DK, Star Fox, Kirby, Ness, Pit, and so many more....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

How many generations of gaming will go by until we get real entries to these series?

I stress real because I hardly count Kirby Air Ride Or DK Bongo mini game fest as real entries.

Nintendo is sitting on gold mines of potential with these characters and the premises they hold along with old school audiences.

Now I am happy after GDC it has shown me that Nintendo is moving in a direction. I see alot of lesser known third party games that could make a difference and a crapLOAD of first party games that are rocking the gaming world. But what about these franchises? Nintendo could easily find skilled dev teams or even work on them in house to make lineups that make haters cry. I know Im beating a dead horse but how long do we want these individuals to become stagnat?

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
I hope we don't have to wait too long. They are too popular NOT to have their own games by now.us Sega & Capcom didn't have enough at one point and milked their leaders ( Sonic & Megaman) to death. Hopefully Nintendo realizes Mario, Samus, & Link don't have to sell the Wii all by themselves.
PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

omg we need a kirby air ride wii!

i love that game. just for city trial and top ride.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cyber-

PeterPerson

please no

I want them to see a 3d conversion of kirby from his old roots not a half baked racer.

like 2d mario to 3d mario sort of change

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I wish Nintendo would pay attention to the other well established franchises they have. We already know we're getting a new Zelda, but we know NOTHING on any other lesser franchise titles...

PeterPerson
...finally someone who understands it's addiction. If they do make a sequel, it better have more than one city. I never really owned the game though... I rented it twice and my cousins bought it and I borrowed it :D
dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts
I've been waiting for a real DK game since the DK64. All one can do is hope.
PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PeterPerson
I wish Nintendo would pay attention to the other well established franchises they have. We already know we're getting a new Zelda, but we know NOTHING on any other lesser franchise titles... [QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

ZumaJones07

...finally someone who understands it's addiction. If they do make a sequel, it better have more than one city. I never really owned the game though... I rented it twice and my cousins bought it and I borrowed it :D

YES!!!

like... a bunch of city's would be awesome! i love going through the city collecting stuff. the air ride races werent all that great.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cyber-
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]I wish Nintendo would pay attention to the other well established franchises they have. We already know we're getting a new Zelda, but we know NOTHING on any other lesser franchise titles... [QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

PeterPerson

YES!!!

like... a bunch of city's would be awesome! i love going through the city collecting stuff. the air ride races werent all that great.

Yes and it would be better fitted in a new IP. Imagine how excited everyone was when they heard a 3d kirby was coming to GC? Kirby does not belong in a spin off.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

You just insulted Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and Kirby by mentioning them with the likes of the rest of that list.

Donkey Kong and Kirby have been doing great on the DS so there's no real rush, if you want those games pick up the correct machine. As for Star Fox I bet we'll see one of his games soon.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts

You just insulted Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and Kirby by mentioning them with the likes of the rest of that list.

Donkey Kong and Kirby have been doing great on the DS so there's no real rush, if you want those games pick up the correct machine. As for Star Fox I bet we'll see one of his games soon.

Jaysonguy

Lets examine that Kirby has had one new look with the paint and a series of rehash sidescrollers. Hardly a reflection of his former glory. Star Fox Command, dont make me laugh. It was decent at best and thats a bad thing when you compare it to the class A quality of Star Fox 64. DK on the DS has Mario vs Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong Racing.

Again these are all decent but they pale in comparison to their former glory. Also we have not even mentioned the console counterparts which vary from disaster to just okay. Still nothing really measures up to its former glory. Im not seeing a Metroid PRIME or a LoZ: WW attempt.

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts

Jaysonguy
I would have to agree. Donkey Kong has had some good games on the DS and Jungle Beat was great. Kirby has had a good performance on DS as well. Canvas Curse is still one of my favorite games on the DS. Then you also have the tradition Kirby game Squeak Squad. And the Wiimote is very well suited for a Starfox game so I expect to see one next year.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

sonic_rusher

Lets examine that Kirby has had one new look with the paint and a series of rehash sidescrollers. Hardly a reflection of his former glory. Star Fox Command, dont make me laugh. It was decent at best and thats a bad thing when you compare it to the class A quality of Star Fox 64. DK on the DS has Mario vs Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong Racing.

