Do prices of retail games ever go cheaper in eshop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

I was wanting to buy some retail 3ds games in the eshop. But do they ever go on sale or get a price drop?

Avatar image for Lebowski__basic
Lebowski__basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lebowski__basic
Member since 2003 • 1252 Posts
Not that I've seen, but I don't check it very often. If the digital new releases were cheaper than the physical copy I'd be more inclined to buy digital, but since they're the same price I prefer physical.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
It does randomly. Depends on Nintendo, some seasonal sale, holiday sale.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Right now many games are on sale, but it will only last for a while.
xSHiNOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xSHiNOx
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts
retail games that you can download on the eshop don't ever go on sale. haven't seen a sale for them yet as they were introduced to the eshop late last year. for other games like VC and eshop titles, they may have sales. just keep checking back
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
To my knowledge no 3DS retail game has had its digital version go on sale in the eShop yet But Ubisoft is selling all their Wii U games for 30% off this week, so if there are massive retail discounts on the Wii U eShop you'd imagine there could be on the 3DS eShop. I think the main issue is there isn't a lot of third party games on the 3DS eShop (that are retail also) whereas the Wii U launched with almost all third party releases digitally
gettingpatches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gettingpatches
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts

To my knowledge no 3DS retail game has had its digital version go on sale in the eShop yet But Ubisoft is selling all their Wii U games for 30% off this week, so if there are massive retail discounts on the Wii U eShop you'd imagine there could be on the 3DS eShop. I think the main issue is there isn't a lot of third party games on the 3DS eShop (that are retail also) whereas the Wii U launched with almost all third party releases digitallybonesawisready5

I think ocarina of time 3d went half pice for a while in the european eshop, but thats the only time I've heard of retail games doing that kinda stuff.

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
To my knowledge no 3DS retail game has had its digital version go on sale in the eShop yetbonesawisready5
It's up to Nintendo. Nintendo of Europe has Ocarina of Time 3D on sale right now or will be with more titles to follow while NoA does not.
Woe2spread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Woe2spread
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
selling full retail games on eshop just kinda started. but there is one sale so far for smaller games. can get free games from club Nintendo each month too. last month you could get tetris and punch out. too bad that's over tho. but ya they are adding more games to the eshop for retail all the time. hopefully they do go on sale at some point. the retail games only started since last November when Mario 2 new came to the shop. I know best buy sells a 32 gb sdhc class ten for thirty bucks in usa. great price for a good memory.