Castlevania: Which is best? Dawn of Sorrow, or Portrait of Ruin????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dragonfish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dragonfish09
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts
So which do you think is better?

I am just looking for some platformer I can take with me, and just pick up anywhere and start killing stuff. I was also thinking about Kirby Canvas Curse. Opinions? Replay value, important, and just something pick up and play platforming.
dragonfish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dragonfish09
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts
Hey, can anyone help?
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
Both of the Castlevanias are awesome. I think I enjoyed Dawn of Sorrow a little more, although PoR does have a little bit more replay value (DoS still has a decent amount). I guess I'd say get DoS, but PoR is still a good choice. Plus, I don't know how easy it is to find DoS.
Avatar image for Space_Godzillla
Space_Godzillla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Space_Godzillla
Member since 2004 • 4100 Posts
I usually tend to switch back and forth betweeen the two, right now I'm currently getting farther in POR. They are both pretty great and its pretty hard to recommend one over the other. But if I had to choose I'd say go for DOS since its probably harder to come by now.
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ArmoJan
Member since 2005 • 3169 Posts
In my opinion, DoS is much more difficult.  Every time you fight and beat down a boss, you are required to use a steady hand to draw out a random emblem.  If you have shaky hands from an intense battle, chances are you may mess the draw up and have to start all over again.  Basically a PAIN in the neck.  Obviously it did not get good feed back so the developers did away with that for PoR.

PoR has a LOT of new features in the series.  You get to play with dual characters on the screen at one.

I personally like PoR much better.  I already beat it once and all the secret levels unlocked.  I am thinking about going through the game again, I thought it was THAT good.