Again these are all decent but they pale in comparison to their former glory. Also we have not even mentioned the console counterparts which vary from disaster to just okay. Still nothing really measures up to its former glory. Im not seeing a Metroid PRIME or a LoZ: WW attempt.

Kirby's games have done very well on that other platform and Donkey Kong's latest entry is Jungle Climber. Both use the hardware perfectly. As I said before, if you want those characters they're still making really good games, you're just using the wrong thing to play them with.

I didn't say anything about Star Fox so awesome job responding to something that wasn't even said yet lol

Plus I have no idea what you're talking about with Kirby and "former glory" He's a sidescrolling platformer at heart and his latest game is just that.

Zelda's being done better on the DS these days too.

Nintendo has to swap their high profile characters between their two products. If you think you're missing out on all their appearances then you're going to have to buy both parts of Nintendo's hardware.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#13 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Hopefully they'll make another DK game like DK64, and another Kirby game but in 3D from their old style. Like Kirby Superstar and stuff. Same as StarFox, and maybe another Yoshi Story? I'd love to see those on the Wii.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Kirby Adventure for the Gamecube looked so great.:( I wish they'd get back to making that game. I also would like a new Donkey Kong platformer. Why make some bongo mini-game when you can make the next great platformer, Nintendo? I just don't understand. Aren't we getting a new Kid Icarus, though?
deawsomekurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deawsomekurt
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

Jaysonguy
k
Flaming235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Flaming235
Member since 2005 • 1949 Posts
What I really want to see is a developer taking some ideas from the Halo engine and using those ideas to make Star Fox very similar to Halo, except in 3rd person. Much like Star Fox Assault meets Halo 3. Yes, Halo 3 is much too thirsty for the Wii to run, but think Halo 2, but with Star Fox. Nintendo has a problem that the developers are constantly using their own, average engines in games. A much more intelligent idea would be to buy rights to, say, Unreal Engine 2, and Havok for physics. Then the developers can edit the engines to their specific needs instead of building a new one from the ground up. It isn't easy to build a new engine, so why try, and make an absolute crapper of an engine, where you could just as easily use a good engine and make the game around it. Whatever, as long as Nintendo eventually makes an awesome Star Fox game, with a good storyline and good gameplay, I'm happy.
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
A new Earthbound game would be great.
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts
I want a new Wave Race and a new Starfox (i think i'm the only one who wants on-foot missions back :P)
Zombie_Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zombie_Eric
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts

A new Earthbound game would be great.thebisonx

Unfortunately, I've lost faith in a new Earthbound ever coming.

As for the rest, I think there's supposed to be a new Kid Icarus game in development, but I'm not sure whose doing it. I completely agree with the idea that DK and Kirby need some REAL games, by which I mean something on par with Galaxy or Twilight Princess, not a second rate DS game. Also, I think the Wii would be perfect for a new Star Fox, but they need to go old school, like the SNES version or Star Fox 64. From what I can tell, Nintendo seems to be focusing the later half of this year on Pikmin 3, Animal Crossing Wii, etc., so I doubt we'll see anything like any of these until at least 2009.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34719 Posts

I want a new Wave Race and a new Starfox (i think i'm the only one who wants on-foot missions back :P)SuperMario_46

Not really. I want another Starfox Adventures. Loved that game.

Anyway, Wii needs a DK platformer. Well... Litchie needs a DK platformer.. I seriously want Rare back.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Kirby's games have done very well on that other platform and Donkey Kong's latest entry is Jungle Climber. Both use the hardware perfectly. As I said before, if you want those characters they're still making really good games, you're just using the wrong thing to play them with.

I didn't say anything about Star Fox so awesome job responding to something that wasn't even said yet lol

Plus I have no idea what you're talking about with Kirby and "former glory" He's a sidescrolling platformer at heart and his latest game is just that.

Zelda's being done better on the DS these days too.

Nintendo has to swap their high profile characters between their two products. If you think you're missing out on all their appearances then you're going to have to buy both parts of Nintendo's hardware.

