live or psn.

but ds sounds simplest.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#5 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
Hmm... I never thought of that. Soinds like a good idea, until nintendo gets their act together and releases a wii headset.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
No one has a telephone?
Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
No one has a telephone?Jaysonguy
Maybe I don't want strangers to have my number. Calling someone twice my age to play Smash would be weird.......
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]No one has a telephone?DaLegendKilla92
Maybe I don't want strangers to have my number. Calling someone twice my age to play Smash would be weird.......

Hence friend codes

If you really want to talk to these people then do it on a phone. Just call them on the phone and since the majority of phones have headset jacks you're free to play whatever games you want to play

ABSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ABSH
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts
i have wifi and a wii and ds and a SSBB and pokemon diamond can anyone give me his friend code for pokemon mine 3480 1980 5558 name ASH reply or send a message please
movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts

[QUOTE="DaLegendKilla92"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]No one has a telephone?Jaysonguy

Hence friend codes

If you really want to talk to these people then do it on a phone. Just call them on the phone and since the majority of phones have headset jacks you're free to play whatever games you want to play

Thus long distance fees. Seriously you don`t want to play the same person over and over. That`s why people use forums for Friend Codes.
Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts

Yeah, I actually chatted with my cousin over the phone as he was whooping me in Brawl. However, I do recognize that it's pretty clever to utlilize the DS's WiFi communication capabilities.

vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 vickersfan
Member since 2005 • 895 Posts

foola12
damn thatz smart:D
ABSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ABSH
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts
can any one give me his friend code for pokemon and smash i am killing my self to know
darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darkslider99
Member since 2004 • 11374 Posts
ventrilo or MSN works much better.
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts

No offense, but that's aa horrible suggestion.

First off, as has been said before, you may not want to give your phone number out. Not to mention the person you are wanting to voice chat with may not want to give out theirs, either. If you were at an arcade would you jsut give your phone number out to everyone you played with? Then why would you think that would be a good choice for playing with people over the internet?

Secondly, talking on the phone is not the most economical choice... wireless phones will burn up minutes and land lines will rack up long distance fees (unless you just happen to be calling some one in your area).

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Lol, but I have a Wii and a PSP :?
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mike1978Smith

ventrilo or MSN works much better.darkslider99

Too bad my Wii isn't anywhere near my PC, heh.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work to me.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Nice! :P

But, no, I have a computer in the same room with a mic, so I just use skype with my friends who have similar set-ups.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="DaLegendKilla92"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]No one has a telephone?Mike1978Smith

First off, as has been said before, you may not want to give your phone number out. Not to mention the person you are wanting to voice chat with may not want to give out theirs, either. If you were at an arcade would you jsut give your phone number out to everyone you played with? Then why would you think that would be a good choice for playing with people over the internet?

Secondly, talking on the phone is not the most economical choice... wireless phones will burn up minutes and land lines will rack up long distance fees (unless you just happen to be calling some one in your area).

1. This is why we have friend codes and why I say they're the only adult online system. So people will only talk to people if they can "hide" from them? No, you talk to your friends and friends have your number. If you want to play against strangers that's fine but there's no need to talk to the strangers.

2. Most call plans for real phones (not the people who only have cells) also include long distance for next to nothing. This isn't 1998 where long distance is an issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

Hence friend codes

ok.. Jay I`m sorry.. but do you know how much a call cost?? hoe much would you pay for one hour of gameplay?? Heck some of my friends do not even have home number.. just cell phone and a laptop...

If my friend were at the same country/city we will pry do so.. or just come over to play...

But my best 2 friends (gamer friends) are one in CT and one NYC.. i`m in dominican republic (or at least will be here until june) so phone.. yea.. right...

To the TC: Good idea... thus I do not have pokemon games...

What do I do?? get my laptop next to me and connect to googletalk.. both my friends have SSBB, both google talk.. :) so yea/... only bad about it, only 2 person can chat on that program.. so if you know about any with more that 2 ..let me know :) and if my bro is playing as well, I do not use the headphones but the separate mic and built-in speakers...

So in short .. Jay I do not tink that the may problem is when you are playing with your neighbord :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Hence friend codes

ok.. Jay I`m sorry.. but do you know how much a call cost?? hoe much would you pay for one hour of gameplay?? Heck some of my friends do not even have home number.. just cell phone and a laptop...

If my friend were at the same country/city we will pry do so.. or just come over to play...

But my best 2 friends (gamer friends) are one in CT and one NYC.. i`m in dominican republic (or at least will be here until june) so phone.. yea.. right...

To the TC: Good idea... thus I do not have pokemon games...

What do I do?? get my laptop next to me and connect to googletalk.. both my friends have SSBB, both google talk.. :) so yea/... only bad about it, only 2 person can chat on that program.. so if you know about any with more that 2 ..let me know :) and if my bro is playing as well, I do not use the headphones but the separate mic and built-in speakers...

