Do I keep my Nintendo eShop purchases if my 3ds breaks or becomes replaced?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Nekolover (167 posts) -

Just as the title says: Do my purchases from the eShop provided on the 3ds get saved if I lose, replace, or break my 3ds? Am I able to recover those purches and place them on a new 3ds if any of the said instances happen to my old 3ds?

#2 Posted by jedinat (3560 posts) -
Purchases are tied to your 3DS. So you need to do a system transfer when moving to a new machine. So if you lose the thing you're out of luck as far as I know. Maybe extenuating circumstances and complaining might get you somewhere.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#3 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30973 posts) -

If you have a Club Nintendo account they can keep track of the games you purchased and downloaded.

So if you lose your 3DS maybe contact Nintendo after you purchase a new 3DS and they might be able to put those games on your system if you send it to them.

#4 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -

If you have a Club Nintendo account they can keep track of the games you purchased and downloaded.

So if you lose your 3DS maybe contact Nintendo after you purchase a new 3DS and they might be able to put those games on your system if you send it to them.

Nintendo_Ownes7
Yeah Nintendo will let you redownload everything if you have a club nintendo account and your system breaks. They might for a lost system too, but i'm not sure.
#5 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -
If you call up Costumer Support, they can transfer your account to a new system. :) Thats what happened to my Wii when I got a refurb one when I sent in my old one for repair.