Disabling the touchscreen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

squeakyreaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 squeakyreaper
Member since 2006 • 272 Posts

Copypasta from FFTA2 forums. I really, REALLY want to play my damn game.

"

Mmmkay, my touchscreen broke. I'm getting a new DS soon (hopefully), but I figured I could hold out for a while by playing FFTA2... just to find out that it uses the touchscreen. Unfortunately, my touchscreen isn't broke in the way that it can't be read, but broke in the way that the game thinks I'm touching the bottom right of the screen impossibly quickly. So when I go to do anything (like move or select a target) the cursor scrolls all the way to the bottom left until it can't go anymore. Then I found out the configuration screen doesn't have an option to turn off the touchscreen. I literally cried.

Is there anyway to disable the touchscreen, make it stop screwing up, turn off the option... something. (Sand is jammed under the frame and I can't get it out - never play a DS at the beach)

"

GreatSlayer980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 GreatSlayer980
Member since 2008 • 147 Posts

Copypasta from FFTA2 forums. I really, REALLY want to play my damn game.

"

Mmmkay, my touchscreen broke. I'm getting a new DS soon (hopefully), but I figured I could hold out for a while by playing FFTA2... just to find out that it uses the touchscreen. Unfortunately, my touchscreen isn't broke in the way that it can't be read, but broke in the way that the game thinks I'm touching the bottom right of the screen impossibly quickly. So when I go to do anything (like move or select a target) the cursor scrolls all the way to the bottom left until it can't go anymore. Then I found out the configuration screen doesn't have an option to turn off the touchscreen. I literally cried.

Is there anyway to disable the touchscreen, make it stop screwing up, turn off the option... something. (Sand is jammed under the frame and I can't get it out - never play a DS at the beach)

"

squeakyreaper
recalibrate the ds screen.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
recalibrate the ds screen.GreatSlayer980