Cool Casual Looking Nintendo 3DS Case

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MicrosoftISdumb
MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 MicrosoftISdumb
Member since 2005 • 1959 Posts

Before the 3DS came out and right when it launched I was on a hunt for a nice 3DS case. I'm the type of person who doesn't like flashy stuff. I just wanted a minimalistic case that looked casual/professional, offered some form of protection, could carry games, and was portable.

Well I found the perfect case if you want all of the above. Its called the madcatz 3ds microsuede Touch Pak. I don't want to spam any links so, click the link below and check out sites like Amazon or Gamestop (I think they are the only ones selling it and its sold out on Amazon).

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=madcatz+3ds+microsuede+Touch+Pak

Its an awesome case. I got the black one to match my black 3ds. They also sell a grey, dark blue, and red case. The case has three slots for DS/3DS games (if you keep a game in your 3DS you can travel with 4 games ;) ). It comes with two large retractable stylus pens (you click the pen and the pointer retracts), although these styluses are way to big to be portable... I like my Nintendo stylus more The case is thin enough to fit in your pocket too with a 3DS inside! It is not a heavily reinforced case, so don't expect it to protect the 3DS from big drops.

Just thought I should spread the idea.

Here's a picture too:

Madcatz 3DS case

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts
I almost bought that case but it only holds 3 games plus when its shut it still has holes on the sides. I bought the slip folio case which is great but its bigger than I wanted so I also bought the expedition case which is phenomenal. It holds a ton of games, extra stylus' and is super protective.
SnowyPaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SnowyPaws
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

Woe thanks Micro. That case is just what I have been looking for.. I'm going to be stalking Amazon till the red one comes back in stock..

I couldn't find the dark blue one any where so not sure what shade of blue it actually is or id prob get the blue one instead.. but the red one is a pretty shade of burgandy (or so it appears to me) .

Avatar image for r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
Member since 2009 • 448 Posts

I have that case. But I use the Nintendo Club case I got with my points. much nicer.

MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MicrosoftISdumb

I almost bought that case but it only holds 3 games plus when its shut it still has holes on the sides. I bought the slip folio case which is great but its bigger than I wanted so I also bought the expedition case which is phenomenal. It holds a ton of games, extra stylus' and is super protective. SRTtoZ
It has open areas on the side but the great thing is that the microsuede hangs off on the side. So if you were to drop it on its side, the microsuede would hit the ground and not the 3DS casing. The case is also really stiff. The inside is soft but the outside is stiff like a board. The expedition case would make me look like a Tron superfan. :P They have another color style but that looks just as bad. Just my two sense. :D

Woe thanks Micro. That case is just what I have been looking for.. I'm going to be stalking Amazon till the red one comes back in stock..

I couldn't find the dark blue one any where so not sure what shade of blue it actually is or id prob get the blue one instead.. but the red one is a pretty shade of burgandy (or so it appears to me) .

SnowyPaws
Go to your local gamestop, they pretty much had all the colors when I went there. btw, here's a pic of the blue one: Pic of Blue 3DS case

fer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fer-
Member since 2010 • 318 Posts
i got this case as well, its servicable and nice enough for now...but I am on the look out for a better one that I like _alot_ better, but not knowing if such a thing will exist anytime soon this is the one I went with for now :)
MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MicrosoftISdumb
i got this case as well, its servicable and nice enough for now...but I am on the look out for a better one that I like _alot_ better, but not knowing if such a thing will exist anytime soon this is the one I went with for now :)fer-
I'm just wondering, what do you want more of? Do you want more storage? Is portability important? Do you want more protection? Perhaps someone could give you some suggestions. I LOVE this case because as of now there isn't a case that looks this casual that can hold this many games and is this portable (can easily fit in my jean pockets without looking super ridiculous.
The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

I got the red one :twisted: It's pretty sweet, but I'll be ebaying it for one that offers better protection as soon as I find one.

SnowyPaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SnowyPaws
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

AHh cool, ty Micro.

now i know that i like the red one more then the blue dispite the fact my fav color is blue.

Since I could only find the black one on the gamestop site I'll have to take a drive to the one nearest me (40 mins away :( ) and check out what all they have (after I call to make sure they have some in stock that is ) .

thanks again Micro :)

bls_essex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bls_essex
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

Why do they have the button clasp where you have to push the button in to close it? Wouldn't that damage your screen over time? It would have been better if they used velcro or a magnet.

I got one of these and I'm happy with it.