Digital or Retail?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I just bought and installed a 32gb SDHC memory card in my 3DS ( for $20 dollars by the way, Sony, are you listening? )

Anyway, i am having a hard time committing to downloading games that i can buy retail. I just preordered Fire Emblem, Castlevania and Luigis Mansion from Amazon, but i could just simply download them from the Nintendo e-store when the time comes. How will i ever fill up this memory card if i never download games, lol. I think part of the problem for me is that not all games are available on the e-store. I have Resident Evil Revelations and Kingdom Hearts on my shelf so i feel like i want to have a collection. Now i have to consider whether or not to split up my game library with physical or digital copies. Its easier for me on the "other " handheld system because ALL the games are available for digital download, so i have no problem filling up a 32 gig memeory card. Gahhh...what to do...?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i buy both...

if its an online game ..i buy digital so that i can play that game anytime i want without taking the singleplayer game i am currently playing from the system..

if its a singleplayer game with no online or online that i will never use then i buy it retail.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i buy both...

if its an online game ..i buy digital so that i can play that game anytime i want without taking the singleplayer game i am currently playing from the system..

if its a singleplayer game with no online or online that i will never use then i buy it retail.

KBFloYd

my bad...

just saw this was the 3ds forum...i thought it was the wiiU forum...

yea its hard to fill a 32 card on 3ds...virtual console takes up no space....i guess buying eshop games and the occasional game will do for 3ds..

i already bought mario kart digital and a crossword game to get that free donkey kong game.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Retail only, I collect games and I enjoy having a physical case. I will of course get things that are digital only too.
slapshakle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 slapshakle
Member since 2004 • 4410 Posts

I buy retail becasue you can always find the game for cheaper than they charge on the eshop.

Avatar image for XxOskarxXTBXx51
XxOskarxXTBXx51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 XxOskarxXTBXx51
Member since 2010 • 151 Posts

For whatever stupid reason, the retail games on 3DS are cheaper than digital.

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
I buy digital because I like having all my games available at any time. I do buy retail but given the option I will buy digital I just wish Nintendo would encourage other studios to take any titles released prior to 2013 and rereleasing their games digitally. I don't care about paying more.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I'm going to be making my first digital purchase on monday. FE: A is 40 bucks whether I get it from the store or the eShop, so I might as well save the gas money.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Retail. Always retail. 

I'll have a physical copy of the game that's likely cheaper than the download version, and I can do whatever I want with it, including selling it and lending it...

Also, going to gamestop to pick up Fire Emblem is going to be a lot faster than downloading it. :P

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Retail only, I collect games and I enjoy having a physical case. I will of course get things that are digital only too. YoshiYogurt
This.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Retail because I like looking at my collection of games every once in a while :p but to be honest, if the games were cheaper digital than retail then I would go digital. It's nice to have my games on the SD card instead of swapping cartridges all the time.
videog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 videog
Member since 2011 • 327 Posts
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]Retail only, I collect games and I enjoy having a physical case. I will of course get things that are digital only too. Cloud_765
This.

I third this statement
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]Retail only, I collect games and I enjoy having a physical case. I will of course get things that are digital only too. Cloud_765
This.

Ditto. I prefer buying the actual copies of the game. But I do download the Virtual Console, 3D Classics & few Pokemon games & I did download the Paper Mario Sticker Star just so I can get the exclusive Donkey Kong game (although I did bought the original copy, its untouch & unused).

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

[QUOTE="Cloud_765"][QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]Retail only, I collect games and I enjoy having a physical case. I will of course get things that are digital only too. BigBen11111

This.

Ditto. I prefer buying the actual copies of the game. But I do download the Virtual Console, 3D Classics & few Pokemon games & I did download the Paper Mario Sticker Star just so I can get the exclusive Donkey Kong game (although I did bought the original copy, its untouch & unused).

that is a bit of wasted money, dont you think?
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
normally i buy both and support digital more but i have a small sd card at this time so i stick with retail on the 3ds at this time
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBen11111"]

[QUOTE="Cloud_765"] This. Videodogg

that is a bit of wasted money, dont you think?

Perhaps, but I'm a video game collector so it doesn't phase me.