Character Ideas for Super Smash Bros. 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts

Well after seeing the reveal for Megaman and the E3 trailer for Smash Bros., I got pretty excited thinking about what possible new characters could appear in the next Super Smash Bros. 4. Now these suggestions may not seem that realistic, but all of them are possible, and more importantly what I think would be really cool additions.

1. Sora-Kingdom Hearts

Why?

Sora fits in perfectly with Smash Bros. style. He's got a really cool weapon, he has a wide variety of attacks including magic, and his personality fits in perfectly with Super Smash Bros. His moveset would translate over to  to Smash Bros. naturally. Sora is really a natural fit in the roster. There are several Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo platforms now, with the latest entry in the series, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, being exclusive to the 3DS. Sora is literally a perfect addition to Smash Bros.

Likeliness of being added?

Its very tough to judge. Nintendo has made it clear that they won't be frequently adding too many third party characters, but its hard for me to imagine Nintendo hasn't thought about it, because the Kingdom Hearts series has appeared on Nintendo platforms several times, and Sora is just a great fit. Nintendo is close enough with Square that I think that if they really wanted Sora in the game they very likely could, but once again, they don't seem to eager to get third parties. Right now Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't confirmed for the Wii-U, but its gone multiplatform and its a possibility especially if Wii-U sales improve. Right now its certainly possible, but not probable. Probably a 35% chance or so.

2. Mask Link- Legend of Zelda (Majora's Mask)

Why? (and who for this one)

Majora's Mask Link is really a character I thought about that would be just awesome. In Brawl Pokemon Trainer introduced a unique type of character, where we can switch between 3 completely different type of characters in battle. This could introduce several more characters, and not just from the Pokemon series. Majora's Mask Link could be a really awesome character. In Majora's Mask, Link had several masks. In Smash Bros., they could take 3 masks: Deku, Goron and Zora. The player could switch between these three masks with different movesets. I would much rather have this type of Link instead of a Toon Link or Young Link. I imagine it would be easy to carry the movesets into Smash Bros. This would be a unique character from Zelda franchise, without being too similar to regular Link. Also have him turn into Great Deity Link as his final smash.

While Nintendo easily has the ability to add a Mask Link into Smash Bros. its unlikely because atleast from what I've seen, it hasn't been really requested. Majora's Mask also came out a while ago, and its likely Nintendo will try to use characters from its latest game in the franchise Skyward Sword. Nintendo could easily add this character into the game, they just probably won't. 20% chance.

3. Ryu- Street Fighter

I know, its not exactly an original idea, but I think Ryu would fit in well with Smash Bros. Nintendo has already added a Capcom character Megaman, so Capcom's obviously willing to have their characters in Smash Bros.. Ryu is the main character in Street Fighter, and I believe his moveset in Street Fighter actually quite naturally carries over to Smash Bros. Think about it, his secondary attack or B-attack would be a hadouken, his save or up B attack would be a hurricane kick. His Shoryuken could be an upwards smash attack. His heavy and light regular attacks could fill out the rest of the moves. His final smashs could be a shinku hadouken. I would personally love to see Ryu in the game. Ryu has appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom which was a pretty light hearted over the top fighter, so why not Smash Bros.

Like I mentioned earlier, Nintendo isn't exactly super eager to add third party characters, but I certainly could see why they might want to add Ryu. He's been on Nintendo platoforms since the Super Nintendo, he's a very popular fighting character, Nintendo and Capcom have been pretty close as of late, and he's appeared on titles for Nintendo platforms like Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Super Street Fighter IV 3D and the upcoming Project X Zone. He's a pretty good fit for Smash Bros., but it's really if Nintendo feels he's needed in the roster. I hope they feel this way. This one is a 40% chance.

