Do you actually use your Nintendo Mini consoles?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#1 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Not bragging but thankfully, I managed to get both the NES & SNES. (Online at that.)

I haven't really used them all that much to be honest. For the most part I've kept them up on my shelf for display purposes. People walk in: "Ah yeah! You got em!"

I'll crack them out someday soon. They are nice to own and are a good little gimmick. Nothing beats the original hardware though but at least we know they're official emulators I guess. :P

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

The NES Classic is still plentiful but on the other hand the SNES seems to be a memory.

These thing do make a nice display piece(s) which is what mine are doing. I would like to remove the poster from the inside though.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

Had an nes mini collecting dust sold it. It was a pointless novelty item to me.

Waiting on the Mega drive mini from retro bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I don't use them much, but I was never planning to use them much when I bought them. I own the original hardware and nothing beats playing on original hardware.

I primarily bought the mini consoles as a cool collectible to display on my shelf. I also hacked them to include the console's full library of games, so when I do use them, it's for the purpose of trying out a game that I don't currently own to see if it's worth buying to play on my original hardware. I could also see myself using them when traveling sometimes since it's much easier to travel with these mini consoles than with my original hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I had the SNES classic for a little. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't really getting into it like I thought I would. I think if it were on the Switch Online service or virtual console I'd play some of those games more. Idk, maybe it was my mood at the time, too.

It's probably not too much of a surprise that I would be more excited to play a lot of handheld and Gamecube-era games.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes I have both NES and SNES classics. I use them from time to time. I have the original versions as well. I mostly play the games I don't have for the regular consoles Earthbound and Star fox 2. Since these are Nintendo's official Re-releases of sorts. Nostalgia is meant to be played.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@speeny:

Once in a while. Like, once every 2 weeks or so.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I haven’t bought the Nintendo minis because I’ve either played the hell out of those games or anything I’d want to revisit i own. But I have bought a few Atari Flashbacks. I play them for about an hour and they get ignored until about a few years later when I remember I own them. Rinse and repeat.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Was pretty tempted to pick them up a while back when they were on sale, but for some reason never got around to it. Pretty much just get my NES/SNES fix on 3DS now.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Still using my modded Snes classic. I have a couple of 8bitdo wireless controllers for it so it’s still fun to play on the couch.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#11 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

I use my SNES classic.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

Only mini console I use is a mega drive knock off to play golden axe and sonic 2.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

It doesn't really matter if they get used much or not. It doesn't mean you don't like them. You obviously like them, or you wouldn't have bought them.

These days, there's so much entertainment around, that you neglect other great things. I have an NES Classic Edition. But than again, I have a 360, PC games, 3DS, etc. There's only so much time to play anything. It can be hard to pick and choose.

NES and SNES Classic are perfect retro nostalgia items. They are perfect to display forever on a shelf. You should keep them forever. You never know when you'll want to play the games again, too.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Speeny

@qx0d: Yeah good point. It's interesting because my gamer friends are always like: "Why don't you play them?" But, as you said. It's simply for nostalgia purposes and they look great on the shelf.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Yes, I use them quite a bit. Often for 2 player games, glad the SNES had two controllers packed in.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Speeny

@Eikichi-Onizuka: Ikr. I've still been trying to hunt down a second NES controller. Lol

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#17 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I haven't touched either in months, although I did bring them in for a library program one time for Retro Gaming. It was fun seeing kids play these old games and not know what to think of them.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Coolyfett plays Super Punch Out often trying to set new records.

Eddie001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eddie001
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

Since nintendo switch has been released, i don't quite offen to play my snes console, which is the retrogames, those games that i can find in http://www.love-gamecard.com