Component cables or not...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KevanSmoliak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KevanSmoliak
Member since 2003 • 37 Posts
I'm considering purchasing a 32" LCD HDTV and will probably buy the Wii Component cables but have heard the VC games have some trouble. And since like any true gamer I love collecting the classics I don't want the component cables to hinder my play. So, anybody with experience with the component cables so far that could offer some advice? Thanks.
Baums101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Baums101
Member since 2006 • 249 Posts
the component cabels greatly enhance the visuals of wii, they make it more clear and brighter, buy the cabels directly from nintendo's online store so you get 1st party ones you know will be good
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
The cables don't do anything, it's the widescreen and the games being stretched.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts
The component cable makes a difference.  I was in the middle of Zelda when I got mine, and it looked better right away.  Then I went and revisited a few places and there were a lot of details I didn't notice with the regular cable.  My GC games, which didn't look quite as good on the Wii as they did on my GC (with a component cable) looked as good as ever when I played them with the Wii component cable. I've downloaded a few VC games and they look great too.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

The cables don't do anything, it's the widescreen and the games being stretched.Jaysonguy

Huh?

Anyways you could never go wrong when upgrading to better cables.

NickActon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NickActon
Member since 2003 • 406 Posts
component cables are a must if you have an hdtv.. even though the wii doesnt support hd graphics, it sure as heck looks a lot better
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The cables don't do anything, it's the widescreen and the games being stretched.LINKloco

Huh?

He's worried that the cables hurt how the Virtual Console games look, they don't
What does hurt the Virtual Console games are the fact that if you have a widescreen TV the game are stretched to fit the screen. They're distorted.

He's not asking if it's better ot have the cables or not
NickActon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NickActon
[QUOTE="LINKloco"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The cables don't do anything, it's the widescreen and the games being stretched.Jaysonguy

Huh?

He's worried that the cables hurt how the Virtual Console games look, they don't
What does hurt the Virtual Console games are the fact that if you have a widescreen TV the game are stretched to fit the screen. They're distorted.

He's not asking if it's better ot have the cables or not

oh haha yea i missed that part...
NickActon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NickActon
you can just turn the widescreen mode off though when you have the component cables in... cuz ya know the cables arent meant for nes,snes, etc games.. they are to enhance the quality of wii/gc games