Changes you'd like to see in the Wind Waker remake?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zombieeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zombieeric
Member since 2012 • 54 Posts

I enjoyed the Wind Waker the first time I played it. But, I had a few issues with the game that i hope Nintendo takes the opportunity to change. I'd like to see them add a dungeon where you get the third pearl. I didn't like how in the oriignal you just sort of came across it. Also, I'd like them to either ditch the fetch quest at the end for the Triforce pieces altogether, or I'd like it to be that you have to find each one in a short mini-dungeon rather than just fishing around for them.

Anyone else have any changes they'd like to see? I'd also be happy if they kept the main game as it was, but also added a bunch of new optional content, new islands, dungeons, etc.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I want them to add the two dungeons that where removed from the original due to time constraints.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I'd like a simply "Jump to section" feature so I don't have to waste time riding across the sea unless I want too.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Using the touch screen to draw out sea routs maybe?

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts
I do not want to ride on ship for most the game.
Asagea_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

#6 Asagea_888
Member since 2008 • 430 Posts

Have a Master Quest like Ocarina of Time, or Boss Rush. Playing the game again on harder difficulty with rearranged items would make me want to replay Wind Waker again.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I'd like a simply "Jump to section" feature so I don't have to waste time riding across the sea unless I want too.Fightingfan
I thought they had that. There was a song you could play to warp yourself to various spots on the map.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Have a Master Quest like Ocarina of Time, or Boss Rush. Playing the game again on harder difficulty with rearranged items would make me want to replay Wind Waker again.

Asagea_888
Yes. A more difficult version would sell me. That, and the impossible--a build your own quest feature.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I'd like a simply "Jump to section" feature so I don't have to waste time riding across the sea unless I want too.Minishdriveby
I thought they had that. There was a song you could play to warp yourself to various spots on the map.

I don't know been like 8 years since I played the game, I just remember having to talk to that damn lion boat too damn much.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

don't forget that merchant boat who is over price

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 goblaa

I imagine the tingle tuner wouldn't need a GBA anymore. Also the pictobox could use the gamepad as a veiw finder. Bow aiming could be done better too.

There's a lot of features from PH that would work too like being able to take notes on your map.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

I enjoyed the Wind Waker the first time I played it. But, I had a few issues with the game that i hope Nintendo takes the opportunity to change. I'd like to see them add a dungeon where you get the third pearl. I didn't like how in the oriignal you just sort of came across it. Also, I'd like them to either ditch the fetch quest at the end for the Triforce pieces altogether, or I'd like it to be that you have to find each one in a short mini-dungeon rather than just fishing around for them.

Anyone else have any changes they'd like to see? I'd also be happy if they kept the main game as it was, but also added a bunch of new optional content, new islands, dungeons, etc.

zombieeric
I never got to play it myself, but what I really hope is that they do not make it motion controls. Also, if they make a hard mode i wanna be able to access this from the start.

Asagea_888
As long as you dont have to unlock the master quest or hard mode, I'll be happy.
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I didnt mind the fetch quest, I loved the entirety of that game, loved how on the second playthrough the hyrulian texts were translated, Loved taking photos and getting them changed into models. Apart from the gamepad additions that will no doubt happen, I hope they dont change a thing.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#14 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Dungeon maps and/or inventories on the gamepad. nuff' said

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I'd like a simply "Jump to section" feature so I don't have to waste time riding across the sea unless I want too.Minishdriveby

Yes, but IIRC, that song is optional. Meaning you can just go past it and end up not being able to find out until you have beaten the game.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 goblaa

[QUOTE="zombieeric"]

simomate

I never got to play it myself, but what I really hope is that they do not make it motion controls. Also, if they make a hard mode i wanna be able to access this from the start.

Asagea_888

As long as you dont have to unlock the master quest or hard mode, I'll be happy.

There's no way they add motion controls. The whole game would have to be re-worked from the ground up with all new combat and enemies. Plus they said they wanted the game to be able to be played off the TV.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

A revised translation,for starters.

The Master Sword WASN'T a seal on Ganon's power,it was a seal on his MINIONS.

Extras,like the two dungeons they didn't finish,and maybe an extra one with a new boss,and to stretch the story of the game abit.

