Chances the rumor is false?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
Anyone have any guesses, I just bought a wii back in October (Limited Edition Holiday Mario) and I don't want to buy a new one a year later.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

So dont buy one if it comes out a year later...? No one is forcing you even if it does happen, enjoy the backlog of games you missed out on.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

So dont buy one if it comes out a year later...? No one is forcing you even if it does happen, enjoy the backlog of games you missed out on.

WreckEm711

Bassicly, noones forcing you to buy a system :P

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SonicNextGen2
Well, thats the thing I buy ALL Nintendo Systems at launch after the N64, I just bouught a 3DS and now I have to buy this. P.S: I bought a wii, sold it due to crapfest of games in 2006-2007 and bought it again in said month in first post.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
lol So you hope its false because you lack self control, even if whats out doesn't interest you? Well hate to break it to you, while I don't how true the details are, the new console part is probably true.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I hope they are false. We need longer console life spans.
Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
[QUOTE="Rod90"]I hope they are false. We need longer console life spans.

If the rumors are true and it does release late 2012, then the Wii would have been on the market for well over 6 years, that is longer than any previous Nintendo console. And who's to say that the Wii won't continue to stick around even after the release of their new console
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#8 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

if you had a wii in 2006-7 why did you sell it , i bet you learned never to sell a console again if you know your gonna end up with one a gain especalyl near a wii 2 possible launch lol

wilford88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 wilford88
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts
I'm pretty confident that the rumors are true. As said by Crystal-Rush - the Wii v.1 will be 6 years old once the new Wii 2 hits the market. That's already pretty darn old. On a personal note - I would really love to see a Nintendo system that has better graphics/more powerful/High Def to also enjoy a much bigger selection of games (especially 3rd party games).
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Rod90"]I hope they are false. We need longer console life spans.

A consoles life span is as long as you want it to be, if a new console comes out in 2012, you could wait until 2016 to retire your Wii. Well maybe not that long since the world would have ended by that time, but you get the point. Its highly unlikely that you've played everything the console has to offer, so even with the big games being made on the new console, you can get life out the current one.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Even if true, it's still 1.5 years away from launch.

Avatar image for MicrosoftISdumb
MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 MicrosoftISdumb
Member since 2005 • 1959 Posts

I hope they are false. We need longer console life spans.Rod90
I totally disagree. Everything with the Wii has been done. Developers have reached their creative peak with it. Nintendo needs to release a new console to create new innovation. Lets be honest, the Wiimote technology is outdated. It was cool when it first came out, but the waggle fest is just annoying now.... need some new and improved motion controls.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I hope they are false. We need longer console life spans.MicrosoftISdumb

I totally disagree. Everything with the Wii has been done. Developers have reached their creative peak with it. Nintendo needs to release a new console to create new innovation. Lets be honest, the Wiimote technology is outdated. It was cool when it first came out, but the waggle fest is just annoying now.... need some new and improved motion controls.

Not really, Wii motion plus has been COMPLETELY underutilized, there is a TON of potential for it.

NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts
It's possible most of the rumors are false. What's not false is Nintendo coming out with a new console. That's most certainly happening. Especially with Wii sales dropping in all regions and there is almost no 3rd party support outside of licensed titles.
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

"After we've reached an installed base of 45 million here in the U.S., we can have a conversation about the next generation." - "Nintendo of America's top guy, Reggie Fils-Aime" - Would Reggie lie to us?

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Most of the rumors, maybe all of them are false, easpecially the remote having a screen. All I know that is true is that Nintendo does have a new console up their sleve and it will be awesome.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

"After we've reached an installed base of 45 million here in the U.S., we can have a conversation about the next generation." - "Nintendo of America's top guy, Reggie Fils-Aime" - Would Reggie lie to us?

LovePotionNo9
Nintendo has not reached that goal yet.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="LovePotionNo9"]

wiifan001

Nintendo of America has not reach that goal yet ;)

I dont think Regie has the finial say in when new hardware launches.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="LovePotionNo9"]

Gamingclone

Nintendo of America has not reach that goal yet ;)

I dont think Regie has the finial say in when new hardware launches.

That's exactly what I just implied. Nintendo has not yet an installed base of 45 million based on the sources I've checked.

Who's Regie?

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
lol So you hope its false because you lack self control, even if whats out doesn't interest you? Well hate to break it to you, while I don't how true the details are, the new console part is probably true. Sepewrath
I can't agree more
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NeoStar9

LovePotionNo9
That was just talk to get away from any discussion at that moment about a new system so it wouldn't screw with Nintendo Wii sales. With sales slipping and not significant 3rd party support a new system is needed now.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wiifan001
[QUOTE="LovePotionNo9"]

NeoStar9
That was just talk to get away from any discussion at that moment about a new system so it wouldn't screw with Nintendo Wii sales. With sales slipping and not significant 3rd party support a new system is needed now.

So your answer to the question is "yes?"
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NeoStar9

[QUOTE="NeoStar9"][QUOTE="LovePotionNo9"]

wiifan001

Yup. However when a new system launches isn't his decision and there is nothing to say he would even be in the "know" regarding any plans for a new system, especially at that point in time.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gamingclone

Who's Regie?

wiifan001

typo. I meant reggie

And sorry I thought you were reffering to the Nintendo as a whole, world wide sales, that kind of thing.Since it is very true that U.S. sales have not reached 45 million yet.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="NeoStar9"] That was just talk to get away from any discussion at that moment about a new system so it wouldn't screw with Nintendo Wii sales. With sales slipping and not significant 3rd party support a new system is needed now.NeoStar9

Yup. However when a new system launches isn't his decision and there is nothing to say he would even be in the "know" regarding any plans for a new system, especially at that point in time.

