Did you like Advance Wars Days of Ruin Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stomachking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stomachking
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I personally thought it was the best out of the series. What about you?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Any particular reason?

What was done in this version that made you think it's the best?

trippp11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 trippp11
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
i liked it just because it was portable and war like. nice colors, decent gameplay, online was very bad but over all 6 outa 10
VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts
looks fun --I might pick it up during lunch.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
I heard a lot of good things about these advance wars games but I'm a little sceptical about this game. It's mainly because its score is so much lower than it's previous games. I'm wondering if this is truely a great game in its own right or is it just feeding off of popularity from the previous advance wars games.
ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts
I liked the game, but after I got Dungeon Explorer Warriors Of Ancient Arts I havnt played it much. Then just yesterday I began playin DQMJ. The game just didnt interest me much.
sc_ajk29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 sc_ajk29
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts
It's OK, but it is definitely the worst in the series as of now.
EnterSandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EnterSandman
Member since 2003 • 339 Posts

I heard a lot of good things about these advance wars games but I'm a little sceptical about this game. It's mainly because its score is so much lower than it's previous games. I'm wondering if this is truely a great game in its own right or is it just feeding off of popularity from the previous advance wars games.Lyphe2k

I've played them all, and this game is really underrated. I think it deserves at least an 8.5 or higher. I mean, it'd be even better if you've never played an AW game before. I would recommend it to fans and newcomers alike, so there's not much to be skeptical about. There are A LOT of varying opinions on which AW game is the best, but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

sc_ajk29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 sc_ajk29
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]I heard a lot of good things about these advance wars games but I'm a little sceptical about this game. It's mainly because its score is so much lower than it's previous games. I'm wondering if this is truely a great game in its own right or is it just feeding off of popularity from the previous advance wars games.EnterSandman

I've played them all, and this game is really underrated. I think it deserves at least an 8.5 or higher. I mean, it'd be even better if you've never played an AW game before. I would recommend it to fans and newcomers alike, so there's not much to be skeptical about. There are A LOT of varying opinions on which AW game is the best, but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

This game is incredibly overrated, actually. I would recommend it to newcomers, but not to series fans.

@Lyphe2k: The second reason you stated is probably the most correct.

stomachking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stomachking

It was the best in the series because it had a great story line, was less cartoonish, more realistic, great Wi-Fi( You can make a map and trade it with people around the world, you can also battle on Wi-Fi.) On top of it it's the best D.S. Game and by far the best Advance War Game.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Its story line didn't really live up to expectations (personally)

As my first Advance Wars, I gotta say, I wasn't impressed. I;m just used to this company making Fire Emblem, which has characters that have actual Faces. I heard that in the other games there are CO's, characters you can associate with.

Cepasa221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cepasa221
Member since 2003 • 274 Posts
i liked it
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
I have AW2, AWDS, and now AW DoR, and I must say this is the best AW yet.
CreepyNerd90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CreepyNerd90
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
My favorite of them all. Played the previous ones, and this one is definitely my favorite. The story is just as cheesy, but I love the bigger emphasis on actual strategy rather than the CO powers, or God Powers for some of them, to allude to another great strategy game ;)
Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts

People have said Advance Wars is like Fire Emblem (on other sites). That's totally untrue.

Being an FE fanatic, I was severely disappointed with DoR's un-Fire Emblemness, which makes me hate it a bit, but for my first Advance Wars, it was a really good game, although Campaign is a bit lame.

Overall, 8.5/10 (I'm putting the lies of being similar to Fire Emblem aside)

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
[QUOTE="EnterSandman"]

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]I heard a lot of good things about these advance wars games but I'm a little sceptical about this game. It's mainly because its score is so much lower than it's previous games. I'm wondering if this is truely a great game in its own right or is it just feeding off of popularity from the previous advance wars games.sc_ajk29

This game is incredibly overrated, actually. I would recommend it to newcomers, but not to series fans.

@Lyphe2k: The second reason you stated is probably the most correct.

Then I guess it works out for me. I've never played an AW game and seeing as I can't find Duel Strike anywhere, I've decided to buy this one.

VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts
Got it and I like it :D
hugey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hugey
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts
First time i tried advance wars and got hooked instantly.. good game.. might try playing the previous AW next..
foreversai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 foreversai
Member since 2004 • 1801 Posts
I'm a lover of the series, and i think it's the best in it. It sorts of bring the game back to a new start, with the changes to how many things worked.
And if you actually compare it to Dual Strike, they are kinda very different, especially if you look at the super powerful CO powers in Dual Strike.

The only thing that i actually dislike is how some COs being kinda too weak when compared to those Top-tier ones.
Maybe they will buff up those weaker COs to make all the COs competitive.

In all, i would say i like Dual Strike's "Big Impact" CO Powers, and Days of Ruin's balanced play.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts
It's OK, but it is definitely the worst in the series as of now.sc_ajk29
Yeah I agree. Either advance wars 2 black hole rising or advance wars dual strike were the best.
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

Its story line didn't really live up to expectations (personally)

As my first Advance Wars, I gotta say, I wasn't impressed. I;m just used to this company making Fire Emblem, which has characters that have actual Faces. I heard that in the other games there are CO's, characters you can associate with.

TalesofRaGnArOk

Well if you bought Advance Wars expecting Fire Emblem it's only natural to be disappointed. Advance Wars is a great series for what it is - a simple strategy game to get into, which also has a great depth - but it's not fire emblem.

ZX_Derek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZX_Derek
The Advance Wars Days of Ruins is the awesome Game with new characters, and they have the Ruins Terrain which I like.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

to answer you question.

yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
It's INCREDIBLE addictive. I must say that I expected a darker history, but nevertheless it's an awesome game. The graphics, sound and gameplay. And, of course, the multiplayer. It's really unterrated, it deserved a 9, minimun.
Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

I've played all the Advance Wars. My favorite is Dual Strike.

DOR is a great game and I enjoy playing it, but I don't like DOR as much as the other games because of all the stuff it removed from the series, especially the war room. The training missions are a poor substitute for the war room -- there just aren't that many maps. Free Battle has the war room maps, but it doesn't score you so it takes a lot of the fun out of it. It would have been great to have been able to play all the free battle maps with the new COs to see if you could get an S with all of them. I don't understand why they cut the scoring system out.

Of course being the least favored game in a series as excellent as Advance Wars isn't that bad of a thing. I don't think DOR deserved to be scored that much lower than the other games.