Can't live without, GBA games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ironcowboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ironcowboy84
Member since 2015 • 38 Posts

OK I am going old skool here. I have a GBA and that is all I have to play right now. I know it is sad, but it is getting me by. I have Golden Sun the lost age I am playing for it. That game is pretty cool. I want to get Breath of Fire 2 and Final Fantasy Origins for it. Any suggestions?

In_Vino_Verita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 In_Vino_Verita
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts

You could do worse than a GBA. I'd like to recommend Final Fantasy 6!

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

I have yet to finish the game, but i would recommend Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.

Other good games are:

the GBA version of Super Mario World

Metroid Fusion

Metroid Zero Mission

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

maybe the Fire Emblem series

Megaman Zero games

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Fire Emblem, Mario Tennis and Golf, FF Tactics Advanced, Super Mario 3, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Advanced Wars are some more.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I see you're playing Golden Sun: The Lost Age, so I'm just checking, have you played the original? The Lost Age starts directly where the original game finishes, so it would be in your best interest to play that one as well.

As for other suggestions, Pokemon is a great series would recommend both Fire Red and Emerald, aside from that the guys above have both made excellent suggestions.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@spike6958 said:

I see you're playing Golden Sun: The Lost Age, so I'm just checking, have you played the original? The Lost Age starts directly where the original game finishes, so it would be in your best interest to play that one as well.

As for other suggestions, Pokemon is a great series would recommend both Fire Red and Emerald, aside from that the guys above have both made excellent suggestions.

I think i've heard you need to beat the first one to play the second one, because the stats from the first game carry over to the second one, or something like that.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#7 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

I'm going to make an unusual suggestion - DemiKids. An obscure Shin Megami Tensei spin-off that had a Dark Version and a Light Version, I suggest buying both since the story makes full sense only that way. Generally it's looked upon as a mediocre game and regrettably the sequels weren't localized, but I absolutely love it. Maybe it's just sentimental value, but... there's something wonderful about DemiKids to me \:D/ The art style, the setting, the innocence.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Zelda Minish Cap, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@hydralisk86 said:

@spike6958 said:

I think i've heard you need to beat the first one to play the second one, because the stats from the first game carry over to the second one, or something like that.

You don't' have to have beaten Golden Sun, but it does give you a password to put into The Lost Age to carry that stuff over, and the story starts almost directly after the finale scenes of the original so it's best to have done so.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I love my gba and still play it as if its the newest Nintendo handheld. If you like Golden Sun and Fire Emblem, I'd give The Legacy Of Goku/Buus Fury, Mega Man Battle Network, Sword Of Mana, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance a shot. If you're into 2D platformers/run 'n' gun games, check out Mega Man Zero, Meg Man and Bass, Gunstar Heroes, Alien Hominid, Metal Slug Advance, Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Sonic Advance and any Super Mario game, they're all great. If you want Beat Em Ups, Double Dragon, Astro Boy, Jackie Chan Adventures, Gekido Advance, Dragon Ball GT Transformation, TMNT, and Final Fight One are the way to go.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#11 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Rock n roll racing

Mario kart super circuit

All the Mario games

Dkc games

Driver 2

Duke nukrm advance

Driv3r

Nfs games

Zelda

There is plenty of games on GBA plus GBA plays GBC and gb games

-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Avatar image for RenegadeRainbow
RenegadeRainbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By RenegadeRainbow
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

There is NUFFIN' wrong with liking it old-skool! If it's just gba RPG's or RPG-ish games you're looking for then make sure you get the second installment of Golden Sun and Breath of fire! A few others are Zelda: Minsh Cap, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Final Fantasy I & II.

If it's gba games in generalPinball of the Dead, Spyro season of Flame, The Sims Bustin' Out, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, Yoshi's Island, Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby, TMNT, and Hamtaro are all quirky and Immersive games you should look into if you haven't already! ^u^

P.S. OLD SKOOL FOREVERRRRR! !