Madden has done exceptional over the years. I dont think in terms of quality Kirb has lived up to its old games. Maybe Kirby has been doing better than the others because Kirby Canvas curse was pretty good and did not just rehash another sidescroller.

DK used to be a series that other series would copy because it was so good. Now its filled with rythm games and puzzles. Diddy kong Racing something i was super excited about ended up being a port... You cant honestly tell me these games are living up to old standards. they are scoring lower and sellling less.

You said I "insulted" Star Fox so i mentioned its games that prove what I am saying make sense so i guess it was an awsome job.

Kirby was really good back then just as all of these series were. Ya all those series were sidescrollers or something like that and then a little something called the 3d world came in and they did not take advatage of that with kirby.

Ya i know zeld ahas been doing awsome across the boards. Phantom Hour glass is arguably the best handheld game ever.

I HAVE A DS. It does not change the fact that these games are not what they used to be whether its on a console or a handheld. aLso while they are at the very least making these games on the handhelds they are almost non existant on the consoles and whent hey do come they are games like Air Ride.

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PeterPerson
[QUOTE="PeterPerson"][QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]I wish Nintendo would pay attention to the other well established franchises they have. We already know we're getting a new Zelda, but we know NOTHING on any other lesser franchise titles... [QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

Cyber-

YES!!!

Yes and it would be better fitted in a new IP. Imagine how excited everyone was when they heard a 3d kirby was coming to GC? Kirby does not belong in a spin off.

whats an ip?

but kirby air ride was great because of kirby!!!

Nintendoguy325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Nintendoguy325
Member since 2008 • 463 Posts
What we really need is another Star Fox Adventures (but throw in some guns), a DK64 kind of game (but possibly not with giant bananas), a good and enjoyable Kid Icarus, and a Kirby game like the one for 64. Not sure about Ness, though...
muffinduck01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 muffinduck01
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts
im really hopeing Nintendo will give one of those franchises to one of its sub-developers and have them did what Retro Studios did with Metroid series. Hopefully even Nintendo charged Retro with makeing a game for one of those series (really hopeing its a star fox wii)
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="PeterPerson"][QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]I wish Nintendo would pay attention to the other well established franchises they have. We already know we're getting a new Zelda, but we know NOTHING on any other lesser franchise titles... [QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

PeterPerson

YES!!!

whats an ip?

meaning attach a new character to it

If the most you want out of kirby is a weak spin off then be my guest. It will continue to decline as series.

Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
If anything I wish we should get a new Actraiser.
PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PeterPerson
[QUOTE="PeterPerson"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="PeterPerson"][QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]I wish Nintendo would pay attention to the other well established franchises they have. We already know we're getting a new Zelda, but we know NOTHING on any other lesser franchise titles... [QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

Cyber-

YES!!!

whats an ip?

If the most you want out of kirby is a weak spin off then be my guest. It will continue to decline as series.

ew no! it would lose its greatness. and cuteness! :P

a new kirby adventure would be fun as well. but air ride was so fun! did you ever even play it?

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="PeterPerson"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="PeterPerson"][QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]I wish Nintendo would pay attention to the other well established franchises they have. We already know we're getting a new Zelda, but we know NOTHING on any other lesser franchise titles... [QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

PeterPerson

YES!!!

whats an ip?

ew no! it would lose its greatness. and cuteness! :P

a new kirby adventure would be fun as well. but air ride was so fun! did you ever even play it?

I own it because I thought it would be good. I guess as many of these games I am mentioning are not as terrible as I am making them out to be but it was such an utter dissappointment when I was expecting the transformation we got from Mario 64. I am still waiting for the Mario 64 of Kirby games.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#29 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts
I agree with Cyber-..Nintendo should make new games for its franchises that are actual games that isn't a racing or fighting or a party game.. Not Kirby's Air Ride or a Dk Bongo game or a Mario Party. We need a new sequel to a DK64 or a new Kid Icarus game.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Yeah, a new Kid Icarus game for the Wii and a DK platformer for the Wii too, would be great if donde correctly.