If Nintendo could add difficulties,i'd be moat grateful,too,cause most of the game felt very easy.

Oh,and.........

A BUTTON TO CHANGE TO THE ORIGINAL,CEL SHADED GRAPHICS!

>_>

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

[QUOTE="simomate"][QUOTE="zombieeric"] I never got to play it myself, but what I really hope is that they do not make it motion controls. Also, if they make a hard mode i wanna be able to access this from the start. [QUOTE="Asagea_888"]

goblaa

There's no way they add motion controls. The whole game would have to be re-worked from the ground up with all new combat and enemies. Plus they said they wanted the game to be able to be played off the TV.

Ah right. Thats good haha
Asagea_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Asagea_888

GreekGameManiac

I don't see any need for that. I thought the translation of Wind Waker was perfectly fine.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Asagea_888

I don't see any need for that. I thought the translation of Wind Waker was perfectly fine.

You must be a not knowledgable fan.

No it wasn,it has mistakes,and additions that weren't in tne Japanese version.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
New dungeons and more interesting things on some of the boring islands.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GreekGameManiac

New dungeons and more interesting things on some of the boring islands.OreoMilkshake

That.

The islands were just...so small!

fugwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fugwit
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts

i hope they find some way to fuse WW with PH and add pack in wind waker AR cards

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I want them to add the two dungeons that where removed from the original due to time constraints.

spike6958

This would be amazing! I already consider Wind Waker the best Zelda as swell a one of the best games I have ever played and it wasn't even properly finished.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Asagea_888"]

GreekGameManiac

You seemed to have misunderstood what the Mastersword is doing in Wind Waker though. It WAS sealing Ganondorf's power (specifically the use of his magic) When you removed it, his full powers returned and all the enemies that were sealed in time awoke in the castle.

I believe Ganondorf thanks you for it and was able to break into Hyrule bellow at that point because he was at full power only after you removed the sword. Otherwise he would have returned earlier.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

spike6958
These are my thoughts too. They are already reworking the graphics engine. The 2 "lost" dungeons would make me a happy man. I personally liked finding the triforce pieces, so I hope they don't change that. Also maybe make the wind direction change on the fly as opposed to having to stop and do it.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Make a New Game is what I'd like to see with this Remake.
Asagea_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Asagea_888

[QUOTE="Asagea_888"]

GreekGameManiac

I've beaten every single game in the series, my friend, including Wind Waker. Twice. So, I think I can rightfully call myself a "knowledgable fan." ;)

If there were any mistakes in the translation, they would have been minor. But nowhere near any need for a revision.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I'd like a simply "Jump to section" feature so I don't have to waste time riding across the sea unless I want too.funsohng

Yes, but IIRC, that song is optional. Meaning you can just go past it and end up not being able to find out until you have beaten the game.

I thought you need it to get to an otherwise inaccessible place... [spoiler] The island with fire and ice arrows [/spoiler] I haven't played WW in years, but I remember getting stuck because I didn't have the song.
Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts

Asagea_888
This. It is amazing that a game that came out so long ago makes me want to buy a 400 dollar WiiU
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Not so much changes as maybe some additional content. I love this game.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

[QUOTE="Asagea_888"]

GreekGameManiac

Pull that stick out of your butt. It was fine.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Attach a god damn steam engine to the red lion head ship Link cruises on. One of my major gripes with Wind Waker was the constant need to stop and change direction of the wind. Maybe up the difficulty a tad and the rest I can manage...

Also, perhaps add more ways for rupees to be spent....

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Attach a god damn steam engine to the red lion head ship Link cruises on. One of my major gripes with Wind Waker was the constant need to stop and change direction of the wind. Maybe up the difficulty a tad and the rest I can manage...

tocool340

They won't put a steam engine on there, it would kind of defeat the point of the game. Its like taking time travel out of majora.