So in short .. Jay I do not tink that the problem/solution is when you are playing with your neighbord :P

foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 foola12
[QUOTE="Mike1978Smith"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

1. This is why we have friend codes and why I say they're the only adult online system. So people will only talk to people if they can "hide" from them? No, you talk to your friends and friends have your number. If you want to play against strangers that's fine but there's no need to talk to the strangers.

2. Most call plans for real phones (not the people who only have cells) also include long distance for next to nothing. This isn't 1998 where long distance is an issue.

Yes i have thought of a phone. I have a cellphone but i rather the DS becuase i don't get a bill and i can charge it and have headphones in it at the sametime (and yes i know theres cellphones that can have headphones and charge at the sametimes). This is the most portable and simplest method for me. And Seariously i hate friend codes. We are not little kids anymore and the ones that are have parents that should control this option of chat or not. Also what if i can't get one of my friends to play with me and i want to play with some guy on gamespot and also chat to him? Well im sure not going to use a tellphone, im going to use my ds.
foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 foola12

But, no, I have a computer in the same room with a mic, so I just use skype with my friends who have similar set-ups.

Dark_Link142
Ya but this is more portable i find. I could be lugging my laptop everywhere but its really slow and i don't have a TV and a computer in the same room at my home (well at least not yet). Its just the easier method because nearly everyone has a DS or can afford but not everyone has a laptop.
CheeseRa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CheeseRa
Member since 2004 • 1153 Posts
Just buy a headset for PC and download Skype or something.
foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 foola12
Sounds like a lot of work to me.aransom
Yes it can be tedious at times, esspecially if you don't have a good signal but if you can get it setup its a great option.
foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 foola12
Lol, but I have a Wii and a PSP :?SMR-Venom
I don't have a psp but i think you can get skype on it if you can connect to Wifi. Its alternate method.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Just buy a headset for PC and download Skype or something.CheeseRa

how many ppl can chat with skype?? do you know.. I use google talk, but it just aloud me and one more... will be nice to chat the 3 of us...

[QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]

foola12

Ya but this is more portable i find. I could be lugging my laptop everywhere but its really slow and i don't have a TV and a computer in the same room at my home (well at least not yet). Its just the easier method because nearly everyone has a DS or can afford but not everyone has a laptop.

oh yea.. you idea is pretty good.. I have a pretty good laptop, that is why i use that :)

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

good idea TC.

another possibility would be to use ure PC to do the DSs job. perhaps get a wireless headset for it so that u can talk to ure mate over the PC while playing the wii. theres probably also a way to have something like group voice chat on PC so if u have a few mates u wanna chat with while playing, a PC might accomodate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

good idea TC.

another possibility would be to use ure PC to do the DSs job. perhaps get a wireless headset for it so that u can talk to ure mate over the PC while playing the wii. theres probably also a way to have something like group voice chat on PC so if u have a few mates u wanna chat with while playing, a PC might accomodate.

osan0

and if someone knows which program can do that I will really appreciated :D

one_of_panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 one_of_panda
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts
You know what works better than that? A cell phone!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

You know what works better than that? A cell phone!one_of_panda

do you pay for your cell phone bill?? Do you play just with ppl in your city/country?? (read a couple of the post above)

foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 foola12
[QUOTE="osan0"]

good idea TC.

chang_1910

You just made me notice something. Thank you. You will see it in my edit.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts
[QUOTE="osan0"]

good idea TC.

chang_1910

i think MSN messenger (or whatever the new one is called...its been years since i used it) can but im not sure. a quick poke around dinternet didnt turn up much (alot of tools are not free). i know MSN definately allows voice chat with another person but whether itll allow groups with audio..i dont know.

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mike1978Smith
[QUOTE="Mike1978Smith"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

If you only want to talk to your "rl" friends and family, sure, but some of us actually have "online" friends that we've never met in person and never will.

I guess you've never played an MMO before... That's the perfect example of how you can have "online" friends.

foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 foola12
I just wanted to bump this once before i let this topic die.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Communication for me in games doesn't matter a whole lot except when the game would be significantly better it. When I play online I usually have my laptop out and sometimes text with people on my site. And the whole DS thing was an idea in the back of my head, but didn't think it was worth the hassle of adding two FC's and conversing. :?
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

phone service can be pretty expensive depending on your provider and plan, especially cell phones. this method is free. I'd try it if wifi worked on my DS. It works on my wii but not my DS, lame. (our password on our router is a special kind that DS does not support D:)

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

To Jaysonguy,

I wouldn't want to give someone my number and talk to them for a while that I don't know. I would like to talk to them but not give them my number. I could just give someone my pokemon FC and talk to them without paying and without personal information. It's harder yes but it's just not a good idea to give random people your number.

I might try this with my friend in New York.

starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
I was thinking it would be cool if a Wii game used the ds as a controller