Did I race against a cheater?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I was playing MKwii (have only had it about a week) and was racing online. This Japanese guy logs on with a rating over 9000 and I swear without having to constantly slide or boost he was going at least twice as fast as everyone else. Even in a 12 player race on the SNES ghost house course (a small one) no one but him finished because he was done at least 30 seconds before everyone else...in fact, that happened on every course. He was riding a bike.

Is there something about boosting I don't know? Are bikes just better? Is he just really good? Or was it hax?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Theres no hacks in the game, hes probably just really good.
IcE-Fu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 IcE-Fu-
Member since 2005 • 3590 Posts
he knows how to snake.. so i guess there is a way to snake in MKWII
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 goblaa
Still, I've been playing all week online and this guy was going at least 200% faster than every person I have played so far. Not one other person was able to finish a single course because he got done a full 30 seconds before everyone else did.
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts

I was playing MKwii (have only had it about a week) and was racing online. This Japanese guy logs on with a rating over 9000 and I swear without having to constantly slide or boost he was going at least twice as fast as everyone else. Even in a 12 player race on the SNES ghost house course (a small one) no one but him finished because he was done at least 30 seconds before everyone else...in fact, that happened on every course. He was riding a bike.

Is there something about boosting I don't know? Are bikes just better? Is he just really good? Or was it hax?

goblaa

Bikes get a boost when you weelie you can wellie the entire race. Btw the japenese's guy skill is OVER 9000!!!!!

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

EmperorZeruel

Bikes get a boost when you weelie you can wellie the entire race. Btw the japenese's guy skill is OVER 9000!!!!!

Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

I ve raced a guy that pretty much skips the race. If u look at the map, his head is just skipping through the race.

Really weird

tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

EmperorZeruel

i just lold
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

goblaa

Well theres your problem.

gdorf101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gdorf101
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

I had some similar experiences. I don't know if your guy was cheating or not, since he did have over 9000 and was on a bike (which can wheelie and are overall stupidly over powerful in MK. I mean come on, the game's called mariokart, not mario kart plus bikes. wheelieing is the new snaking! yea!..)

Anyway.. I once raced a guy that had below 5000, like 4700 or something. He was baby mario in a plane bike or something. As I was bowser on a bike (I converted to a bike, because it's the only way to consistently win. I feel so dirty..), even while wheelie-ing, he was going so much faster it was ridiculous. My guest and I were pelting him with so many things, I was powersliding every turn, wheelieing every chance possible, and nobody could get anywhere near him.

Then on DK Summit, I'd watch him literally Jump over the huge pits, and stop immediately on the other side so that he wouldn't fall in the pit. The physics of mariokart would've made him keep going even if breaking, and fall into the other pit.

My guess was that he was either an insanely good racer that was playing on his friend's account to boost his number while I was lagging like crazy and was seeing things (even though I have a wired connection on a fiber optics network), or that he was a cheater and was maybe banned every now and then, causing him to have a low score. No other time have I experienced anything similar, so I'm thinking it's the latter.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 goblaa
I knew there would be DBZ jokes as soon as I wrote that...:D
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts
I've had a similar experience, while racing some guy he had a score of about 8000, but every-time he'd fall off a cliff or something, he'd magically teleport like 20 seconds ahead of everyone else. he won every game and was ridiculously fast.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11985 Posts
Nope, you can't cheat in N games.
SolemnJedi79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolemnJedi79
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts

The 'skipping' is called Positional Lag, it happens when the data from the Wii to the Server gets reset, MK just keeps the characters position travelling on their present course until the data reconnects, which sometimes makes it appear as if they're falling off cliffs then re-appearing.

However, because of this, it could present cheating opportunities, because by jumping the connection and reconnecting, your position will lag and no ones items will be able to hit you as well as your position will appear to jump. I'm certain there's some cheaters out there.

Fatkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fatkiwi
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

I knew there would be DBZ jokes as soon as I wrote that...:Dgoblaa

DBZ jokes are on every corner... waiting to atack their prey.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
I'v played some truly exellent karters. Sometimes it seems that they cheat, but there are people that are just that good. I'm over 8000 and consistenly win, even after 3 blue shell attacks. But I lose as well, and by lose I mean lose points cause I got less than 2nd place and that what happens when you have these kinds of points.
izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 izayoi
Member since 2003 • 1718 Posts
Doing a wheelie has it's weakness. Bump into the person. But if the person is far.. then there's no point. Unless the person gets bombarded with a spiny shell, pow block, and lightning.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

he knows how to snake.. so i guess there is a way to snake in MKWIIIcE-Fu-

MKWii was supposed to fix that. Im not playing if it's possible.