But youre right they need to streamline the sailing. Having to constantly switch in order to explore places was very annoying, and at times enough to encourage me not to do it. What they could do is maybe when you conduct the wind song, on the touch screen you can draw a path of where you might want it to go, like at certain points of the map itll blow north, but at others itll blow west.. So it isn't just going one direction all the time everywhere.. Or something

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Also, there needs to be more dungeons. About two more would be perfect. There just wasn't quite enough.

maybe more sidequests? Or more events in the story that involve the main characters like the pirates, and such. Because they pretty much just show up at the beginning of the game and disappear till the end. It would be nice to see them more involved in some way.

And its cool that there is so much hidden treausre in the game.. But yeah there is seriously nothing to spend it on.... Maybe some new outfits for link to wear? or weapon upgrades, something.

As much as I love this game to be perfect it needs a bit more

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I have the original but never really played it. I even had it preordered and got the OoT bonus disk. So it will be like a new game to me.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If they were any "deleted scences" on the original version. Then they could include them in the Wii U version. The Gamecube discs only hold 1.5 GB of Data. If Nintendo had to cut some game information to fit the game on 1 Gamecube disc.

They could put in any deleted stuff if there was any to begin with.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

VendettaRed07

They won't put a steam engine on there, it would kind of defeat the point of the game. Its like taking time travel out of majora.

But youre right they need to streamline the sailing. Having to constantly switch in order to explore places was very annoying, and at times enough to encourage me not to do it. What they could do is maybe when you conduct the wind song, on the touch screen you can draw a path of where you might want it to go, like at certain points of the map itll blow north, but at others itll blow west.. So it isn't just going one direction all the time everywhere.. Or something

Or maybe bring another item into the game perhaps called "Wind Compass" that allows us to control the direction of the wind so long as we are on the boat....
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
I want the game to not release at the same price as the original as I already have a copy of it and don't feel the need to drop 50 (or in a nightmare 60 ) on a graphical "upgrade" that the game does not need. What the game really needs is an overhaul of its pacing. Some times it flies by and is insanely fun and rewarding, then you will find yourself seemingly walking through tar and having to wait a few hours to find the fun again. Overall the game is great, but it needed just a little more polish.
wiicube64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wiicube64
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

Would love to see, as others have said, the 2 dungeons they cut as well as more islands and a Master Quest-like mode for added difficulty.

Also would LOVE to see a limited edition Wii U for the game's release. Imagine a gold-finish console and gamepad? Ugh, that would be great.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Add some facking dungeons no helpers pls. wont happen but a man can dream can't he?
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

I want the two removed dungeons please! :D

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

If the original was on a 1.5GB disc, and this remake will be on the Wii U's 25GB discs is it safe to say they should have enough room for a lot of 1920x1080 art/textures/etc?

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

spike6958
this, everything else is fine with me.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GreekGameManiac

Uh,no.

No,the translation wasn't alright.

Pikminmaniac and some others haven't really searched into this game.

There are mistranslated stuff on it.

In the Japanese version it WASN'T a seal on his power,period.

And that's just one example.

Anyway i just want them to give us fans of the game more incentive.

Maybe add minigames,multiplayer,and stuff.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Revise the brick wall that was the Triforce shard quest. Absolutely killed the pacing. No more grinding for rupees to pay Tingle's ridiculous fees, no more having to sail around to dredge up each shard after I've already spent the time completing challenges to get the charts. If ever there was a part of a Zelda game that needed to be streamlined, this is it.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GreekGameManiac

Revise the brick wall that was the Triforce shard quest. Absolutely killed the pacing. No more grinding for rupees to pay Tingle's ridiculous fees, no more having to sail around to dredge up each shard after I've already spent the time completing challenges to get the charts. If ever there was a part of a Zelda game that needed to be streamlined, this is it. meetroid8

Thos too,yeah.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Revise the brick wall that was the Triforce shard quest. Absolutely killed the pacing. No more grinding for rupees to pay Tingle's ridiculous fees, no more having to sail around to dredge up each shard after I've already spent the time completing challenges to get the charts. If ever there was a part of a Zelda game that needed to be streamlined, this is it. GreekGameManiac

Thos too,yeah.

Im hoping they just cut out the middle man (Tingle) and rework it in a way that isnt annoying, oh and get rid of tingle and his brothers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Make it a $20 budget release. No need for a full priced remake
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

To gain my interest it needs new content. I already have WW on the gamecube, so it needs some new dungeons, enemies and items.