Complains on Meta Knight and Snake in Super Smash Bros.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Bangaaslayer
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts

I love SSBB. I go to tournaments regularly. 50% of the people who go use either Meta Knight or Snake. Those two characters are broken in this game. The majority of the time, (and when I say majority I'm referring to at least 80% the time) the winners of the tournament are either Snake or Meta Knight players. Ugh, it just sounds like I'm complaining but I just wanted to get my opinion out.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Well, I don't use either one of them. :P
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
They are top tiers. What else need to be said? The same happened with Melee: Most of the people used Fox and Falco.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

meta knight with hitstun=broken

meta knight is not broken but he's close sort of >_>

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

meta knight with hitstun=broken

meta knight is not broken but he's close sort of >_>

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
And I'm here thinkin that the majority of people that I have seen playin in Brawl, would be Ike.
thug9cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thug9cole
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts
thats good to hear i so wanta kick ass with solid snake once i get my funds right i spent 2 much money on mgs4 special edition and the special edition strat guide =( hehe
Avatar image for PresidentAktive
PresidentAktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PresidentAktive
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i wanna play ppl online hit me with your wii number and LETS BATTLE
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
I'm always using Snake :|
gronk-bonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gronk-bonk
Member since 2008 • 1951 Posts
u shouldnt get discourage, they are not unbeatable. I dont use any of those two and i win regularly online with a ratio of 80% but again online is totally different from tournaments. to bad i cant play anymore :cry:
tolliver_leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 tolliver_leon
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

players who are experienced and skilled can use snake very effectively

i thought he sucked at first, but I was proved wrong.

teh-pwns-the

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 teh-pwns-the
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
First important thing is that we are gonna have to all get over the fact that MK and snake are top tier, personally my main has a quite a few tricks against snake that makes him pretty rapable, however MK is beastly no matter which character you choose to try to play against him as, still there are things you can do, go tosmashboards
Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts
im so used to people sayin snake is useless. lol. anyway, there was alot of broken characters in brawl, but metal knight is only hard to beat if the person spams with him way too much. and snake is slow so with attacks most of the time so as long as ya dont let his explosives hit ya he cant do much if you move around him
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
I dont really like Meta Knight, the best thing about him is he has one of the best recovery options in the game.
Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts
I dont really like Meta Knight, the best thing about him is he has one of the best recovery options in the game.sman3579
I always thought it was his lightning fast attacks that were his best trait. :| Anyways, the reason people mostly play as Metaknight and Snake is because they are considered the best characters, and given the people are playing to win in tournaments they want to have odds in there favor.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
If you get good with Donkey Kong you could potentially pwn Snakes and Metas. Truth. That's why he's my secondary main. :D King Dedede and ROB are good counters for Snake too. ...and yea, Metaknight is too good. I guess Sakurai didn't want his favorite character lower than number one :P
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sman3579

[QUOTE="sman3579"]I dont really like Meta Knight, the best thing about him is he has one of the best recovery options in the game.TwilightSoilder
I always thought it was his lightning fast attacks that were his best trait. :| Anyways, the reason people mostly play as Metaknight and Snake is because they are considered the best characters, and given the people are playing to win in tournaments they want to have odds in there favor.

I wont really call them the best. In my opinion there are no good and bad characters and there never will be until one character is hated by everyone or is loved by everyone which will never happen.

I still think his recovery is his best trait but I wouldnt know because I only played with him about 10 times, mabye even less.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
I'm new to smash and have been playing metaknight cause hes cool. But I haven't found him to be very good. He's got a pretty hard to use smash. What's so good about him? Why is he unfair? I haven't noticed it yet. Then again, I'm a smash noob.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
Why doesn't Ike ever get any love:(???
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TwilightSoilder

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="sman3579"]I dont really like Meta Knight, the best thing about him is he has one of the best recovery options in the game.sman3579

I wont really call them the best. In my opinion there are no good and bad characters and there never will be until one character is hated by everyone or is loved by everyone which will never happen.

I still think his recovery is his best trait but I wouldnt know because I only played with him about 10 times, mabye even less.

That is the exact opposite logic for most tournament players, just saying.
Why doesn't Ike ever get any love:(???GamerBoy53
Because tournament players usually follow tiers and the tiers hate Ike. :P
KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

Meta Knight is my main.

I always win the tourneys with him:)

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
I don't play in tourneys, but I main Snake. I think the reason that Sakurai made Snake so beastly is that he can easily blow himself up. People who are really good with Snake (like tourney players and myself) know how to avoid his own explosions, and therefore reap the benefits of his moves without gaining extra damage from them. Snake controls different from any other character though, so he's hard to get used to. Once you realize that his tilts are amazing and that you should use his smashes sparingly (because they're so slow), you can own with him. As for Metaknight, he's just good overall. The only disadvantage of him that I can think of is that all of his specials leave him helpless.
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TwilightSoilder
I don't play in tourneys, but I main Snake. I think the reason that Sakurai made Snake so beastly is that he can easily blow himself up. People who are really good with Snake (like tourney players and myself) know how to avoid his own explosions, and therefore reap the benefits of his moves without gaining extra damage from them. Snake controls different from any other character though, so he's hard to get used to. Once you realize that his tilts are amazing and that you should use his smashes sparingly (because they're so slow), you can own with him. As for Metaknight, he's just good overall. The only disadvantage of him that I can think of is that all of his specials leave him helpless.AdRock92
Also, he is a bit of a light weight, I believe he is the 5th lightest character in Brawl.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
Ive yet to fight one great MK user, cant say the same for Snake, Ive played many beast Snake user. Usually no match for my Ike or Lucas though.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
I personally have more of a problem with G&W and Peach than I do Snake and MK.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

simple maths:

if the majority of players on a tourney choose those characters, isnt it obvious that the chance of the winner is a user being bigger?

movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts
Would I get laughed at if I used C. Falcon at a tourny? :P
XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
I use Meta Knight. No complaints for me.
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TwilightSoilder
Ive yet to fight one great MK user, cant say the same for Snake, Ive played many beast Snake user. Usually no match for my Ike or Lucas though.-Oath
Is that a challenge? :twisted:
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

I personally have more of a problem with G&W and Peach than I do Snake and MK.bc1391

Yeah, metaknight and snake are no problem for me, but I probably have the most trouble against Luigi. I play against level 9 computers, so maybe it's different for humans, but Luigi's comboing through perfect shielding, grabbing, and aerials is just devastating if you get caught in it.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sman3579
[QUOTE="sman3579"]

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="sman3579"]I dont really like Meta Knight, the best thing about him is he has one of the best recovery options in the game.TwilightSoilder

That is the exact opposite logic for most tournament players, just saying.
Why doesn't Ike ever get any love:(???GamerBoy53
Because tournament players usually follow tiers and the tiers hate Ike. :P

I see.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sman3579
I personally have more of a problem with G&W and Peach than I do Snake and MK.bc1391
Mr. G & W is my favorite and best character, I think a expert Game & Watch player could be a expert Snake and Meta Knight player. The only bad thing about Mr. G & W is hes the lightest character in the game.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
imo ike is the cheapest but i dont play in tourneys or against strangers online.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
MK has been my main since the day i got ssbb. i never go by tiers and i hate people who do
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TwilightSoilder
[QUOTE="bc1391"]I personally have more of a problem with G&W and Peach than I do Snake and MK.sman3579
Mr. G & W is my favorite and best character, I think a expert Game & Watch player could be a expert Snake and Meta Knight player. The only bad thing about Mr. G & W is hes the lightest character in the game.

For the record, I believe Jigglypuff is the lightest, G&W is the second lightest. Also, I agree, G&W could definitely take on a Snake or Metaknight player. It depends on skill who will win though.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sman3579
[QUOTE="sman3579"][QUOTE="bc1391"]I personally have more of a problem with G&W and Peach than I do Snake and MK.TwilightSoilder

For the record, I believe Jigglypuff is the lightest, G&W is the second lightest. Also, I agree, G&W could definitely take on a Snake or Metaknight player. It depends on skill who will win though.

I never knew pixls (or whatever G & W is made of) would be heavier then a creature (even though it is the Ballon Pokemon). Whats wrong with Nintendo. I am pretty sure G & W is the lightest because I was KO with him as low as 55 points damage.
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TwilightSoilder
[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="sman3579"][QUOTE="bc1391"]I personally have more of a problem with G&W and Peach than I do Snake and MK.sman3579

I never knew pixls (or whatever G & W is made of) would be heavier then a creature (even though it is the Ballon Pokemon). Whats wrong with Nintendo. I am pretty sure G & W is the lightest because I was KO with him as low as 55 points damage.

I got my information at Smashboards here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162546
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sman3579
[QUOTE="sman3579"][QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="sman3579"][QUOTE="bc1391"]I personally have more of a problem with G&W and Peach than I do Snake and MK.TwilightSoilder

I got my information at Smashboards here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162546

Like I said before, whats wrong with Nintendo!
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Good thing I use Link. He's not over popular I don't think.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

[QUOTE="-Oath"]Ive yet to fight one great MK user, cant say the same for Snake, Ive played many beast Snake user. Usually no match for my Ike or Lucas though.TwilightSoilder

Yes!! But keep the challenge in mind, my Wii is out of commission for the moment.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="sman3579"]I dont really like Meta Knight, the best thing about him is he has one of the best recovery options in the game.sman3579

*cough*PICHU*cough*

TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TwilightSoilder

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="-Oath"]Ive yet to fight one great MK user, cant say the same for Snake, Ive played many beast Snake user. Usually no match for my Ike or Lucas though.-Oath

Yes!! But keep the challenge in mind, my Wii is out of commission for the moment.

Bummer :( but don't worry, I'll remember. ;)
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sman3579
[QUOTE="sman3579"]

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="sman3579"]I dont really like Meta Knight, the best thing about him is he has one of the best recovery options in the game.alexh_99

*cough*PICHU*cough*

Some people liked Pichu, but 95% hated him. :P

Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bangaaslayer

Well regardless. in this thread I emphasized Snake more than MK. Its all about a ton of side tilts followed by an up tilt.

Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bangaaslayer

Well regardless. in this thread I emphasized Snake more than MK. Its all about a ton of side tilts followed by an up tilt.

miniduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 miniduck
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts

Snake is beatable when you're used to fighting him (though he is tough, for sure). Against Metaknight, you really just have to be able to predict what your opponent is going to do, get used to fighting top metaknights, and don't leave yourself open. But he IS the best character in the game, so there's no guaranteed metaknight-killer plan. So basically just get used to fighting people that are skilled with those 2 characters and look for patterns and tendencies in their movements.

And whoever said Ike was cheap... -_-

PK-er1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 PK-er1111
Member since 2005 • 609 Posts
I'd say that i've seen more Ikes in tournaments (or in casual play) than anyone else. I hardly ever snee Snakes.
Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bangaaslayer
You can completely get yourself used to a Snake player. It isn't impossible. But it's really tough especially since there are so many Snake players.
Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 Pesantez
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts
Thank god i use Link , DK and Mario. Link is a good king deded counter while DK is a good mk and snake counter. Nothing is for certian tho.