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts
If you ever see him again, just stay behind and try to screw him up, and towards the end of the race, disconnect. Or just disonnect.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

Nope, you can't cheat in N games.gatsbythepig

There are ways to telport and skip the area and break your fall etc... It happens but most people have the decency to play fair and it makes the game much more fun. I dont really care about VR, its just there for the hell of it. You could be first and gain 100 points and then come 8th and lose 120 :?

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

[QUOTE="IcE-Fu-"]he knows how to snake.. so i guess there is a way to snake in MKWIIawssk8er716

There is no snaking or major snaking to make a difference.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
the modercycle does go faster when you wellie but i dont know how much faster.
musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts

he probably was lagging when you were looking at him so he like he would go everywhere

musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts
i think that guy is in my game now
NESGuy83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NESGuy83
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
I think that there has to be some kind of hax because I was winning every race almost and stopped playing online for a week or so after I got it to unlock more karts/characters. Then, I logged on about a week ago again online to play and these people were running into the cars on Moonview Highway and then getting speed boosts from it instead of getting hit !! I have also seen similar "cheats" as the others on here are experiencing. If you are not good, then you shouldn't play online and not cheat !!
Stevendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stevendawg
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts
He is asian, did you expect to have a chance?
St0ned_R4ider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 St0ned_R4ider
Member since 2007 • 312 Posts
He was most likely hacking if it was really that bad. I don't doubt that losers have already found a way to ruin this game like they do with every other multiplayer game.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
I lol'd at over 9000.
Jesteroflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Jesteroflies
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

The 'skipping' is called Positional Lag, it happens when the data from the Wii to the Server gets reset, MK just keeps the characters position travelling on their present course until the data reconnects, which sometimes makes it appear as if they're falling off cliffs then re-appearing.

However, because of this, it could present cheating opportunities, because by jumping the connection and reconnecting, your position will lag and no ones items will be able to hit you as well as your position will appear to jump. I'm certain there's some cheaters out there.

SolemnJedi79

Great all we need now is cheaters. i have experienced it as well but o well. i enjoy the game without wanting to win. it isnt about winning its about having fun.

DryBomber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 DryBomber5
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

Good question, I don't really know. I'm almost 100% positive there is no wii action replay, so it probably wasn't hack.

Maybe it had something to do with the connection? Maybe, I mean when i'm driving I go as fast as possible. Yet people are still able to pass me. You can't really snake in this game.

It probably had to do with the bike he was using, and the connection.

bball_freak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 bball_freak_2
Member since 2006 • 1609 Posts

[QUOTE="IcE-Fu-"]he knows how to snake.. so i guess there is a way to snake in MKWIIawssk8er716

there is no way, hes not snaking.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

bike? maybe hes doing that boost for bonus speed in straight lines, the one only for bikes... cant remember the name.

but to beat 30 faster? either hes way too good or you and the players were very bad compared to him

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Nah, I have a friend who is really good. Well over the 9000 point mark, and beats me often with well over 20-30 seconds remaining. The person you played might be cheating, but there are people out there that are really that good.
riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 riseneclipse
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
as long as it doesnt happen really often i dont mind. MKWii has amazing online, and ive enjoyed every minute of it so far. now all i got to do is get as good as i was in MKDS and ill start winning :P
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 goblaa
Yeah, I really don't mind being that it has only happened once so far. I don't really care about isolated instances. But, man was he far ahead. Cheating or not, i can just drop out and join another group.
SolemnJedi79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SolemnJedi79
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts
Has anyone seen any 9000 players that use Karts yet? I really hate bikes and will never turn to the darkside, I prefer Mario KART :P But I don't think I've ever been consistently beaten in a Kart yet, most if not all of the consistent winners use Bikes.
Sgt_Napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Sgt_Napalm
Member since 2008 • 1811 Posts

WHAT NINE THOUSAND?!

/4 chan meme.

It's not so far fetched. It happens. I've seen people fly about the stage in metroid hunters.

badhoagie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 badhoagie91
Member since 2007 • 731 Posts
no, you raced me, and you got smoked.