Did anyone else not enjoy their time with TOTK?

hajimasan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By hajimasan
Member since 2023 • 2 Posts

I'm disappointed I didn't enjoy my time with TOTK. As someone who wasn't completely in love with BOTW but enjoyed their time playing the main game and it's DLC, I assumed I would enjoy TOTK since I haven't been crazy about the Switch since its initial hype died down for me.

After putting 15 hours into the game I realized I wouldn't enjoy the experience but understood what makes the game great. I just don't enjoy the building experience and dealing with the world of Hyrule didn't appeal to me. Now I have nothing interesting or appealing thats coming out for the Switch for me xvideos.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I set a waypoint on the map and it takes 2 hours to get there, yeah but I don't hate it I just don't play all day I like to play for an hour and set it down.

neogeo2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 neogeo2k2
Member since 2019 • 145 Posts

I couldn’t get into it myself.

But I also didn’t care for BOTW.

I’m just not into the building stuff.

A Link Between Worlds is still my favorite game

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 910 Posts

The building doesn't excite me either- gives the game a weird pace to be stuck and figure out the puzzle of how to build correctly.

I haven't played the game in about 2 weeks- I've been putting all my time into finishing my current run of FF7.

But I am looking forward to going back. I just decide which chunk of the map I want to explore next, go to the tower first, then find as many shrines, caves, and other points of interest as I want and then move on to the next. For someone with a brain like me that really helps me not get overwhelmed by the open world xD but luckily I'm also not ocd about having to find everything before I can move on.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yeah it's not my cup of tea either, same as BOTW. I just don't like this style of Zelda, they're too big and frankly a little frustrating.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

Totally get why it's not for everyone. Personally can't put it down, but I still can't help but miss more traditional Zeldas. If this is what they have in mind for the future of mainline Zelda games, I hope they continue to make more traditional Zeldas on the side, or find a neat way to combine the open world style with themed dungeons, classic tool items and whatnot.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4574 Posts

I see why it is not for everyone, but I personally love exploring the world. I have loved all the different style of Zelda games. I would love to see them do more new isometric Zelda games in the future. I feel like there is a space for both styles of games.

Aandyjbkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aandyjbkr
Member since 2022 • 5 Posts

I find these new Zelda's too unstructured and get easily overwhelmed without a set story path. I find it too much that the game starts and it is for you to decide what to do!