4. Isaac- Golden Sun

Golden Sun is by far one of the best RPG franchises on a handheld ever. Its a great Nintendo exclusive game, and the franchise definitely should have a character in Smash Bros. The reason I chose Isaac over his son Matthew is because he's a more iconic character. He's appeared in every title, and he's the character you play as in the first game. The adventure started with him, so its only fitting he's the one to appear in Smash Bros. He's a very powerful adept, and his moveset could be a combination of physical attacks and venus psynergy attacks. As for his final smash it could be the summon judgement, the most powerful Venus summon. Also if he does make it into the game I would like Nintendo to use his younger character from the first 2 games rather then the older dad version in Dark Dawn. That's just how I played as him so only fitting I play the same version of him in Smash Bros. as I did in the original Golden Sun.

To be fairly honest, I will be fairly surprised if no Golden Sun character is playable in the next Smash Bros. Its a fantastic series, and Nintendo obviously recognizes it as they had Isaac as an assist trophy in Brawl. Naturally the next step would be to make him a playable character. He's also a very wanted character by the fans, so its fairly likely he will be playable in Smash Bros. 4. I would be a bit dissapointed to see no playable Golden Sun characters. Isaac is clearly the best character to represent Golden Sun, yes Matthew was who you play as in Dark Dawn, but Isaac is the original, and he's been around since the first game. I say Isaac being added is a 75% chance. He is a must add character for the series.

5. Chrom- Fire Emblem

Well its likely Nintendo will replace Ike with Chrom since Chrom is the newest protagonist of the Fire Emblem series. Ike was an awesome character in Brawl, and although Roy was essentially the exact same as Marth in Melee, he was a great character. Fire Emblem characters are always great, and Chrom should be a welcome addition. I'm not sure if they will remove Ike to make room for Chrom, but it would be nice to see Chrom in action.

I'm fairly certain Nintendo will want to have their latest Fire Emblem hero in the Smash Bros. game. Whether he will be replacing Ike, or be a complete new character is uncertain, but it would be a bit of a surprise to me atleast if he didn't appear. I could see Nintendo also instead of making him playable just make him an assist trophy, but I think its more likely he's gonna be playable. He has atleast a 60% of being playable in the game. 

6. Mewtwo (Awakened Form)- Pokemon

Mewtwo in Melee was a great character. Although Lucario did an okay job in Brawl replacing him, he certainly was no Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a character a lot fans missed in Brawl. Of course, why add the same old Mewtwo, why not add the new recently revealed awakened formed version. Now I don't know much about this awakened form, but I imagine he could play similar to the original Mewtwo. Maybe even have the original Mewtwo form as a costume selection. I think Nintendo would like to keep things fresh, so why not satisify fans needs with this cool new Mewtwo form.

This ones difficult for me to judge. Nintendo certainly could add Mewtwo in his awakened form, but they might use a different pokemon. Nintendo likes to keep things current, so they might use a newer gen pokemon. Zooark is a possible replacement for Mewtwo and Lucario in the new Smash Bros., although he is a Dark Pokemon, not a psychic. Right now I'm gonna leave this one at 50%, because due to how much the fans love Mewtwo, it would be a bit hard for me to see Nintendo not bring back in some form, but at the same time Nintendo would probably want to a newer gen pokemon.

Well that's my list for now. I'll probably add more later, but tell me what ideas you like the best from the list and any other characters you would like to see in the Smash Bros. 

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

I am expecting another third party character, since Brawl had two as well. Isaac would be a neat addition, he definately has plenty of moves to use. I don't think Ryu would have a chance, however, because they mentioned in the developer direct that they decided megaman over ryu as the capcom character.

The MM link idea is cool, but there are just so many zelda characters already, especially if they decide on toon zelda.