You're not only accusing the President of Nintendo of America of lying but also underestimating his knowledge he may have on it (assuming there actually IS a new console in the making)?
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rod90

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I hope they are false. We need longer console life spans.MicrosoftISdumb

Innovation is not on the hardware. Innovation comes when the developers can't do anything new with the "wiimote technology" as you say, and then is when the really creative games appear.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sepewrath
When a new console is revealed and launched is handled by the boys and girls in Kyoto, Reggie simply may have been operating on old information. But the more likely reason is he was simply lying, he's not going to tip Nintendo's hand in some random interview; they could have been showing a new system two weeks after that and he would have said no. You tip your hand to early and you end up with things like the Sixaxis and Jack Tretton trolling lol.
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

I hope they are false. We need longer console life spans.Rod90
While you are correct about longer life spans, the Wii has pretty much hit the end of its life cycle IMO.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SonicNextGen2
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]lol So you hope its false because you lack self control, even if whats out doesn't interest you? Well hate to break it to you, while I don't how true the details are, the new console part is probably true. JuarN18
I can't agree more

Well No, forget what I just said because I cancelled my 3DS order due to the fact that their is only a few good games coming out. And I said I would never sell a console again, unless it goes towards a console and will get more money for it than usual. Anyways, its just that I hate that they might make 2 new consoles in one year, but now that I know that is is late 2012 that may not be too bad. I just hope people don't forget about the wii after the announcement, remember the gamecube?
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rod90

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I hope they are false. We need longer console life spans.Brickz187

While you are correct about longer life spans, the Wii has pretty much hit the end of its life cycle IMO.

Why?
MrMenConduit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrMenConduit
Member since 2009 • 124 Posts
I disagree.... Those controls are far better for FPShooters that I play and will be using it for the new wii. There's no way they'd drop the controls after pumping so much into them. An upgrade of some sort and probably some major restyling.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
chances of nintendo announcing a new system? very high. chances of any of this bullcrap being true? almost null. need for you to buy the new system when it's out when you waited 4 years for a wii? none.
BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

[QUOTE="Brickz187"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I hope they are false. We need longer console life spans.Rod90

Why?

It stopped selling and devs stopped developing games for it.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="Brickz187"] While you are correct about longer life spans, the Wii has pretty much hit the end of its life cycle IMO.

BlbecekBobecek

Why?

it stopped selling? those are news to me Also the majority of third party games are released in fall
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="Brickz187"] While you are correct about longer life spans, the Wii has pretty much hit the end of its life cycle IMO.

BlbecekBobecek

Why?

stopped selling? no. as for the second part, it's called a drought. following your logic, the PS3 should have ended its lifespan before 2008.
hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#38 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

I just bought the red wii to and not ready for another wii but im excited to see if rumours are true though. Im still happy for it to come out sooner rather then later, doesnt bother me.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

chances of nintendo announcing a new system? very high.

chances of any of this bullcrap being true? almost null.

need for you to buy the new system when it's out when you waited 4 years for a wii? none.BrunoBRS

Actually the stuff from 01net is probably true. (They did leak the NGP specs before it was announced those specs turned out to be true)

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"]Anyways, its just that I hate that they might make 2 new consoles in one year, but now that I know that is is late 2012 that may not be too bad. I just hope people don't forget about the wii after the announcement, remember the gamecube?

Big difference between the GC and the Wii, the GC had been dead for years, while the Wii is the dominant market leader. It would continue to see support, though it would be minimal. However it wouldn't be like the cube where everything just stopped abruptly.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Most of the specific details about specs and the controller could easily be wrong, but a new system is definitely on its way.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]chances of nintendo announcing a new system? very high.

chances of any of this bullcrap being true? almost null.

need for you to buy the new system when it's out when you waited 4 years for a wii? none.Nintendo_Ownes7

Actually the stuff from 01net is probably true. (They did leak the NGP specs before it was announced those specs turned out to be true)

getting one thing right =/= being definitely right about things.
XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#43 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

The news reports and rumors are continuing to come in on the news, so by now, I'd say that the Wii2 will most likely be debated at E3 this year in June.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

this thing is like 2001 tech & its 2011. We better have something new by 2012.

Avatar image for redlightstudios
redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 redlightstudios
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

The Wii remote is untaped greatly imo, but............... no one is going to support the darned thing with vastly outdated hardware, and a company that is just starting to reach out to developers on top of that.

I don't care what anyone says, graphics do matter just as much as gameplay. You can have the greatest control method or the greatest gameplay, but if the game looks like garbage... it won't sell 9 times out of 10.

I honestly believe it's all abig symbiote circle. Developers want to be able to do things with their projects. Not all have that choice, but I know I wouldn't want to use my talents on outdated tech if I had my choice. If the console makers don't give them the opportunity to use the creativity freely because of the hardware choices they've made, I can imagine that would cause some problems.

James Cameron didn't make Avatar with 1980's technology.

AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
[QUOTE="MicrosoftISdumb"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I hope they are false. We need longer console life spans.Rod90

Innovation is not on the hardware. Innovation comes when the developers can't do anything new with the "wiimote technology" as you say, and then is when the really creative games appear.

I have to say I agree with this.