Could Skyward Sword possibly have multiplayer?....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts

I was just thinking about the battle system in TP, how you must strike at a certain angle in order to defeat certain enemies. Then, I begin thinking how awesome it would be to include a coliseum or dungeon where players can compete/fight each other. Since the game is being made by one of the developers who made the DS games, I can see them implementing a multiplayer feature for Skyward Sword.....

What would be more awesome, in my opinion, is if they include a feature that was in SSB: Brawl, and that would be the ability to make stages. They will include a feature in the game that would allow us to make a dungeon to fight in, and upload to Nintendo. Then Nintendo would handpick a 20 or so stages that everyone can compete on each day online. And you know what, lets include a feature from Golden Sun where you must complete a series of test to reach the top of the stage. The person who get's there first, gets an edge of having a better weapon to combat with. That would be an awesome feature to me, though lag may kill the fun...

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

It's certainly possible. I hope not though. I want them to concentrate on making the best damn single player Zelda game they can conceive of. I don't want them sacrificing the traditional SP experience by spending time on a multiplayer.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
I really, really, REALLY hope not.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Im going to reiterate the general consensus here and say oh **** no! unless its a bonus freebie remake/sequel of four swords with online play :D.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I think its about possible as it being a FPS.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tocool340
Actually, I think it would better better if they proceed with that type of game for a new four swords adventure only.....:P But I, myself, at least see the possibility of a return Dark Link. If he is in the game, I wouldn't be surprise if he was the hardest enemy in the game since he'd be mimicking our moves like he does in OoT. And since he would be using Link stance, I see him being a prick to defeat....
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

The developers could implement something similar to Wind Waker's Tingle Tuner. It'd be less clunky, as there would be no need for any wires and a lot of people own a DS. I liked the Tingle Tuner, and it'd be fun have something like it again. Although really, most of the time, it was just myself playing the game and the Tingle Tuner, rather than someone else using it.:P

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No Multiplayer in Single player games please.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
They don't have to have Dark Link mirror you now that you have full combat control, its actually limiting to the combat to do it that way. They could just give him your moves and cut him loose. Let you beat him in a straight up fight, where he can use the same moves as you.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tocool340

LegatoSkyheart
Yeah. I think it would be best to save the idea for another four swords adventure rather than worry about something trivial for the upcoming skyward sword....:P
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
I guess it's possible but it would seem gimmicky so I dont care and would just have a single player.
BurninBluber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BurninBluber
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts
No, no, and what was the third one? Hmmm......... Oh yeah, no.
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

Created you're own dungeons does sound like a cool idea actually. Not sure how likely it'll be, but if pulled off well, I'd like it. The colliseum, I don't know. They have multiplayer sword fighting in Sports Resort, so it seems possible. I probably won't spend much time in it personally though. But if they can add it as an addition without sacrificing the quality of the single player mode, they can do what they like.

AndromedasWake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AndromedasWake
Member since 2010 • 256 Posts

It's certainly possible. I hope not though. I want them to concentrate on making the best damn single player Zelda game they can conceive of. I don't want them sacrificing the traditional SP experience by spending time on a multiplayer.

m0zart
Yeah, I agree with this. Zelda doesn't need multiplayer, at all.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

LegatoSkyheart

Same here

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#16 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I can't see them doing that with a normal Zelda game.