Some characters I hope to see:

• victini
  • king k rool
  • dixie kong
  • waluigi
  • samorai goroh
  • sylux (or at least some other metroid character)
  • bowser jr

I also hope they don't remove any characters from Brawl.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts
Ghirahim (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword) Weight: Medium Speed: Medium B - Summon a Bokoblin Up B - Teleport Side B - Dark Skyward Strike Down B - Block Smash Attacks - sword attacks Final Smash - Demise
TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TxTech1923
Member since 2013 • 662 Posts
Shulk from Xenoblade, and Miis. Give all Miis the same move set, but you get to choose your mii as the skin. It would be hilarious to watch bowser get the crap kicked out of him by a MII
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
[QUOTE="drekula2"]Ghirahim (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword) Weight: Medium Speed: Medium B - Summon a Bokoblin Up B - Teleport Side B - Dark Skyward Strike Down B - Block Smash Attacks - sword attacks Final Smash - Demise

This was someone who I actually had in mind but I forgot to add. He would be a great addition, and a Demise final smash works perfectly.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Professor Layton Jack Frost
towny_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 towny_
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts

I think that Tom Nook has a high chance of being in it, as it was kinda hinted at in the trailer.

I would also like to see Professor Leyton, Skull Kid and the Mask Link that OP posted.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

Shulk from Xenoblade, and Miis. Give all Miis the same move set, but you get to choose your mii as the skin. It would be hilarious to watch bowser get the crap kicked out of him by a MIITxTech1923

Every character should have a chosen Mii head as an alternate skin lol

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

The only issue I see with your list FPS1337 is that all of those character are not really unique. I mean yea they all have different movesets but they're all kinda "cool" characters instead of unique characters. I wouldn't mind seeing them in but I want more unique characters.

I'd like:

Shyguy

Birdo

Black Bull

Cranky Kong

King Toady/Wart

Waddle Dee/Doo

Freya (Zangeki No Reginleiv)

Black Knight

Sothe

Kalas

Baelheit

Savyna

Mizuti

Midna

Kanden

Noxus

Red Ring Rico (3rd Party)

Nei (3rd Party)

Monster Hunter (3rd Party)

Roll or Ciel (3rd Party)

Megaman Zero (3rd Party)

Akira Yuki (3rd Party)

A Rayman Character (3rd Party)

Bomberman (3rd Party)

Billy Hatcher (3rd Party)

Cooking Mama (3rd Party)

This would be a great unique character list.  Highly unlikely that this list will happen though.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

I feel like all of these are very likely in the next SSB.

Little mac - punchout

why - there was a new punchout game released after brawl. He would have a great moveset.

Dixie kong - (donkey kong)

why - she is in the upcoming DK game. 

Shulk - Xenoblade

why - xenoblade was a huge game last year, and i feel like adding shulk would be an awesome way to promote the game.

professor layotn - One of nintendos popular handheld series. No character has been in a smash game before. Seems like a good fit.

iceElite64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iceElite64
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
The people I want in the next Smash is *The new form of Mewtwo (forgot it's name lol) *GF trooper from Metroid Prime 3 (not the dumb asses from Other M) *Rundas *Shadow *Sora *Riku *Proto Man (Don't judge me) *Chozo I can have my fantasies. But I do think Samus needs somebody else from Metroid, she's been there since the very beginning and I think they need at least 2 more people from Metroid. Ridley can wait for the next smash and Dark Samus could just be a color change. The Chozo would be great because we've never actually seen one fight and they could do whatever they wanted to with them. The GF trooper because the Galactic Federation has been with Samus since the beginning so I think it's only right if they get a chance in the next Smash. Rundas because everybody thought Rundas was awesome, from his personality to the fight with him on Bryyo. There have been tons of KH games on Nintendo systems so why not Sora and Riku. Sora because he would be perfect, he would be a sword fighter and could also use his magic. For his final smash he could use like a ultimate drive from KH2. Riku could be a lot different considering he has dark powers and he would be another sword fighter. Shadow because almost everybody hacks Brawl to get Shadow, the game would get way more hyped up for Shadow and more people would buy the game. Proto Man because he's AWESOME!
thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

Mewthree

rexthe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points