DK Barrel Blast ...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KenSPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KenSPT
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts

On my lunch break from work I headed to a local Gamespot and grabbed DK Barrel Blast.

I haven't read much about it, but am definitely looking forward to getting home tonight and playing it.

Anyone played it yet? If so, thoughts?

- Ken

3zoozM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 3zoozM
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
didnt you atleast watch a video or read a review, from what ive seen, i dont think its that good, see for yourself, cuz in the end youll be the one whos gunna play it, not me. it might be good for multie players though.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
I haven't played it, and I don't plan to. Looks pretty bad to me.
stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stevoluvmunch
Member since 2005 • 1176 Posts
return it to the store on your way home...
Drkr_Zen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Drkr_Zen
Member since 2004 • 7330 Posts

The best thing to do is go to YouTube and search for a DK Barrel Blast Video Tour. There's one on there by Josh Thomas, from WiiFolder.com, and he gives great insights and information on Wii titles.

A friend picked up the game based on the video and its actually really fun. If I hadn't already got Dewy's Adventure, I would have got DKBB. There's only 16 racers, courses and items.. but there's plenty of challenges, gameplay is actually fun and there's just a lot to do. Multiplayer is a blast, too.. cuz you're going crazy doing weird Wiimote motions alongside a friend and we couldn't help but crack up.

Visuals are Cube quality, of course.. as this is what Donkey Kong Racing, a cancelled Cube title, was going to be, but one thing about Nintendo games.. no matter the console, they have polish and this game looks and plays pretty good. Its nothing like Mario Kart, but like I said.. its still pretty damn good, in my opinion.

Of course, it doesn't play in HD or have online, (oh and its not on the XBOX360 lol jk jk..) so expect many, along with GameSpot, to see it as a mediocre title, at best.

KenSPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KenSPT
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts

I only had the chance to play it for a half hour last night, but I found it to be pretty simple to grasp and fun to play once you got into it. Thus far I think it's a fun little game, and I enjoyed playing it.

Also, to the last poster, I agree with you about why some people will call it a mediocre title.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
I wanted this game when it was originally announced for the Gamecube cause it was going to use the Gamecube bongos instead of a controller... (I wish I had more uses for my gamecube bongos) but now Im really not that interested.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts
The reviews have been pretty bad, so I probably won't bother with it. It's rather disappointing, because it could have been a great game.
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
odd for nintendo to release something thats getting mediocre reviews
dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
it looks like an ok game but not even comparable to mario kart. if you really desperate for a racer and have beaten or are bored of excite truck you should get it.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
It got Lair'd here. 4.5
cheesenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 cheesenator
Member since 2005 • 138 Posts

I wanted this game when it was originally announced for the Gamecube cause it was going to use the Gamecube bongos instead of a controller... (I wish I had more uses for my gamecube bongos) but now Im really not that interested.ag1052

try playing melee with your bongos....it's pretty fun. We did this in my friends house when we had 4 ppl to 3 controllers

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

[QUOTE="ag1052"]I wanted this game when it was originally announced for the Gamecube cause it was going to use the Gamecube bongos instead of a controller... (I wish I had more uses for my gamecube bongos) but now Im really not that interested.cheesenator

try playing melee with your bongos....it's pretty fun. We did this in my friends house when we had 4 ppl to 3 controllers

Interesting idea.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
DK: BB is underrated...